Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Literature

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:24 am

Post books you like. I'll start with Startide Rising. It's a good book, so read it. Now we can discuss that book and when that discussion dies down, someone else posts a book. Cycle repeats.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 am

The list will be Very long for me, so i may edit it into a spoiler.

Harry potter books 1-7
Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
>The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe (Illustrated Classics Edition)<
>Black Hawk Down<
>The Art Of War<
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mocking jay
Artemis Fowl books
The Supernaturalist (by Eoin Colfer)
>The Rook(reading it now)<
Deltora Quest 1-7 (read them wheni was younger, recent recieved entire series in a two book set so its a fairly good two day read for me)
>>Shadow Children Series (alone they are quite thin, but a good read for the entire series)
Entire Alex Rider series
All Percy Jackson and the Olympians
House of the Scorpion
The Sea of Troll
The Ear, The Eye, And The Arm
Virals
U.S. Army Ranger Training Manual
Atlas of World War II
Pendragon Series
Cryptid Hunters (good for a a two hour drive or so)
Red Badge Of Courage
Pacific Vortex
Shockwave
Incan Gold
Arctic Drift
^Every Other Dirk Pitt Book
Where the Wind Blows
The Lake House
Maximum Ride Series
Almost Any Other James Patterson Book
Tomarrow, WHen The War Began
The Dead of Night
The Third Day, The Frost
Darkness Be My Friend
Burning for Revenge
The Night is For Hunting
The Other Side of the Dawn
Jurrassic Park novela stories

This is what i can remember at this moment and while looking around my room.

I also attempted to read all of the books in The Dragon Riders of Pern when i was eleven. I gave up after book six because i was too confused, as i did not realize the series spanned 2500 years and jumped around the timeline in no real order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:14 pm

I don't read much human literature, probably because I am on a separate plane of existence... But...

Eon
HP 1,2,4,5,6,7
Art of War

That's all the ones I know off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:39 pm

I thought this post was about the quality of books and not about the quantity.
If I would post all Books I ever read here This would take several sites (and they are calculated by post number not by post length)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Cheatmaster wrote:
If I would post all Books I ever read here This would take several sites (and they are calculated by post number not by post length)

All of these books i found to be amazing (with the exception of dragon riders of pern). I have reread many books several times, and my taste in literature is diverse enough i can tell when a book was written by a dedicated author who put his own emotions or beliefs into the book. CLive Cussler (author of Dirk Pitt novels) took this almost seriously, as he pulled a move like Stephen King, as in every one of his novels there is a character who appears near the latter section of the novel for a page or so named Clive Cussler (the author's ame), and helps the main character accomplish the task in one way or another. It could be giving him knowledge on a local waterway leading to a corporate wharehouse, or the character helping the protagonist could be a researcher in antarctica who permits him to use a SnoCat. Also, CLive Cussler's life mirrors that of the protagonist in his books, down to the antique car collection, and that his son is named Dirk (named main character AFTER his son).

Even in Black Hawk Down, the author was an experience field reporter for wars and had very accurate sources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:23 pm

scout37 wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:

All of these books i found to be amazing (with the exception of dragon riders of pern). I have reread many books several times, and my taste in literature is diverse enough i can tell when a book was written by a dedicated author who put his own emotions or beliefs into the book. CLive Cussler (author of Dirk Pitt novels) took this almost seriously, as he pulled a move like Stephen King, as in every one of his novels there is a character who appears near the latter section of the novel for a page or so named Clive Cussler (the author's ame), and helps the main character accomplish the task in one way or another. It could be giving him knowledge on a local waterway leading to a corporate wharehouse, or the character helping the protagonist could be a researcher in antarctica who permits him to use a SnoCat. Also, CLive Cussler's life mirrors that of the protagonist in his books, down to the antique car collection, and that his son is named Dirk (named main character AFTER his son).

Even in Black Hawk Down, the author was an experience field reporter for wars and had very accurate sources.

Artemis Fowl! EPIC series! I have reread it many times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Die Feuerreiter seiner Majestät (I don´t know what these book series is called in english, anyway it´s that dragon-thingy by Naomi Novik)
Harry Potter 1-7
Warrior Cats
Sonic the Hedgehog (well actually a comic and I have to read it illegally using the Internet because that stuff cost 10€ per issue over here) (The American version. The British one is crap.)
Eragon
several Star Wars books
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literature   

Back to top Go down

Literature
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-