Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Empty
PostSubject: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 am

Because Mackeroth locked my old Thread before even giving me a possibility to answer I have to open this one

Jump Gates and Quantum Gates are different because Jump Gates let you jump ino Hyperspace
and quantum Gates simply end in an other place.
The Name Quantum Gates is based on the quantum Theory which says that some atomic reactions happen immediately (by sending out or absorbing an energy quant) so the Name Quantum Gate just tells that it happens without any time between it.

And Mackeroth I also wanted to speak about the energy rate so if you are still saying that quantum and Jump gates so let me discuss about the danged energy rate!

For example Is the energy Increasing over time or by the mass passing through?

AND I WONT CALL YOU MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. (because I respect Martin Luther King)

Last edited by Cool3306 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh, and jump gates take into hyper space, and then what do they do? take you to another place.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:21 am

scout37 wrote:
Oh, and jump gates take into hyper space, and then what do they do? take you to another place.

Well Hyperspace is (difficult to explain) an other dimension which is smaller than ours which means that you keep the same speed in Hyperspace but because the hyperspace is smaller you are crossing an bigger distance in the real world.

Simplified: The distance in Hyperspace is much smaller than normal but it is still an Distance

Quantum Gates remove all distance by creating an direct connection
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Yes, but you dont stay in hyper space forever. There is no significance that would be in-game. you are trying to avoid my question.

They do the exact same thing. It can't even be argued factually because they don't even exist in reality.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:49 pm

scout37 wrote:
Yes, but you dont stay in hyper space forever. There is no significance that would be in-game. you are trying to avoid my question.

They do the exact same thing. It can't even be argued factually because they don't even exist in reality.

Umm Which Question?

The point is quantum gates can be build in an atmosphere and have nodelay
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
scout37 wrote:

Well Hyperspace is (difficult to explain) an other dimension which is smaller than ours which means that you keep the same speed in Hyperspace but because the hyperspace is smaller you are crossing an bigger distance in the real world.

Simplified: The distance in Hyperspace is much smaller than normal but it is still an Distance

So the Nether works similar to hyperspace?
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
scout37 wrote:

Umm Which Question?

The point is quantum gates can be build in an atmosphere and have nodelay

The one you quoted before. And no, that is not the point according to your original post where you said that one puts you in hyperspace and the other puts you somewhere else.

This is not and idea, it is just trying to say that there should be copies of jump gates with diferent names. The reason the original thread was locked was that there was no point to it.

Accept the fact that jump gates are already going in, so there doesn't need to be any other things that do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Cool3306 wrote:
scout37 wrote:

So the Nether works similar to hyperspace?

Not really because the nether has an System which puts you to already existing portals in the near so you have to walk an great distance to get that Hyperspace effect.

Anyway what is if we are using Jump gates to travel between servers and Quantum Gates to travel inside of servers?
This is very practical because you can use the Hyperspace delay to build up the ship when you are jumping to another server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates   About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About Jump Gates and Quantum Gates
Page 1 of 1