Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+19
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Potato
Commander Error
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Red Fang
Shiva
Danice123
GLaDOS
Laibach
Last_Jedi_Standing
hiloser12221
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 am

1- Advent or TEC all the way. I know their strengths and weaknesses well.

2- I'm also somewhere between medium and good. Especially if we're playing on Trinity (which is my copy), when I've got more tactical options to choose from.

3- I've not yet been able to play a PvP game on SOASE, due to my former computer's lack of an Internet connection and my having to back the game up on my laptop... and subsequent disinterest in playing (it comes in cycles, and right now I really feel like playing)

4- My computer is a laptop, and my new one will be too, but my new one will be fairly badassed, so... yeah.

Additionally, I looooove the Advent battleship's superbeam weapon. As much as I love the Kol's MAC, in fact...

Also... can we do a Hamachi game?
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:22 am

Shiva wrote:

2- I'm also somewhere between medium and good. Especially if we're playing on Trinity (which is my copy), when I've got more tactical options to choose from.

3- I've not yet been able to play a PvP game on SOASE, due to my former computer's lack of an Internet connection and my having to back the game up on my laptop... and subsequent disinterest in playing (it comes in cycles, and right now I really feel like playing)

4- My computer is a laptop, and my new one will be too, but my new one will be fairly badassed, so... yeah.

Additionally, I looooove the Advent battleship's superbeam weapon. As much as I love the Kol's MAC, in fact...

We don't need Hamachi for it...? Unless there's something I don't know about Hamachi ( this is very likely, I just use it to connect to my minecraft server ).

I love that beam weapon as well, the Radiance Battleship is my favorite ship of them all, I like having, at a maximum sized fleet, at least 8 of them leading the charge.

You can use the Iconus Guardian's telekinetic field ability to push all the enemy ships into one big bunch and fire 2-3 Cleansing Brilliances in it and watch them all burn.

So, how bout a game this weekend?

I have Trinity but it seems Tiel is currently limited only to the original Sins, and also playing from his laptop.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 am

Heeeell yeeeeeh guess who got Sins Rebellion beta access!?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 am

Mad
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:35 am

I'm gathering the resources to build a titan ship right now instead of sleeping.

I might as well sleep, let the game go, and come back tomorrow to finally be able to build it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 am

Oh and the details on ships and things... I feel like I'm about to see Isaac Clarke start running on top of my capital ship factory firing at necromorphs any time now.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am

dammit I want that game

also i literally do that, I like having really slow games, slowest everything, massive systems with massively long phase things

leave it on all night or when I go somewhere(which is extremely rare)
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:

We don't need Hamachi for it...? Unless there's something I don't know about Hamachi ( this is very likely, I just use it to connect to my minecraft server ).

I love that beam weapon as well, the Radiance Battleship is my favorite ship of them all, I like having, at a maximum sized fleet, at least 8 of them leading the charge.

You can use the Iconus Guardian's telekinetic field ability to push all the enemy ships into one big bunch and fire 2-3 Cleansing Brilliances in it and watch them all burn.

I have Trinity but it seems Tiel is currently limited only to the original Sins, and also playing from his laptop.

As in my computer doesn't like to play nice with Ironclad Online for some stupid reason... A Hamachi network game, however, works.

A game this weekend sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Shiva wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:

As in my computer doesn't like to play nice with Ironclad Online for some stupid reason... A Hamachi network game, however, works.

A game this weekend sounds great!

You'll have to guide me through the steps on how to get Sins to play with Hamachi
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

set up hamachi, then play a LAN game like normal
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:30 pm

That's painfully simple.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:31 pm

pretty much, hamachi just makes artificial LANs over the internet

unless there's something you have to do in sins for it to work
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 pm

coalminingalchemist wrote:
pretty much, hamachi just makes artificial LANs over the internet

unless there's something you have to do in sins for it to work

Dunno, sounds like it would work fine.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 pm

probably
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 pm

What Coal said. PM me your Hamachi stuff and I'll get a network set up.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I picked up a copy of Trinity from a garage sale today (SCORE!) but, of course, the CD key's no good. To my knowledge I could still use the game over a hamachi network, yes?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes you could. Couldn't you just use the CD-key from your original copy, however? it should still be good.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I have vanilla Sins I got from eBay 2 years back. That works online, but I doubt the key would work for Trinity or the associated expansions.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm

I just checked my email, there was a Rebellion one in there offering beta access if I pre ordered it. Watched the gameplay, holy crap. Boarding enemy frigates? Graphical overhaul? STEAM SUPPORT!? Hot damn!
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Hmm. Well, we have Hamachi, at any rate. This'll be fun!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm

First off, I hope you didn't pay that CD key very much because Trinity is already only priced at 20$ when bought brand spankin' new.

Second, I don't think it would work since the keys themselves get registered to your Gamestop and Stardock account themsevles, like a WoW account is bound to your Battle.net account.

So unless he also gave you his Stardock account with it, I doubt it will work.

And yeah, Tiel, the graphics overhaul is amazing.

Corvettes are incredibly fun to watch fly around and the space battles are so much more amazing.

I feel like recording a video to show you guys.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Poor bandwidth, and my local store doesn't carry a ton of computer games. At any rate I can still play with it through Hamachi.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Pm me your Hamachi info and I'll set the network up.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:19 pm

We doing it tonight? (kinky.)
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Shiva wrote:
Pm me your Hamachi info and I'll set the network up.

What part of my info do you need exactly, my understanding is that you set up a network, give us the network name and password, then we connect to it?

Quote :
We doing it tonight? (kinky.)

Well I'm at work right now and when I get home ( about 1:30 AM ), I'm almost sure the biggest thought on my mind will be to sleep. Not to mention that you guys don't seem to be online at that time usually. Past 10 o'clock I can't use these forums as a distraction anymore since I hardly get any replies.

Now, even assuming everyone was awake and ready to play at that time, including me, I'd probably be mentally diminished and my playing would suffer from numerous judgement errors, inattention errors and I would keep forgetting what it is I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next