Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f

Go down 
+6
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
ACH0225
Keon
fr0stbyte124
Potato
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Blue dragons are valorous and powerful and kind and awesome. Black dragons squish you in their fist.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Keon wrote:
Blue dragons are valorous and powerful and kind and awesome. Black dragons squish you in their fist.

I would say something about owls.... but anywho, once the DEV's finish Copernicus and all that stuff, they will be up to their necks in coders who can do basic stuff, enough that there might be one coder per 20 things, probably less.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:27 am

If we're doing this properly, content creation won't involve touching the code directly. Models, for instance could be done with a 3d program or Techne, and code can be done either with scripts like lua, or actual java code, and the whole thing can be packaged and loaded onto clients in realtime while the game is running. There's a technique in Java called reflection, used by Modloader and a few other mods, which essentially lets you run code via text strings, so you don't have to know the class definition at compile time. You could, for instance, put an entire AI behavioral tree into an xml file, along with the syntax for interfacing it with the world, and upload a new mob behavior live to a game.

That, in turn, would give us a lot of flexibility as to what kind of content we can add to the game, even customizing it server-to-server in a much more powerful way than a scripting-only solution like bukkit could provide.

That's what I had in mind for handling content, anyway. It would be complicated to set up the first time, but it's nowhere near the difficulty of some of the other things going into this mod.

Last edited by fr0stbyte124 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:12 pm

I see. I lied, I don't get it at all. But the important thing is YOU and the other DEVs get it, so you can do it while I reap the very fun playable rewards.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:14 am

I've not been able to verify that the other devs get it, either. I'm pretty poor at explaining things for people who don't already know what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:41 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I've not been able to verify that the other devs get it, either. I'm pretty poor at explaining things for people who don't already know what I am talking about.
From the few conversations I have had with you, I would say you are very good at explaining things.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:31 am

Keon wrote:

Subtle reference to the dragon classes in Warcraft? Blue dragons were the mystical, magical ones, while black dragons where the enemy of... well.. everyone.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:32 am

I think my life is over. I know what kind of dragons they have in Warcraft.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:33 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

I have the same problem at school. Then people complain because I refuse to help them with their work.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:48 am

Simply :
Spoiler:
for them Razz (Ripp off of this:
Spoiler:
)
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:59 am

Nice sig, Iv.

I get most of your posts. AND I THINK YOU ARE GOING TOO FAR!

Okay, once that's done.

Server hosting and stuff.

I like the idea of no updates. However, the server and client need to update at the same time, or else they will crash if we add a new block, item, or entity.

Thus I think this is somewhat inadvisable. However, if we want to go the whole 9001 yards, we should eliminate the master server, or minimize the role. Say we do this:

Every server is a planet plus phase lanes. The server knows the IPs of the servers next to it by phase lane. When you reach the end of a phase lane, you connect as a ship to the other worldserver. Then the Overlord server goes down. Futurecraft can go on, we just can't do updates.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Keon wrote:
Nice sig, Iv.

If you make accent on wrong points (I know the b**** wasn't a good word. The sentence from the famous YouTube video fits well the situation ,but if you start getting angry on each word people say even if they didn't mean that at all you won't be able to read posts on the internet. If you really feel the need you can write something extremely rude right here , I won't give a s*** though ... ) you won't be able to see the message. After all I didn't want to use those words but the famous vid itself. Being hypocrite is much worse...

Besides you know I never come to humilate anyone. Even if I see one of those terrible designs I simply don't say anything and I never come and say "Nice, but I am better!"

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Nice sig, Iv.

If you make accent on wrong points (I know the b**** wasn't a good word. The sentence from the famous YouTube video fits well the situation ,but if you start getting angry on each word people say even if they didn't mean that at all you won't be able to read posts on the internet. If you really feel the need you can write something extremely rude right here , I won't give a s*** though ... ) you won't be able to see the message. After all I didn't want to use those words but the famous vid itself. Being hypocrite is much worse...

Besides you know I never come to humilate anyone. Even if I see one of those terrible designs I simply don't say anything and I never come and say "Nice, but I am better!"

What?

If you mean the capslock, that was for emphasis and might be confusing. If it isn't that, I don't know what. The "I get most of posts" was at frost, not you.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Keon wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Nice sig, Iv.

I don't have even the faintest idea what when on in this exchange.

What?

If you mean the capslock, that was for emphasis and might be confusing. If it isn't that, I don't know what. The "I get most of posts" was at frost, not you.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:18 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Keon wrote:
?
Well, crap. My words didn't make it. What I was saying was:

I don't have even the faintest idea what's going on in this exchange.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

Anyway, the hosting server would be responsible for making sure that the client was running the same version and has all the same content as the server when the player first logs on or enters the new server. I'd like to look into setting up regional servers on volunteer machines which would help take the brunt of the weight off the primary server. They would stay synchronized between one another and handle data upload to planetary servers. I'm not positive how this works, but I could read up on it. Starting out at least this won't be a big issue.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Can I be a coder or not?!
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:22 pm

No. You've shown no credentials.

We have enough people already who don't know what they should be doing.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:28 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Credentials?! Of what? I know what I should be doing, that is recoding the obsidian into crystal.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Khmac wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Credentials?! Of what? I know what I should be doing, that is recoding the obsidian into crystal.
That looks like it's just a texture change, and like he said, they don't need that.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Khmac wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

That looks like it's just a texture change, and like he said, they don't need that.
It's not, but fine. I guess I'm not needed or wanted.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Keep learning to code, when we get to the stage where we need content, we could use all the help we could get.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:39 pm

I realy want to know why we aren´t releasing St00f even if we cant use ships and Space and whatever ann release with ore,Tools,Guns and a few other things would be great
and it would boost the balance development for the starting phase extremely
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
I realy want to know why we aren´t releasing St00f even if we cant use ships and Space and whatever ann release with ore,Tools,Guns and a few other things would be great
and it would boost the balance development for the starting phase extremely

Because a lot of that either is controlled by Copernicus or was ectrimbles job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f   Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ore Generation, Bars, and St00f
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next