Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Application for Modelling

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nick248

PostSubject: Application for Modelling   Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

I am a fairly good modeler for minecraft ( Using Techne) If you give me a picture or something to work off of, i can make a really accurate model.

IGN: nick248

Timezone: EST

Experience: No formal experience (for a mod) just trying to make things on my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 12:49 am

nick248 wrote:
I am a fairly good modeler for minecraft ( Using Techne) If you give me a picture or something to work off of, i can make a really accurate model.

Experience: No formal experience (for a mod) just trying to make things on my own.

I thought most models in minecraft are boxes Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 7:24 am

nick248 wrote:

Wait. A modeler?

Thank the Gods!

Bless the Creator!

Thank the Spirits!

Hallowed be the Ori!

etc.

Show us, from this description, what can you create? This is the Teir six ship core. Feel free to ask any questions. Don't do the animation unless you feel up to it, just give us a mock-up.

And finally, the mighty tier six: 100 hardware slots, half speed. The T6 core is a room, which links to 4 independent walls consisting of 25 hardware links each. It is going to be a door, leading to a small, innocuous room. When you go through the
door, you will find yourself in an infinite white room. And by infinite, I mean
all you can see is white, well, except the following:
In the whiteness, there is a giant floating orb that changes colour (I'm talking about dozens of blocks in diameter). Beneath it (about 2 times the diameter of the orb beneath) is a golden dome; made of pure Glowstone (It looks cool in my drawing). There will be a constant stream of particles going from
the dome to the orb, the particles from the dome will be yellow, the orb's will be whatever colour the orb is. Spinning slowly around the orb will be two large metal cones, (about the same length as the orb's diameter) that are constantly firing lightning bolts of into the orb. There will be a hemisphere attached to the back of each cone that changes colour according to the colour of the orb
(the colour of the hemisphere will be the colour the orb changes to next.) There will be a walkway that circles the dome that leads back to the door, hundreds of meters away. The door and walkway will be floating in mid air (or should I say mid white).

Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.

Spoiler:

Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am

If you are confused about what he wants a model of, dont worry. He gave me the same task the other day as a TEXTURE for a BLOCK. Basically, its going to be a building thats larger on the inside than the out. Someone made a sketch and put it on my texturing application.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the End story i posted on my application?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick248

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
nick248 wrote:

Wait. A modeler?

Thank the Gods!

Bless the Creator!

Thank the Spirits!

Hallowed be the Ori!

etc.

Show us, from this description, what can you create? This is the Teir six ship core. Feel free to ask any questions. Don't do the animation unless you feel up to it, just give us a mock-up.

And finally, the mighty tier six: 100 hardware slots, half speed. The T6 core is a room, which links to 4 independent walls consisting of 25 hardware links each. It is going to be a door, leading to a small, innocuous room. When you go through the
In the whiteness, there is a giant floating orb that changes colour (I'm talking about dozens of blocks in diameter). Beneath it (about 2 times the diameter of the orb beneath) is a golden dome; made of pure Glowstone (It looks cool in my drawing). There will be a constant stream of particles going from
the dome to the orb, the particles from the dome will be yellow, the orb's will be whatever colour the orb is. Spinning slowly around the orb will be two large metal cones, (about the same length as the orb's diameter) that are constantly firing lightning bolts of into the orb. There will be a hemisphere attached to the back of each cone that changes colour according to the colour of the orb
(the colour of the hemisphere will be the colour the orb changes to next.) There will be a walkway that circles the dome that leads back to the door, hundreds of meters away. The door and walkway will be floating in mid air (or should I say mid white).
affraid Can you give me something of a picture or just a rough sketch of what you want. That would be VERY helpful. This does seem very hard to make so don't completely rely on me for this until I see what I actually have to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 8:10 pm

nick248 wrote:
Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
nick248 wrote:

Wait. A modeler?

Thank the Gods!

Bless the Creator!

Thank the Spirits!

Hallowed be the Ori!

etc.

affraid Can you give me something of a picture or just a rough sketch of what you want. That would be VERY helpful. This does seem very hard to make so don't completely rely on me for this until I see what I actually have to do.
Here you go.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Still think its not quite right i was given the exact same task for texturing a block. Ah, well. Anyone know how to make a 4 dimensional object in a 3 dimensional game that is shown on a 2 dimmensional surface?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 pm

scout37 wrote:
Still think its not quite right i was given the exact same task for texturing a block. Ah, well. Anyone know how to make a 4 dimensional object in a 3 dimensional game that is shown on a 2 dimmensional surface?
You have to use the Dark Side to align the slipspace nodes. Otherwise it punches a hole in the fabric of space-time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Can you do something in the 5-d?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 10:21 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Can you do something in the 5-d?

I would but humans are unable to concieve an idea of the fith demension. I have my own dimensional theory which states an entity or being existng in its given dimension can visualize things in its dimension and those under it, but not any dimension above the one in its plane of existence, and a given being an percieve the idea of the dimension above it, but beyond that any thought of those dimensions are impossible.

In our case, as we live in the 3rd dimension, we can visualize matter in our dimension as well as the second dimension, and we are able to concieve the idea of the dimension above us. In our case, that would be the fourth dimension, which is time.

To have the ability to contemplate the facts of the fith dimension would mean that you are in a plane of existence above humans, living in the fourth dimension of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danice123
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Your skills would be so much more useful if you could also write the render code for your models. Just putting that out there

2012-04-24 18:17:59 [INFO] <Kobialka> i found the minecraft forum topic and i was like :O
2012-04-24 18:18:07 [INFO] <Cian259> Cool
2012-04-24 18:18:35 [INFO] <Cian259> I was looking for a space RP and found it, I atually jizzed my pants XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbcentral.com
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Tue May 29, 2012 11:22 pm

scout37 wrote:
To have the ability to contemplate the facts of the fith dimension would mean that you are in a plane of existence above humans, living in the fourth dimension of time.
You seem to be saying that only the Doctor can do it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick248

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks for the pic scout (and jedi). That helps a lot and I already have a plan on how im going to make it. I 'll start on just a draft tomarrow and post a picture of it on this thread to see if you like it. And Danice, I wish I could to but I am only at the beginning of learning java.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danice123
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 am

I say it because up to this moment I still have NO IDEA how to write any freakin render code. Its all some graphics mumbo-jumbo...

2012-04-24 18:17:59 [INFO] <Kobialka> i found the minecraft forum topic and i was like :O
2012-04-24 18:18:07 [INFO] <Cian259> Cool
2012-04-24 18:18:35 [INFO] <Cian259> I was looking for a space RP and found it, I atually jizzed my pants XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbcentral.com
nick248

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm

How about this for a rough draft.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 pm

It looks good, but i must ask. How is tha tsupposed to fit into minecraft, whitch can't even handle having a trapezoid apear in-game? I believe that the coding for minecraft literallly makes it impossibly to use anything non-linear. Infact, it takes turbomodelthingy to have other shapes, and the most it can give you is a cylynder.

I get a feeling Mac wasnt being entirely serious if he said to make a block texture of a model that's larger inside than out.

Still, good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Minecraft models are made from hard-coded OpenGL geometry primitives. It doesn't need to be rectangular.

And furthermore, there's no reason we have to do it that way. We could import a real mesh and and skeleton and textures and animation files and go to town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Would you have to code an entirely new program for that? or is there some already made (or LWJGL thing) that does it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 pm

LWJGL doesn't have one, but many of the model formats out there are open standard and just consist of 3d points with metadata, which is essentially what minecraft generates anyway to get it into an opengl readable format. I'm simplifying things, but it's not too terribly complicated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm

I think I understand... Thanks for explaining!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nick248

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Wed May 30, 2012 11:12 pm

So that means you can use things like Blender to make minecraft models, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Thu May 31, 2012 12:25 pm

That's what they plan(ed) on doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Yes, but i believe its a bit more of a task. I believe people have said that using techne is alot easier, as it is always designed for minecraft (at the cost of only given perpendicular sided quadrilaterals as the only shapes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

There was once a library someone wrote which would let you import obj models into the game, but I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm assuming it has not been maintained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 pm

I have no life, and school's out, What was it called?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Modelling   

Back to top Go down

Application for Modelling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next