Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Item texture and modelling application

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I am applying to do item textures and modelling

IGN: Timetogo11

Timezone: EST

Minecraft modding experience: I haven't done any texture or models for a mod

I'm going to start off with my texture examples.
Now the reason why i want to do item textures is causes I'm not good with blocks.
Now I have only made guns so far but can do other items.
Here's some guns from my WIP flan content pack

First the Assault rife, it's one of other ones
that I don't know what they're called but
all the firing stuff is on the stock and it has a short
barrel because of that and the clip goes in behind trigger.
And the second picture is with a more realistic ammo mag

Next is the LMG, it also has the evey in the stock design,
the second picture is the same LMG but with a stock.
And the other 2 picture are with a more realistic ammo mag

Here's Snipe rife, its also has the everything in the stock design

The pistol

This is the missile launcher its launches missiles, and it can hold multiple missiles ready to fire in a revolver like ammo holder.

and here's some missiles (going from left to right "MRAW" "AP missile" DP missile"

This is a plasma launcher, it launches plasma that melts through armour

This is a heavy infantry gun, it has one barrel and firs large projectiles

This is another heavy infantry gun, it has 3 barrels that rotate like a mini gun it fires smaller projectile but more rapidly.

That is it for the textures, now for the model examples.
I prefer to do vehicles, ship turrets, and robots

First is the gunship
and I did my best to make a icon for it

Next the light tank, now I kind of messed up on this one

I thought I'd put the fighter and M1A1 up to the frount page

Last edited by Burnttoaster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I.....

Shocked LOVE YOUR MODELS!!!! Shocked

Butyour icons won't work with a white backround (that is how they would apear in-game)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 pm

scout37 wrote:
I.....

Butyour icons won't work with a white backround (that is how they would apear in-game)

COuld you pm me a link for a download of the Hover Tank texture? i want to see if i can work with it.

EDIT: actually, dont. i wanted to try and improve the textures but i would be unable to differentiate any locations without specific traits on parts of the model.

Last edited by scout37 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

scout37 wrote:
I.....

I'm well aware of that, I have versions without the white background
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:35 pm

So you just make these in techne? Is it easy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:03 pm

First_Sith_Sitting wrote:
So you just make these in techne? Is it easy?

Yes, it really is. but some of the better models are hand made, and alot of the same goes for textures. Also, the skins for techne models overlap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Holy cow. That dropship is awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Holy cow. That dropship is awesome.

Dropship? You mean the gunship, cause that's a gunship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 pm

No need to be a scrub Burnt..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I quite like those models.

Can you make an engine? It doesn't have to be canon, I just want to see your take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Here, lemme give you the tier 5 engine:

A tier five engine is a room, in which is contained a large globe of antimatter. The antimatter spins slowly, and out of it is projected a stream of antimatter. The antimatter is projected in a helix, and twines with a stream of positive matter. Along the connection, sparks fly, and in the center of the room, they meet and produce a globe of energy so intense you can't look at it. This energy is cooled until it takes the form of a kitten, which is then shot and tossed out the window into space. A hand crank nearby provides power to the ship.

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Keon wrote:

A tier five engine is a room, in which is contained a large globe of antimatter. The antimatter spins slowly, and out of it is projected a stream of antimatter. The antimatter is projected in a helix, and twines with a stream of positive matter. Along the connection, sparks fly, and in the center of the room, they meet and produce a globe of energy so intense you can't look at it. This energy is cooled until it takes the form of a kitten, which is then shot and tossed out the window into space. A hand crank nearby provides power to the ship.
I like it. Make it so looking at the globe of energy forces you to watch a video of Justin Beiber for 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Keon wrote:

That sounds interesting, but that's not how a anti matter engine would look like. It would be something like a cylinder type thing, were anti matter atoms are smash to gather with matter atoms, and the exposition they create would be I think be compressed and directed to the back out into space making propulsion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

That sounds interesting, but that's not how a anti matter engine would look like. It would be something like a cylinder type thing, were anti matter atoms are smash to gather with matter atoms, and the exposition they create would be I think be compressed and directed to the back out into space making propulsion.
Antimatter engines, at the moment, look like whatever the heck the director wants them to look like.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Can you make an engine? It doesn't have to be canon, I just want to see your take.

This is what I imagine, well a basic version of it.

I didn't work that long on the texture.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

techne texturers... Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:20 pm

scout37 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

techne texturers... Mad

I didn't use techne textures
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Then that's a pretty subpar texture, no offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Ok I admit it, I don't know what techne textures are, well I haven't heard of the term, I thought it was some kind of texturing in the techne program that I didn't know of, well I don't know, I probably shouldn't of posted the comment, and I said I didn't work that long on the textures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:

Ok I admit it, I don't know what techne textures are, well I haven't heard of the term, I thought it was some kind of texturing in the techne program that I didn't know of, well I don't know, I probably shouldn't of posted the comment, and I said I didn't work that long on the textures.

I mean texturing with techne. I have never textured with techne, always based it off the template. Retexturing templates for Flan's planes is pretty damn hard since he has everything overlapping one way or another.

But could i get a download for that engine texture? i really want to take a crack at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm

scout37 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

I mean texturing with techne. I have never textured with techne, always based it off the template. Retexturing templates for Flan's planes is pretty damn hard since he has everything overlapping one way or another.

But could i get a download for that engine texture? i really want to take a crack at it.

here take a crack at it

mediafire.com ?qd9ow94ktt3em6w
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

So what about this anyway? I mean, I know the engine isn't the best, but to my understanding it was to see my take on it? I didn't work on it that long anyway.
The gunship shows what I can do, and I could make another model, of maybe a another vehicle, or a turret for a ship, or even a combat drone/robot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PureLiquid

Location : In my secret cave, playing minecraft and trying to capture the world.

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 am

That gunship is badass, would love to see that added!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:00 pm

if I have to show more models

here's the fighter I recently made

and here's a unfinished M1A1 tank I'm working on for a flan content pack, I'm trying to make ( its just the body no turret so far)

front

back

I don't really know what's going on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I like that fighter. Can i see the .class file when your done? i want to see it in-game via flan's mod
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item texture and modelling application   

Back to top Go down

Item texture and modelling application
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next