Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

That new guy with the ships.

Go down 
+6
Avenger_7
Commander Kobialka
Tiel+
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Razortooth
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Razortooth

That new guy with the ships. Empty
PostSubject: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:33 am

Hello. I've known about this mod/forum for a while, but never found any point in joining in. Then I got bored and made some ships.

First one has no name at this time, but is a carrier of sorts. My computer also cannot handle the higher render distances, so it's a bit chopped up.
Spoiler:

With the carrier are its fighters and a shuttle.
Spoiler:

The last one is a major work in progress, and is the Arista
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:13 am

Much to learn in the way of the builder, you have.

Your interior designs look epic, I would like to see more. Don't forget secondary colours though, using just one colour for your whole hull doesn't look good.

The sizes are pretty impressive, but you need more variation with the actual hull itself: they are just too big and bland.

Also, don't build with wool or stone. Use iron, the gem blocks, glowstone, netherrack/brick, glass, and obsidian, but never wool or stone.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:59 am

Don't give a damn about materials and rules just BUILD THE HELL OUTTA THEM !!! (Blocks can be always replaced to others in MCedit...)

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Much to learn in the way of the builder, I have.

His ships look good, they have that something special in them that we can all watch and learn from them to improve our own designs. The exterior was more distinguishing in my opinion. The 3rd ship's exterior wasn't as good in my opinion, the prev 2 were better.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:21 am

Iv121 wrote:
Don't give a damn about materials and rules just BUILD THE HELL OUTTA THEM !!! (Blocks can be always replaced to others in MCedit...)

Lord Mackeroth wrote:

His ships look good, they have that something special in them that we can all watch and learn from them to improve our own designs. The exterior was more distinguishing in my opinion. The 3rd ship's exterior wasn't as good in my opinion, the prev 2 were better.

Sorry. I thought I deleted that sentence....

Anyway, his ships do look good, I'm saying there is room for improvement.

And you have to admit, this flying aircraft carrier is cooler than his:

That new guy with the ships. Avengers
That new guy with the ships. Helicarrier-deck-02

I think I'm going to build a carrier of my own...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:05 am

Irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:10 am

That's my line...

Irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:38 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Much to learn in the way of the builder, you have.

Your interior designs look epic, I would like to see more. Don't forget secondary colours though, using just one colour for your whole hull doesn't look good.

The sizes are pretty impressive, but you need more variation with the actual hull itself: they are just too big and bland.

Also, don't build with wool or stone. Use iron, the gem blocks, glowstone, netherrack/brick, glass, and obsidian, but never wool or stone.

BUT THEY ARE AMAZING! yor ships are great dude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:40 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Lord Mackeroth wrote:

Sorry. I thought I deleted that sentence....

Anyway, his ships do look good, I'm saying there is room for improvement.

And you have to admit, this flying aircraft carrier is cooler than his:

That new guy with the ships. Avengers
That new guy with the ships. Helicarrier-deck-02

I think I'm going to build a carrier of my own...

AVENGERS CRAP

That new guy with the ships. Do-Not-Want
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Kobialka wrote:

AVENGERS CRAP

That new guy with the ships. Do-Not-Want

Agreed, if you want to build a carrier you should make a Protoss one from the original StarCraft, like so:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:

Agreed, if you want to build a carrier you should make a Protoss one from the original StarCraft, like so:

Spoiler:

Sc2's carrier is way better. Just look.

That new guy with the ships. Carrier_SC2_Cncpt1
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Spoiler:

Sc2's carrier is way better. Just look.

That new guy with the ships. Carrier_SC2_Cncpt1

Although I agree that is far more awesome, that's only the concept image. I'm talking about in-game design. Carriers in SC2 are more like the little blue ones in the bottom right hand corner. Mad props to anyone who can make an accurate recreation of that concept in Minecraft, though I hope you enjoy your basement because you won't be spending much time anywhere else.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razortooth

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:24 am

Thank you for the advise. I prefer to think the wool as "paint," but for practical matters using metal is probably better than wool. I think I might scrap the Arista, it will look really strange when done now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I really like your carrier, and I think the Arista's bow looks great. However, I think the carrier looks more like a boat than a spaceship (an amazing boat). How do you launch your fighters?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:09 am

To clarify my opinion:

For a new-comer, your ships are great. For a professional, you need more work. I like your interiors, from what I can tell. Just add more detail. Always more detail. Have a look at any of Pat's ships and you will see what I mean. (None of my recent ships are on here, I'll post some pictures when my internet comes back).
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:43 am

you don't have internet? then how do you respond?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:40 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
you don't have internet? then how do you respond?
He thinks about his posts, and they appear.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 1:00 pm

i see.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That new guy with the ships.   That new guy with the ships. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That new guy with the ships.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: