Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Texturer Application

Go down 
+11
Laibach
Tiel+
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Potato
ACH0225
The Schmetterling
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
scout37
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Texturer Application - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:06 am

Backstory in minecraft ? Most ppl don't give a damn and keep building like us. This game is not a game that should have a story ...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:36 am

It's not a game that should have a backstory forced upon it. But if you happen to find hints of a greater truth buried in the ruins of a civilization forgotten by time, who are we to argue?

I think the endermen are fascinating, but right now they are being treated as yet another unintelligent mob. They could have such a greater presence to them.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:32 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It's not a game that should have a backstory forced upon it. But if you happen to find hints of a greater truth buried in the ruins of a civilization forgotten by time, who are we to argue?

I think the endermen are fascinating, but right now they are being treated as yet another unintelligent mob. They could have such a greater presence to them.

Indeed. Notch and Jeb sort of ruined the mystery and purpose of Minecraft, and its infinite-ness by putting in the End.

We need to make Endermen an integral part of the story. I don't know how, but we must.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:56 am

Caractacus Potts wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Indeed. Notch and Jeb sort of ruined the mystery and purpose of Minecraft, and its infinite-ness by putting in the End.

We need to make Endermen an integral part of the story. I don't know how, but we must.

Star conquering alien race ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:14 am

PancakePicnic wrote:
Caractacus Potts wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

No, more of a mysterious manifestation of a race of supreme Godlike beings, who have been observing you. Not only that, but we need to play with the concept of "the dream". Somehow, I find "the dream" more real than reality.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:38 am

Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
PancakePicnic wrote:
Caractacus Potts wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

No, more of a mysterious manifestation of a race of supreme Godlike beings, who have been observing you. Not only that, but we need to play with the concept of "the dream". Somehow, I find "the dream" more real than reality.

Maybe make a few star systems run off one of our own servers that have endermen ships and stuff and are ridiculously OP.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:59 am

No, have enderdrive somehow take you through the dream. I agree with Mac, the dream is more real than reality.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Keon wrote:
No, have enderdrive somehow take you through the dream. I agree with Mac, the dream is more real than reality.

OR IS IT!?!??!!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:02 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Keon wrote:

OWL IS IT!?!??!!
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:17 pm

IN order to give endermen a more integral part, apearing as a lost race who have evolved (or could they have devolved?) over the millenia being trapped on a mysterious asteroid made of an unkown substance, that has somehow become habitable. zPerhaps that is the key: Endstone. Endstone may be emitting low level radiation and unknown wavelengths, which have the ability not only to create a breathable atmosphere, but caused strange sideaffects in endermen due to their evolution on the Endstone. The wavelaengths that are emitted from endstone have caused the Endermen to gain the ability to travel through space time, allowing them to travel at FTL.

Thats it! COuld it be possible to make Endstone one of the key components in FTL drives? and also add smalle bodies of endstone that can be randomly generated and possibly visited during inter-server travel. These can contain remnants of Ender CIvilization, and ENder Artifacts leftover from when a massive meteor made of the mysterious endstone crashed into Planet End, causing massive chunks to be hurtles into space. at the time of the Big Bang. Somehow, some enders survived, and were able to live on these floating chunks. Overtime their bodies evolved. WHen they gained the ability to travel through spacetime, they began taking components that were once found on their home planet, in hopes of creating a device that could revitalize their lost civilization. Sadly, the semi-organic AI that was an organic part of their home world fused with the universe during the collison with the asteroid of endstone, nd the enders have been unable to create a link with it. Then came salvation. Though the enders have long forgotten this organic AI, whom they called S.T.E.V.E., the AI eventually created another plane of existence, where it could gain a sentient form and communicate with. However, the Enders lost their ability to communicate across space-time, while two of the greatest thinkers transcended their physical bodies and became the eternal enderdragon and were able to create a link with the universe, which they could communicate with. But this link had to be two way, and the way that S.T.E.V.E. created was in the form of a portal, formd upon the death of the dragon. The enderdragon, who was healed by the last remaining pieces of the Endermen's civilization, faught. When S.T.E.V.E. finally defeated it, and travelled through the portal, the link was made.

This is a VERY rougdraft of the tidal wave of imagination that swept through my mind.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:19 pm

The Enders ability to travel through space time is why they can appear in minecraft.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:35 am

So... any feedback?
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:20 pm

scout37 wrote:
Wall of text wuz here

Well, sir... ever thought of writing a book? I'll be your first buyer XD
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Actually, i have. And i started to.

It was going to be in a time after the Third World War, which decimated modern civilization, leaving rogue bands of warlords fighting over power with machinery salvaged from massive War Machines, and a dictatorial government rising to power. During the war, genetic tampering and nano technology was used by what was the United Nations to try and create genetically enhanced super soldiers via a synthesized, gaseous compound. However, several massive outer-atmosphere transport vessels were shot down by the opposition, sporadically scattering the compound across the planet. After the compund was no longer in its sirtight, steril gaschambers, pollutants from years of industrial production caused the compound to, ah, change. This change caused some... unexpected results. THis variation caused some individuals to have portions of the upperbrain shut down, and the Hypothalamus to take over. This resulted individuals with predatorial and beast like traits, efectively becoming nothing more than rabid animals. Animals with an enhanced intelligence. However, a very small portion of those contaminated with the variated strain went in the other direction. Their skeletal system to harden, reflexes became faster, they senses improved, and their immune system tripled in effectiveness. They gained the nickname prophets, due to their enhanced beings. Both these mutated humans and "Prophets" gained rapid cell-reproduction, causing incredibly fast healing. One of the main characters was going to be a "prophet", and the plot line was going to be about unraveling the mysteries circumstances about the rising totalitarian government, and their 'methods' of control, as well as expirementation. All leading up to a rebellion (or maybe escaping from the totalitarians and finding the resistance)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:20 pm

scout37 wrote:

It was in a time after the third World War that decimated modern civilization, leaving warlords and bands of scavengers grappling for control of the planet, aided by machinery recovered from aging vehicles of war, whilst in the background a totalitarian government was quickly gaining power itself.

During the war, the United Nations had dabbled in nanotechnology and genetics so as to create a better soldier, eventually developing a gaseous compound able to multiply the capabilities of the common infantryman several times over. This was stored and transported by massive orbital vessels that ostensibly were en route from the UN's research facilities to the front lines to parcel out the substance. However, midroute the opposition opted to shoot down the craft, scattering the compound into the upper atmosphere and carried throughout the Earth via the naturally occurring wind patterns. Released from its airtight, sterile environment, the chemical soon interacted with age old pollutants, mutating into a new form that could shut down critical portions of the human brain, making the victim but an animal with heightened intelligence and coherent thought.

However, a small portion of those contaminated experienced the exact reverse of the symptoms, becoming much more powerful humans and coined 'Prophets'. The main character was to be one of said prophets, and the plot line would revolve around unravelling dark secrets about the ascending dictatorship, likely leading up to a revolt or the protagonist fleeing to discover the 'resistance'.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Tiel wrote:
scout37 wrote:

It was in a time after the third World War that decimated modern civilization, leaving warlords and bands of scavengers grappling for control of the planet, aided by machinery recovered from aging vehicles of war, whilst in the background a totalitarian government was quickly gaining power itself.

During the war, the United Nations had dabbled in nanotechnology and genetics so as to create a better soldier, eventually developing a gaseous compound able to multiply the capabilities of the common infantryman several times over. This was stored and transported by massive orbital vessels that ostensibly were en route from the UN's research facilities to the front lines to parcel out the substance. However, midroute the opposition opted to shoot down the craft, scattering the compound into the upper atmosphere and carried throughout the Earth via the naturally occurring wind patterns. Released from its airtight, sterile environment, the chemical soon interacted with age old pollutants, mutating into a new form that could shut down critical portions of the human brain, making the victim but an animal with heightened intelligence and coherent thought.

However, a small portion of those contaminated experienced the exact reverse of the symptoms, becoming much more powerful humans and coined 'Prophets'. The main character was to be one of said prophets, and the plot line would revolve around unravelling dark secrets about the ascending dictatorship, likely leading up to a revolt or the protagonist fleeing to discover the 'resistance'.

Thank you for revising and editing my back story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Here are two possible icons for a Laser Rifle (note-icons are 16x16

Texturer Application - Page 2 9yAFB
Texturer Application - Page 2 MgZ0V

OR

Texturer Application - Page 2 CUjKX
Texturer Application - Page 2 GAaaV
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

scout37 wrote:
Here are two possible icons for a Laser Rifle (note-icons are 16x16

Texturer Application - Page 2 9yAFB
Texturer Application - Page 2 MgZ0V

OR

Texturer Application - Page 2 GAaaV

Re-upload the last two pics, I had the same problem earlier
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm

??? ok....

Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

scout37 wrote:
??? ok....

No, no, I mean the last two. They are the same as the first two
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Fenway already did rifles...
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Ok, but i looked at some of his textures and i couldn't tell if they are actually ment to be for minecraft. As a rule of thumb, its generally a bad idea to use textures rthat are dependent on other things such as optifine. I always make 16x16 textures.

Also, it was LJS who told me to try and make the laser rifle icon.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Fenway never had his rifle in the game, only a texture.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Ok... still, it was LJS who said i should try and make a laser texture. Now i've gotten into 32x32 textures. Also, what would be wrong with having another texturer? I dont think anyone would have sadin anything against another coder.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 am

scout37 wrote:
Ok... still, it was LJS who said i should try and make a laser texture. Now i've gotten into 32x32 textures. Also, what would be wrong with having another texturer? I dont think anyone would have sadin anything against another coder.

I agree with that. The textures do look pretty good, I would use more colour variation however, especially in the 32x32 texture-pack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Texturer Application - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texturer Application
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next