Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 different kinds of planets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 pm

I think there should be some special planet kinds.
The first Planet a server creates would always be a default one, but as you continue your journey through space you may find some of them.
My Ideas would be:
1.)Desert Planet
nothing has ever lived there and nothing will ever live there until you do something about it.
-no dirt to plant food. You have to import that.
-almost no water
-no mobs spawn naturally. neither animals nor monsters.
-the surface would be mainly made out of sand, gravel and stone
-sometimes without breathable atmosphere => require terraforming
-would be a point of interest anyway, because more ores and similar stuff would be in the ground.
-no coal

2.)Lava Planet
no real place you want to live, but with an awful lot of resources
-mainly spawn near suns
-replace Nether (since Obsidian gets erased there won´t be any way to get there)
-surface out of cobblestone, netherrack (at least if it doesn´t get erased, too) and soul sand (same as netherrack, could be replaced by regular dirt)
-many vulcanoes
-large lava lakes
-as said above, iron, gold and redstone spawn very often in the ground, but no coal, naquadah or diamonds. Uranium is rare.
-normal mobs get replaced by the nether ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:42 pm

This reminds me of something I saw on a tv show or something, any way it was a planet with no spin, so one side was suck in a forever dark frozen wasteland, and the other side was stuck in a forever daylight desert wasteland, but in between the 2 side there was a twilight area that was suck in twilight, and that's where all the life is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
This reminds me of something I saw on a tv show or something, any way it was a planet with no spin, so one side was suck in a forever dark frozen wasteland, and the other side was stuck in a forever daylight desert wasteland, but in between the 2 side there was a twilight area that was suck in twilight, and that's where all the life is.

Might be a goo idea, too.
as well as ring-worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
This reminds me of something I saw on a tv show or something, any way it was a planet with no spin, so one side was suck in a forever dark frozen wasteland, and the other side was stuck in a forever daylight desert wasteland, but in between the 2 side there was a twilight area that was suck in twilight, and that's where all the life is.

Might be a goo idea, too.
as well as ring-worlds.

YOU BE STEALIN SHORES OF HAZERON! Oh, and Twilight Zone ring a bell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Larry niven came up with ring worlds, had a series dedicated to them.


although I think giant toroids of breathable gas with floaty trees and monkey people in them are more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

AngryCatholicMetalhead wrote:
Larry niven came up with ring worlds, had a series dedicated to them.


although I think giant toroids of breathable gas with floaty trees and monkey people in them are more interesting.

Monkey people? Are they Christians too?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Khmac wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
This reminds me of something I saw on a tv show or something, any way it was a planet with no spin, so one side was suck in a forever dark frozen wasteland, and the other side was stuck in a forever daylight desert wasteland, but in between the 2 side there was a twilight area that was suck in twilight, and that's where all the life is.

Might be a goo idea, too.
as well as ring-worlds.

YOU BE STEALIN SHORES OF HAZERON! Oh, and Twilight Zone ring a bell?

I´m not stealing ideas from whatever-shores-of-hazeron-is. I have never heard of it.
I got the idea from the wheel world of Argentium from StH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
This reminds me of something I saw on a tv show or something, any way it was a planet with no spin, so one side was suck in a forever dark frozen wasteland, and the other side was stuck in a forever daylight desert wasteland, but in between the 2 side there was a twilight area that was suck in twilight, and that's where all the life is.

Might be a goo idea, too.
as well as ring-worlds.

YOU BE STEALIN SHORES OF HAZERON! Oh, and Twilight Zone ring a bell?

I´m not stealing ideas from whatever-shores-of-hazeron-is. I have never heard of it.
I got the idea from the wheel world of Argentium from StH.

Meh, all we need now is Cool3033 then the trolling is complete
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:00 pm

OR IS IT???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm

AngryCatholicMetalhead wrote:
OR IS IT???

It is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:55 pm

scout37 wrote:
Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?

I'm not quite sure.
I would like every server to be a solar system, it makes more sense this way,
but I don't know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

scout37 wrote:
Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?
Yes, but there is also need for each server to have several planets.
Otherwise your resources would be limited.
You will still have a lot, but with the new mining equipment that might deplate quite fast, so after some time you will have to move your base (or at least your main mining facility) to another planet.
If each server only were able to create one planet you would have to conquer the other planet first, because it would be already inhabited.
That would result in an everyone v.s. everyone war leaving no place for diplomacy or trade. That´s a scenario we don´t want to happen.
Of course this effect would only start after a long time, but still...
I think it is better to prevent that scenario from the beginning than only reacting when its almost too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
scout37 wrote:
Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?

I'm not quite sure.
I would like every server to be a solar system, it makes more sense this way,
but I don't know

As of now, every server will be a Solar System
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
scout37 wrote:
Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?

I'm not quite sure.
I would like every server to be a solar system, it makes more sense this way,
but I don't know

As of now, every server will be a Solar System

Dont say that incase people believe you. The only way you can say that is if a dev says it.

But, if a dev DID say it, the hellz yeah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

scout37 wrote:
Khmac wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
scout37 wrote:
Except isnt the main focus of futurecraft SMP, so every server is a planet?

I'm not quite sure.
I would like every server to be a solar system, it makes more sense this way,
but I don't know

As of now, every server will be a Solar System

Dont say that incase people believe you. The only way you can say that is if a dev says it.

But, if a dev DID say it, the hellz yeah!

One did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: different kinds of planets   

Back to top Go down
 
different kinds of planets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» eyeglass tints - various kinds - anyone have success?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: