Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Ha. The whole Progenitor-Disciple combo works to a similar degree of effectiveness with the Ravastras an Vas Carrier.

I'm totally using the Carrier a whole lot more. Repair Cloud is my new waifu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Pat Best wrote:
It's like all three Vasari players are out to get me specifically even though it's a free-for-all.

I think it's time to distribute a nice, healthy dose of PAIN.

Ok, you up for a 3v1? Razz

About the only thing I've decided on so far is that I won't be playing TEC anytime soon...I still want to try out the rebel Vasari and the Advent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
It's like all three Vasari players are out to get me specifically even though it's a free-for-all.

I think it's time to distribute a nice, healthy dose of PAIN.

Ok, you up for a 3v1? Razz

About the only thing I've decided on so far is that I won't be playing TEC anytime soon...I still want to try out the rebel Vasari and the Advent.

Yeah, my culture has spread throughout pretty much the entire galaxy right now so basically I own everything, I also have a level 9 Titan which alone can take out the combined forces of the enemy and a fleet of my own, might as well call it a win.


...wait 3vMe?

I created a channel on the Ironclad online chat area called Futurecraft and I'm chilling in it while waiting for supper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
It's like all three Vasari players are out to get me specifically even though it's a free-for-all.

I think it's time to distribute a nice, healthy dose of PAIN.

Ok, you up for a 3v1? Razz

About the only thing I've decided on so far is that I won't be playing TEC anytime soon...I still want to try out the rebel Vasari and the Advent.

Yeah, my culture has spread throughout pretty much the entire galaxy right now so basically I own everything, I also have a level 9 Titan which alone can take out the combined forces of the enemy and a fleet of my own, might as well call it a win.


...wait 3vMe?

I created a channel on the Ironclad online chat area called Futurecraft and I'm chilling in it while waiting for supper.

Well so am I now that I'm home...ready when you are I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Should I get Trinity or Rebellion?

I don't have an account so:

Which do you play most?
Which is better?
Is Rebellion worth the extra moneys?
If I get rebellion as "Pre-Order" I can still play the Beta, right?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Keon wrote:
Should I get Trinity or Rebellion?

I don't have an account so:

Which do you play most? Pat and Avenger seem to be in love with it, though the rest of our little 'gang' doesn't have it.
Which is better? Rebellion by a long run. Graphics optimizations, new tech, new ships, new gameplay. Really, you have to consider that you might as well get the latest and greatest when you have the money.
Is Rebellion worth the extra moneys? 20$ more? I'd say hell yes, but Pat/Avenger might say otherwise.
If I get rebellion as "Pre-Order" I can still play the Beta, right? You get a message in your email inbox giving a beta key for downloading Reb. Beta from Steam after pre-ordering. So..yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 1:57 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Keon wrote:
Should I get Trinity or Rebellion?

I don't have an account so:

Which do you play most? Pat and Avenger seem to be in love with it, though the rest of our little 'gang' doesn't have it.
Which is better? Rebellion by a long run. Graphics optimizations, new tech, new ships, new gameplay. Really, you have to consider that you might as well get the latest and greatest when you have the money.
Is Rebellion worth the extra moneys? 20$ more? I'd say hell yes, but Pat/Avenger might say otherwise.
If I get rebellion as "Pre-Order" I can still play the Beta, right? You get a message in your email inbox giving a beta key for downloading Reb. Beta from Steam after pre-ordering. So..yeah.

Well it's pretty safe to say once Rebellion is released, no one will be playing Trinity anymore. Rebellion is the same, but with new toys, and improved old ones. Is it worth the extra moneys for a few new toys and graphics updates? I'd say yes. The new ships, the improved graphics and effects and new game elements really make it fun and diverse.

Avenger just watched my Eradica go Godmode and wipe out two combined enemy armadas by itself. That's something you'll never see in Trinity. However we played poorly and both AIs were Vasari ( for some reason all AIs seem to be Vasari now ) which are OP so we lost, and as three enemy fleets closed in on my capital world, I used Wail of the Sacrifice and destroyed them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 am

BTW how do you play those Vasari ? When I play them I mute the sound - can't stand their voices ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 am

Iv121 wrote:
BTW how do you play those Vasari ? When I play them I mute the sound - can't stand their voices ...

It helps if you have a similar voice...part of the reason I'm the only Vas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am

So I can't play with most of you if I get Rebellion, right? Or is there a way to play Trinity from inside Rebellion?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 11:02 am

Well. First buy Trinity for 20 bucks, then use your cd key on that to buy Rebellion for 30. 50 bucks for both games, 10$ more then just getting rebellion. That's what I'm doing, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Avenger just watched my Eradica go Godmode and wipe out two combined enemy armadas by itself. That's something you'll never see in Trinity. However we played poorly and both AIs were Vasari ( for some reason all AIs seem to be Vasari now ) which are OP so we lost, and as three enemy fleets closed in on my capital world, I used Wail of the Sacrifice and destroyed them all.

Ugh, don't remind me. It didn't help that we were in an asteroid belt, and Loyalist Vasari get a bonus for having an all Vasari team.

Me: Hey game, can I have some crystal?
Sins: LOL Nope.
Me: Then can I have some planets rich in crystal to strip, at least?
Sins: Naw, I'll have your only planet give you 750 if you strip it.
Me: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, I think you should just pre-order Rebellion. You get the beta via Steam to play until the game comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Yeah, but no one other than you and pat actually have Rebellion. CMA, me, Jedi, Shiva, and Kobialka have Trinity.


Also, since mostly everyone has or is getting a legit copy of Trinity soon, can we switch to hamachi with the stupid 5 person limit to some sort of similar chat program without the tunneling function or the arbitrary amount of people? That way we can all be on and be able to organize matches and such with little hassle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Yeah, but no one other than you and pat actually have Rebellion. CMA, me, Jedi, Shiva, and Kobialka have Trinity.


Also, since mostly everyone has or is getting a legit copy of Trinity soon, can we switch to hamachi with the stupid 5 person limit to some sort of similar chat program without the tunneling function or the arbitrary amount of people? That way we can all be on and be able to organize matches and such with little hassle.
Little hassle? May I remind you that even with only 5 people we've never gotten everyone together once. It's been weeks since we've played at all.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Which means with 4 more there'll be 5 people playing at a time, which alienates whomever isn't on at the time.

I'm just saying there's no need for the tunneling function if everyone's legal, and the 5 person limit prevents it from being used as a chat client instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Avenger just watched my Eradica go Godmode and wipe out two combined enemy armadas by itself. That's something you'll never see in Trinity. However we played poorly and both AIs were Vasari ( for some reason all AIs seem to be Vasari now ) which are OP so we lost, and as three enemy fleets closed in on my capital world, I used Wail of the Sacrifice and destroyed them all.

Ugh, don't remind me. It didn't help that we were in an asteroid belt, and Loyalist Vasari get a bonus for having an all Vasari team.

Me: Hey game, can I have some crystal?
Sins: LOL Nope.
Me: Then can I have some planets rich in crystal to strip, at least?
Sins: Naw, I'll have your only planet give you 750 if you strip it.
Me: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, I think you should just pre-order Rebellion. You get the beta via Steam to play until the game comes out.

Yeah the map also favored them, they had more planets and could set up better trade routes whereas we had a bunch of uncolonizeable bullcrap and some asteroids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Fri May 18, 2012 10:57 pm

The awesomeness has landed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 am

I got Sins Trinity. Anybody want a punching bag or something, and to possibly give me advice?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 1:59 am

...I really like Advent synergy. The more different ships you pile on, the stronger it gets.

My Progenitor Motherships were inflicting all ships with Malice, spreading all damage received to other ships by 30%.

Then the Discord Battleships came in and applied Fracture, reducing their armor.
Once Fracture was applied, they each used their psychic wail to deal 500 damage each, spread 30% to other ships thanks to malice ( 500 damage to each ship plus 150 to other ships )

Then came the Titan with Chastic Burst, inflicting 1000 damage to all ships, plus 300 to other ships once again thanks to Malice.

Fleets were wiped out in seconds.


Oh, also. I sent my lone level 2 Titan to the now superbuffed pirate base, which had not only its regular defense force but several pirate raids which had returned from their designated targets.
Normally this would be suicide.

Until I activated Wail of the Sacrificed from the Desert planet I had right next to the pirate base. Every last pirate ship was wiped out and my Titan immediately jumped to level 5, making me the strongest military power in the system since everyone else who had a Titan at that point in time was still at level 1.
Cost me all of my resources for the next 5 minutes to recolonize and re-upgrade that desert planet after though, but totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 am

Keon wrote:
I got Sins Trinity. Anybody want a punching bag or something, and to possibly give me advice?
I will, later today. I'm free starting in about 7 hours. I'm not sure how we'll coordinate, though, since you're not on Hamachi.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 11:51 am

I have hamachi, just tell me the hamachi group and I will join. Or can we use Ironclad Online or whatever?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 11:54 am

You guys both have legal copies, so ICO would be more streamlined to work with. I'm (hopefully) buying Trinity later today, so I was kinda hoping it could be a 1v1v1 on a 5 planet solar system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
You guys both have legal copies, so ICO would be more streamlined to work with. I'm (hopefully) buying Trinity later today, so I was kinda hoping it could be a 1v1v1 on a 5 planet solar system.

You mean 1v1v1v1, yes?

I promise I won't try to destroy you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 pm

A 6 planet system, then.

My idea was to have them like this-

hofffo
fff\/
o-O-o
fff/\
hofffo

Where 'o's are planets, 'O' is the sun, and the '/'s are phaselanes.

Each person would have one terran planet to start on, but there are two on either side of the sun (where I predict most battles will take place) which can be colonized for extra resources and income. But there are only two, one will be an ice planet, one will be a lava world.

I say small CQC map because 1) We've never done something like it, and 2) This computer will likely roll over and die if it gets much bigger, like the normal maps we used to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
A 6 planet system, then.

My idea was to have them like this-

hofffo
fff\/
o-O-o
fff/\
hofffo

Where 'o's are planets, 'O' is the sun, and the '/'s are phaselanes.

Each person would have one terran planet to start on, but there are two on either side of the sun (where I predict most battles will take place) which can be colonized for extra resources and income. But there are only two, one will be an ice planet, one will be a lava world.

I say small CQC map because 1) We've never done something like it, and 2) This computer will likely roll over and die if it gets much bigger, like the normal maps we used to play.

Hmmm challenging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   

Back to top Go down
 
Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Choose the solar power system depending on your needs.
» Pier Solar HD Wii U Has Been Pushed Back Until March 2014.
» Watermelon Studios Aims For A January 2nd Release of Pier Solar: HD For The Wii U eshop!
» To Get Instant LIVE TRAFFICE…..Add Me alax@chase-empire.com
» Review: Pier Solar: And The Great Architects HD (Wii U eshop)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: