Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Texturer Application

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 pm

My application:

Position:
Texturer

Previous Experience:
I have developed textures for a Japanese Zero, a Russian T-34, a wo seated fighter plane for Flan's mod, dozens of weapon icons, an airfilter for a nuclear apocolypse mod, a block texture for garbage can, MRE textures, item textures for Ships&Boats

Screenshots:





When i can work: For the next several weeks i have State Testing and FInals, so my schedule will be very tight. I also do scouting and may be occupied during weekends. I am starting my eagl project so i will also have that. During July i will be going to Aviation Academy, 6 hours day, 4 days a week. I will still have time to work on textures.

My Sofware/Hardware: I am running on a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC Windows 7 Home premium, with an AMD Phenom II P650 ual core processor. for my texturing, I always use Gimp-2.0

UPDATE: a screenshot of the other plane and also a double barreled AA machinegun i made.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Neat textures. Do you have any experience with 32x32?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 5:01 pm

No, i havent done 32x32, but they im sure they cant be harder than making a texture for a plane, starting from scratch. In fact, i think i should start basing my textures off of 32pxls so i can add more detail, but still keep the mincraft feel. Im sure i can learn, because that Japanese Zero was the first texture i ever made. Even before the icon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm not sure about the vehicles, but the weapons look really good.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 5:10 pm

thank you. I do have a question, will the hand-held weapons in futurecraft just be the 2d icons, or could there be a specific 3-d model for each weapon. I know a guy who is working on a mod that does that, but he cant code., only model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 pm

I do like your vehicles, there isn't much you can really do for a tank though Razz Flans shape is odd, but I do like the planes and guns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 6:52 pm

scout37 wrote:
thank you. I do have a question, will the hand-held weapons in futurecraft just be the 2d icons, or could there be a specific 3-d model for each weapon. I know a guy who is working on a mod that does that, but he cant code., only model.

I would like to see 3D weapons, but if they're too hard, I understand.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 7:38 pm

That is another thing about this guy, he does 3-D modeling, we need someone to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 pm

hyperlite wrote:
That is another thing about this guy, he does 3-D modeling, we need someone to do that.

I apologize for confusing you, but i don't do 3-D modeling. I somehow banned the Techne Modeller IP from my computer using an anti-virus software that had been expired for over a week, and cant use java modeling.

What i said is that i know someone who can do 3-d modelling. On the MC Forums, his name is 3500L. He is the modeller from SHips&Boats, and he is working on a mod called "Armory of the Third Demension" in the WIP category, where he's made models for a player holding a crosbow, a pistol, and dual smg's last i saw. He's a great modeller.

He can make the models and i can do the textures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Also, if you want me to prove my worth, give me a new block you want me texture or something like that, something i can do somewhat quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 8:30 pm

scout37 wrote:
Also, if you want me to prove my worth, give me a new block you want me texture or something like that, something i can do somewhat quickly.

Tier 6 core block:


And finally, the mighty tier six: 100 hardware slots, half speed. The T6 core is a room, which links to 4 independent walls consisting of 25 hardware links each. It is going to be a door, leading to a small, innocuous room. When you go through the
door, you will find yourself in an infinite white room. And by infinite, I mean
all you can see is white, well, except the following:
In the whiteness, there is a giant floating orb that changes colour (I'm talking about dozens of blocks in diameter). Beneath it (about 2 times the diameter of the orb beneath) is a golden dome; made of pure Glowstone (It looks cool in my drawing). There will be a constant stream of particles going from
the dome to the orb, the particles from the dome will be yellow, the orb's will be whatever colour the orb is. Spinning slowly around the orb will be two large metal cones, (about the same length as the orb's diameter) that are constantly firing lightning bolts of into the orb. There will be a hemisphere attached to the back of each cone that changes colour according to the colour of the orb
(the colour of the hemisphere will be the colour the orb changes to next.) There will be a walkway that circles the dome that leads back to the door, hundreds of meters away. The door and walkway will be floating in mid air (or should I say mid white).

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Mac wrote:
scout37 wrote:
Also, if you want me to prove my worth, give me a new block you want me texture or something like that, something i can do somewhat quickly.

Tier 6 core block:


And finally, the mighty tier six: 100 hardware slots, half speed. The T6 core is a room, which links to 4 independent walls consisting of 25 hardware links each. It is going to be a door, leading to a small, innocuous room. When you go through the
door, you will find yourself in an infinite white room. And by infinite, I mean
all you can see is white, well, except the following:
In the whiteness, there is a giant floating orb that changes colour (I'm talking about dozens of blocks in diameter). Beneath it (about 2 times the diameter of the orb beneath) is a golden dome; made of pure Glowstone (It looks cool in my drawing). There will be a constant stream of particles going from
the dome to the orb, the particles from the dome will be yellow, the orb's will be whatever colour the orb is. Spinning slowly around the orb will be two large metal cones, (about the same length as the orb's diameter) that are constantly firing lightning bolts of into the orb. There will be a hemisphere attached to the back of each cone that changes colour according to the colour of the orb
(the colour of the hemisphere will be the colour the orb changes to next.) There will be a walkway that circles the dome that leads back to the door, hundreds of meters away. The door and walkway will be floating in mid air (or should I say mid white).

uhh...... is this a block, a dream, a sketch, or the Forerunner's ultimate tool that will complete restore their empire? Im confused...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 8:40 pm

I forgot to ask if you were describing purgatory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 9:15 pm

scout37 wrote:
I forgot to ask if you were describing purgatory.
Uhh... I have no idea. That doesn't sound like a block, Mack.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Jed wrote:
scout37 wrote:
I forgot to ask if you were describing purgatory.
Uhh... I have no idea. That doesn't sound like a block, Mack.

its not mack anymore,remember? its Mac. And ithink i may need to consult an elder scroll to figure this one ut.. now where did i put that damned thing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sat May 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I think Mackeroth needs to get his sketchings, for we do not understand his wordings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 20
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I think Mackeroth needs to get his sketchings, for we do not understand his wordings.
I don't ever understand him. Mackeroth even is disguised to be liek me! KhMAC... you see!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 9:57 am



Use that.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 11:02 am

I don't think spheres work in minecraft. Try using something like the spinning things in the End
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 12:37 pm

This was a big discussion a while back. From a tech tree standpoint, ship cores are the primary component that defines what can and can't be part of the ship. They have a physical form but it's probably better to think of them as a gaming abstraction. The most powerful ones actually warp the fabric of space, and have a pocket dimension inside of them. This works via rule of cool more than anything.

I do like the spinning cubes from the end idea. Maybe FTL is derived from endermen technology...

Maybe endermen themselves are the remnants of an ancient civilization who themselves ventured through the black abyss, and never quite made it back.
Now they just wander the stars, gathering materials for a half-remembered ship that was once meant to take them back home, though they have long since forgotten what home that might be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm

And that explains why the End is gone!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Keon wrote:


Use that.

Ummm... im not quite sure how to texture a block to be a Tardis....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 292
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 5:31 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
This was a big discussion a while back. From a tech tree standpoint, ship cores are the primary component that defines what can and can't be part of the ship. They have a physical form but it's probably better to think of them as a gaming abstraction. The most powerful ones actually warp the fabric of space, and have a pocket dimension inside of them. This works via rule of cool more than anything.

I do like the spinning cubes from the end idea. Maybe FTL is derived from endermen technology...

Maybe endermen themselves are the remnants of an ancient civilization who themselves ventured through the black abyss, and never quite made it back.
Now they just wander the stars, gathering materials for a half-remembered ship that was once meant to take them back home, though they have long since forgotten what home that might be.

Hoolly cow! you actuyally did it! you've discovered why you ARE the universe! Just like the prophets say after slaying the legendary Ender Dragon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I would like to enrich the Endermen story, I found it the most interesting and mysterious part of Minecraft.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   Sun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Caractacus Potts wrote:
I would like to enrich the Endermen story, I found it the most interesting and mysterious part of Minecraft.

But then they added the End, which greatly dissapointed many. I at least hoped for some backstory after defeating the dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Texturer Application   

Back to top Go down
 
Texturer Application
Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Calling application's js file inside selenium
» Selenium WebDriver + GWT Application
» How to test single page application (java) with selenium
» How can we automate Ajax based application using selenium.
» Msiexec.exe is not a valid win32 application

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Modding Team Applications-
Jump to: