Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 4:31 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Maybe FCE could ship cargos of stuff to servers that are new, and as they progress, we get rid of protection on the cargo ships, making the servers need to protect them, then we stop sending supplies, so they have to invade other planets and mine asteroids to keep ship production up and repair ships. Just an idea.

Not a bad one. I was thinking that the shipments wouldn't arrive from anyone in particular, just arrive.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Oh, I see. Then the Futurecraft Empire could be the one sending these shipments, giving them some degree of latitude as far as moderating is concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Oh, I see. Then the Futurecraft Empire could be the one sending these shipments, giving them some degree of latitude as far as moderating is concerned.
Ooh, yes. If you're good, you get shiploads of metal and circuits and weapons. If you're bad, you get cobblestone and wooden tools.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happyman
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-05-12
Age : 19
Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah but that would lead to pandering and accusations of favoritism, plus I wanna be able to take a run at ruling the galaxy and if suddenly my supplier sees me as a source of rivalry an cuts off my supplies, my empire would cease to exist. Besides in futuristic times I'm almost positive they would have nano tech that would render supplies ineffective as you could order the nanites to gather them for you or to even become the material you need. Maybe something else besides supply dealer is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Happyman wrote:
Yeah but that would lead to pandering and accusations of favoritism, plus I wanna be able to take a run at ruling the galaxy and if suddenly my supplier sees me as a source of rivalry an cuts off my supplies, my empire would cease to exist. Besides in futuristic times I'm almost positive they would have nano tech that would render supplies ineffective as you could order the nanites to gather them for you or to even become the material you need. Maybe something else besides supply dealer is better.
You dislike my ideas!? BAH! No more metal for you!

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Happyman wrote:
Yeah but that would lead to pandering and accusations of favoritism, plus I wanna be able to take a run at ruling the galaxy and if suddenly my supplier sees me as a source of rivalry an cuts off my supplies, my empire would cease to exist. Besides in futuristic times I'm almost positive they would have nano tech that would render supplies ineffective as you could order the nanites to gather them for you or to even become the material you need. Maybe something else besides supply dealer is better.
You dislike my ideas!? BAH! No more metal for you!
^ Exactly why you are NOT going to be on the Intergalactic Thingy-Ma-Bob-Er-Thing Council-Ish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Khmac wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Happyman wrote:
Yeah but that would lead to pandering and accusations of favoritism, plus I wanna be able to take a run at ruling the galaxy and if suddenly my supplier sees me as a source of rivalry an cuts off my supplies, my empire would cease to exist. Besides in futuristic times I'm almost positive they would have nano tech that would render supplies ineffective as you could order the nanites to gather them for you or to even become the material you need. Maybe something else besides supply dealer is better.
You dislike my ideas!? BAH! No more metal for you!
^ Exactly why you are NOT going to be on the Intergalactic Thingy-Ma-Bob-Er-Thing Council-Ish

You do not have that authority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Mon May 21, 2012 6:52 pm

OR DOES HE???


I think moderation should be pretty loose, and let whatever system set up by itself

unless of course the internet rears its ugly head, then use the first of a series of backups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laibach
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2012-01-23
Age : 66
Location : Frozen Fields

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

^this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragoonPreston
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 24
Location : Hiding in my mind

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 am

IntolerantCatholicFanatic wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

^this

^this x 2. This is kind of how ive been hoping this entire thing would turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happyman
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-05-12
Age : 19
Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 8:11 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

That's great and all but I think we should focus on the moderation issue here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 938
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : in my office designing new ships

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 11:38 am

Happyman wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

That's great and all but I think we should focus on the moderation issue here.

Well it isn't much of a issue because there is no galaxy to moderate...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

I was thinking like Shores of Hazeron. If you make plastic with bad oil you get bad plastic. If you do it with GOOD oil, you get GOOD plastic. You get good oil by using good refining plants and stuff. I was hoping for it to be like this. (Unlike Steve with his flawless diamonds...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happyman
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-05-12
Age : 19
Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

That's great and all but I think we should focus on the moderation issue here.

Well it isn't much of a issue because there is no galaxy to moderate...
And when its here will we be ready? Or will tyranny reign, so a coalition must be formed? Or shall peace talks prevent this before it eva' happens?
I hope we get to kill stuff. /derp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Wed May 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Happyman wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

That's great and all but I think we should focus on the moderation issue here.

Well it isn't much of a issue because there is no galaxy to moderate...
And when its here will we be ready? Or will tyranny reign, so a coalition must be formed? Or shall peace talks prevent this before it eva' happens?
I hope we get to kill stuff. /derp

There will be people... (AKA Mackeroth and LJS)who say, "F#%$ off peace makers, feel the d#*$!^ wraith of my M.A.C. Cannon!"

-EDIT-

Hah! Take that moderators I edited mai message :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 4:50 am

Khmac wrote:
Happyman wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Regarding resources I mentioned it a little on the other forum how I thought it should work. Basic resources are easy to obtain, but the challenge comes from refining and manufacturing, which will require large structures and specialized skillsets to make top-notch equipment and materials. This would make it more like buildcraft or industrialcraft with a more RPG-like mechanic.

I think it would be really cool if we could get it elaborate enough that there is an actual learning curve to getting into manufacturing rather than just a forced game mechanic. Manufacturers would be treated with the same kind of respect and awe as redstone architects are in vanilla Minecraft.

That's great and all but I think we should focus on the moderation issue here.

Well it isn't much of a issue because there is no galaxy to moderate...
And when its here will we be ready? Or will tyranny reign, so a coalition must be formed? Or shall peace talks prevent this before it eva' happens?
I hope we get to kill stuff. /derp

There will be people... (AKA Mackeroth and LJS)who say, "F#%$ off peace makers, feel the d#*$!^ wraith of my M.A.C. Cannon!"

-EDIT-

Hah! Take that moderators I edited mai message :3

What does d#*$!^ stand for?

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 10:04 am

Narwhal.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry


Posts : 714
Join date : 2012-01-31
Location : Saturday is awesome.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 am

Keon Skyfire wrote:
Narwhal.
Duh D#*$!^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 am

Okay, redirecting this before it gets too dumb.
Had a thought last night. I wonder if we could do something with territory to make building safer? Maybe not for everywhere, but maybe certain special pvp systems.
If you've ever played Control Points in Team Fortress 2, that's basically what I am getting at. Most of the time there will only be one piece of territory which can be contested, and you have to take them over in-order to get deeper into enemy territory, where ideally the fighting becomes more fierce. If we did that, the homeworlds, or whatever you call them, would be pretty well defended and so people would be more interested in investing time into building. It's not a perfect fix but I think it has potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 18
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 11:54 am

thought about this problem a few weeks ago. didnt metion anything cuz i didnt want to make the Devs cry. Sad
Frostbyte. /you are gonna make the other Devs cry. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-03-11
Age : 19
Location : In my cloaked battle cruiser above Fiji.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Kobialka wrote:
thought about this problem a few weeks ago. didnt metion anything cuz i didnt want to make the Devs cry. Sad
Frostbyte. /you are gonna make the other Devs cry. Sad

Wouldn't it be /cry (Insert Name of ONE Dev or type All) (Amount of time crying in years)

-Edit-


WHOOOO! I ranked up! Marine now! Hell Yeah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 4:28 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Okay, redirecting this before it gets too dumb.
Had a thought last night. I wonder if we could do something with territory to make building safer? Maybe not for everywhere, but maybe certain special pvp systems.
If you've ever played Control Points in Team Fortress 2, that's basically what I am getting at. Most of the time there will only be one piece of territory which can be contested, and you have to take them over in-order to get deeper into enemy territory, where ideally the fighting becomes more fierce. If we did that, the homeworlds, or whatever you call them, would be pretty well defended and so people would be more interested in investing time into building. It's not a perfect fix but I think it has potential.

Maybe those could be the few non server planets. A server take its memory load to gain access to it for a limited time, so they can build ships in peace, then when it is up, they have to leave, and then another server uses it, but a server can't have one after the other, and only the planet is safe from attack, not the orbital areas. Then you could also add saboteurs(Maybe), and random times once a week(The amount of time the server would have the planet would be a week) the planet is unprotected for an hour, maybe, making orbital defences a necesity. Just some stuff I thought of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Thu May 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Kobialka wrote:
thought about this problem a few weeks ago. didnt metion anything cuz i didnt want to make the Devs cry. Sad
Frostbyte. /you are gonna make the other Devs cry. Sad
I make myself cry whenever I look at the Futurecraft todo list. pale

ACH0225 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Okay, redirecting this before it gets too dumb.
Had a thought last night. I wonder if we could do something with territory to make building safer? Maybe not for everywhere, but maybe certain special pvp systems.
If you've ever played Control Points in Team Fortress 2, that's basically what I am getting at. Most of the time there will only be one piece of territory which can be contested, and you have to take them over in-order to get deeper into enemy territory, where ideally the fighting becomes more fierce. If we did that, the homeworlds, or whatever you call them, would be pretty well defended and so people would be more interested in investing time into building. It's not a perfect fix but I think it has potential.

Maybe those could be the few non server planets. A server take its memory load to gain access to it for a limited time, so they can build ships in peace, then when it is up, they have to leave, and then another server uses it, but a server can't have one after the other, and only the planet is safe from attack, not the orbital areas. Then you could also add saboteurs(Maybe), and random times once a week(The amount of time the server would have the planet would be a week) the planet is unprotected for an hour, maybe, making orbital defences a necesity. Just some stuff I thought of.
I think you may be using a different definition of 'server' than what I am thinking of. A server is just a program running on a machine somewhere which only ever simulates a single planet, or a region of space. Do you mean a guild/corporation/clan? And I guess they have some sort of timeshare arrangement with a certain planet? Not sure I'm following.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Fri May 25, 2012 8:43 pm

There are non server based planets, which are basically giant shipyards. A server can gain control of the planet by taking its entire RAM, CPU, ect, load. The server would get the planet for, say, a week, and after that they have to clear out for the new server that is hosting it. Here's an example. Server A wants to build an Assualt Ship, so in addition to hosting their regular planet, they host planet B, a non server world that servers can rent and is protected. Server A takes the computing and wireless internet load of planet B for a week. After that, Server C takes planet B.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   

Back to top Go down
 
Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» What are the basic requirements for using Selenium IDE?
» Whats the use of Find button in selenium ide
» Purpose of this forum and some other things.
» Ua Nyuj Dab
» Remove "For Testing Purposes Only" On The Windows 7 Desktop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: