Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Survey-type-thing

Go down 
+11
hyperlite
Burnttoaster
Avenger_7
Potato
yomi
fr0stbyte124
Ivan2006
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
The Schmetterling
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
I say just make a bunch of blank clones, and if my body get to old, or damaged, just pop my mind into one of them, and I get to live forever.

Now why, just why would you want to live forever? You would run out of things to do. I understand extending our lives, but when we want to live "forever" it becomes too much. In the old topic grant the wish in the cruelest way possible, many of the cruel ways were you get bored from living forever. Just does not sound too good.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:43 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
I say just make a bunch of blank clones, and if my body get to old, or damaged, just pop my mind into one of them, and I get to live forever.

Now why, just why would you want to live forever? You would run out of things to do. I understand extending our lives, but when we want to live "forever" it becomes too much. In the old topic grant the wish in the cruelest way possible, many of the cruel ways were you get bored from living forever. Just does not sound too good.

oh there's plenty of thing to do in the universe, and its not like nothing interesting wouldn't happen
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

oh there's plenty of thing to do in the universe, and its not like nothing interesting wouldn't happen
That's the Palpatine method of immortality, and look how well it worked for him.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm

if you guys don't like idea of liveing forever fine, but i'm competely alright with being alive.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
if you guys don't like idea of liveing forever fine, but i'm competely alright with being alive.
Living forever is great, it's the pitchforks and torches I don't like.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

15th Wife: So... how old are you?
You: 1035 Years Old
15th Wife: WTF?! PITCHFORKS! *Stabs you*
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

Heh. I was born in your year 852 AD
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:05 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

This is you 1023 post, that's close to 123
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Khmac wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

Not anymore... MUHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

Not anymore... MUHAHAHAHAHA

Now it's 1024 when you reply it will be 1025 (Or WAS)
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm

The cloning of non-sentient organisms is not only ethical but practical as it can be used to bring endangered species back from the brink of ectinction.

However, the cloning of sentient organisms, human or non human, is an entirely different matter. FOr one, if the clone would grow inside a cow NO. That is bounds for massive discrimination. Human clones must be formed inside a human woman. Also, they must be treated as an individual, as the clone WILL develop different prefences and tastes.

Infact, there are already human clones. Two of my best friends are clones of each other. WHyt? They are identical twins. This means they have the exact same DNA and the exact same genetic traits. Yes, identical twins are technicaly clones of one another.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Anyway, I think, it is quite O.K. to clone animals and plants and stuff but when it comes to human beings I think it should be forbidden to do so. Here are some reasons for that:
1.) as stated before, Cloning technology can be abused.
2.) It is quite unlikely that clones will be threated like any normal human. For example, they might not be able to chose their job or maybe they will all have to become soliders.
3.) Until we fully understand the human genetics, there will be a lot of failures resulting in heavily handicapped humans who additionally might get excluded by society because they´re clones.

Last time i checked, we didnt discriminate against identical twins...
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Iv121 wrote:
You didn't consider the biggest religion though : Buddhism Razz (And everything like that I dunno the real difference between that stuff) .
I believe cloning is gonna sort of ruin their way of thinking that says souls enter another body when a person dies Razz . Or isn't ?
The simple answer would be that clones don't have souls.

That's what every religion will say, or they will say they are demons or devils.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:48 am

In my opinion, cloning is OK when used properly and for helpful, non-militaristic reasons (Look at Star Wars, and what happened there). Cloning humans, for example. What you could do, in case you have a very, VERY good leader that has led successfully for years and is dying, is to clone his body and transplant his brain. Fruits, non sentients, ect, it may work. Also, there is another reason.

Say, for some reason, most or all humans become sterile. We would have to clone ourselves to survive, maybe for centuries, until we can modify our genetics to be able to procreate again. It's possible. Disease, radiation, society, it could all do it. The question is, when?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 am

Here's my appraisal of the situation:

I find scientific issues such as cloning interesting topics, as they provide a great deal of discussion. The fact that cloning, being based in science, has such strong ethical and philosophical ramifications is fascinating. The issue of cloning reminds me of the ethics of the dropping the atomic bomb on Japan: do the ethical issues it presents outweigh the benefits of the act or not?

I feel strongly about this issue, as I believe that cloning a whole human being is extremely unethical. The cloning of a full human being would present far too many physical, moral, and philosophical issues to be ethical. A cloned person would be liable to a short lifespan, as I said earlier. Also, the philosophical problems of identity and humanity come into play. It is likely that if a human was cloned, they would be treated as a second-class citizen, resulting in discrimination, despite Buddhism’s efforts to say otherwise.

This isn’t to say that I don’t agree with therapeutic cloning. I believe that in most cases therapeutic cloning would help save lives, advance medical knowledge, and reveal more about the way humans work. I believe just as strongly that reproductive cloning of a human being is unethical, as stated above.

The United Nations held a General Assembly on the issue of human cloning during December of 2001. Many countries called the ban of all forms of cloning, including therapeutic cloning (as they saw it as a breach of human dignity). However, the debate continued, and in 2005 a non-binding convention requesting the banning of all forms of human cloning was passed. While it is clear that most people don’t support reproductive cloning of humans, therapeutic cloning still remains to be seen.

The Australian seems to agree more with my perspective. In the past, Australia had a ban on all forms of human cloning. However, as of December 2006, therapeutic cloning was legalized. Also, in this bill, the creation of human embryos with the purpose of stem cell research was also legalized. I agree with their appraisal of the issue, therapeutic cloning should be legalized.

One of the major issues of reproductive cloning is its inefficiency. A famous example of this was the cloned sheep “Dolly”. It took 277 attempts to clone Dolly . That’s 276 lives wasted. Bad enough as it is for animals, that number of wasted human lives is extremely unethical.

As it stands with today’s technology, only taking 177 attempts to clone Dolly was actually lucky; the University of Utah believes that reproductive cloning has a range of 0.1-3% success rate . It could have taken nearly a thousand tries before a successful clone was produced. A process that plays with life like this, which is as inefficient as it is, is clearly unethical.

There is also the issue of biodiversity that cloning would effect. If we were all clones, the first pathogen to make its appearance would affect everyone, no-one would have the immunity that some would in a biodiversity world. The same applies to cloned crops: while cloned crops may be easier to manage, they would be affected by disease a lot more easily. While decreased biodiversity isn’t necessarily unethical, it is something to be avoided.

It is guaranteed that someone will take advantage of cloning, for the profit of it. This is something I find extremely unethical. People will sell clones into slavery, as they could easily be mass produced. For this reason, it is also likely that clones would be used to perform dangerous or unsavoury tasks in society, why should we take special care to keep someone alive when we can make another identical copy?
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:53 pm

cloning organs for med use: YES (besides, its already happening with organ printing)

cloning animals: well eventually the population will be very high so... yes

cloning humans: I read a book recently about the human race eventually deciding to clone everybody and for the clone to be a soldier to protect humanity. Sadly, when a clone found out that he/she was a clone there were some mental and physical issues like depression and not wanting to fight so, a computer was implemented into the clones so that if they ever found out that they were clones, they DIED. No. I do not support human cloning. I dont even think that we can be considered "human" anymore if humanity decides to make "test tube babies".
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey-type-thing   Survey-type-thing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survey-type-thing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2