Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

How will shields work?

Go down 
+15
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
bsb23
Grand Imperial Thunder
Laserbilly
fr0stbyte124
Cheatmaster
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Tiel+
Pat Best
Laibach
Joel
Captain stufuzzycat
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

How will shields work? Empty
PostSubject: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

So I was thinking about how torpedoes and boarding craft would work, when I realized that a lot of it will depend on how shields will work. Because if they are like the ones in Warhammer 40K ( Big fan) then solid objects will pass right through them. But if they work like the ones in Star Wars Battlefront, where they are like a second skin almost, then you would have to kill the shields first. I'm just wondering how they are planned to work.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Very good question, I too was wondering about how shields would work. Perhaps there should be multiple kinds of shields and different shapes of shields.

Last edited by Vinyl Scratch on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

T-100000 PONYDETH ACTIVATE

DETHCYCLE(szBRONY, wPLASMA)

FATAL ERROR-> 0x1220f3

T == NULL

CRASH LOG #240

back in reality, I would like to know this too
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Shields in warhammer 40k do not block solid objects?

...bring some mac cannons and victory is yours.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I think missiles/torpedoes should bypass shields to give some sort of reason to use them. Ships would have to raise specialized ray shields to block large projectiles, but these would be expensive so could only be deployed in vital areas.

Alternatively, Shields could be prohibitively expensive but block everything, but again only cover a certain area so have to be used to defend only the most important parts of a ship. Missiles and Torpedoes would seek out undefended sections, making armor vital as well.

And shouldn't this be in Idea Center?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:36 pm

It was a question, I think?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Shouldnt this be in the idea center? And are you listening to christian music again, CMA?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Pat Best wrote:

They are relatively far away from the ship so slow-moving objects like torpedoes pass right through.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:45 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
This is my reply. Enjoy it.

Its the best reply ever. lol!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Please don't do this.

And yes, this probably should be in the idea section. I see no problem with leaving it here, but if you guys want I'll move it. I seem to be doing that a lot now.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Our will is your command.

How will shields work? Tumblr_lk4g7lKQFm1qfcqfdo1_500
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Beat you.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Keon wrote:
Beat you.
@#$%.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

They are relatively far away from the ship so slow-moving objects like torpedos pass right through.

Torpedos are slow ???? cyclops cyclops cyclops
U mad bro?

However missiles and Torpedos wouldnt make sense if they wouldnt pass the shields because an explosion in Space is harmless
Whats about giving the shields an net structure which expondentially slows/absorbs objects which try to pass it?
This would explain the passing throught the shields because Torpedos/missiles kinda rip the net structure of the shield

What are you thinking about an stasis field?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

They are relatively far away from the ship so slow-moving objects like torpedos pass right through.

Torpedos are slow ???? cyclops cyclops cyclops
U mad bro?

However missiles and Torpedos wouldnt make sense if they wouldnt pass the shields because an explosion in Space is harmless
Whats about giving the shields an net structure which expondentially slows/absorbs objects which try to pass it?
This would explain the passing throught the shields because Torpedos/missiles kinda rip the net structure of the shield

What are you thinking about an stasis field?

Relatively slow.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Please don't do this.

And yes, this probably should be in the idea section. I see no problem with leaving it here, but if you guys want I'll move it. I seem to be doing that a lot now.

Last Jedi, you have my permission to ban Vinyl Scratch if you think it will shut him up.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Against. call a ban conference.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

I go away for a day and come back to find a thousand posts by this vinyl pony guy! Where did he come from?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
I go away for a day and come back to find a thousand posts by this vinyl pony guy! Where did he come from?
moon? pony land? Russia? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:37 pm

How will shields work? Hell
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
How will shields work? Hell

Et quid quod supponitur ad intelliguntur, Tiel. Inferos? Quia si quod est in causa, tu fere macula in. Latina est terrbile. O bene. Tantus labor non e latino. Ad Russian! Ах. Гораздо лучше.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:42 pm

I vote ban he has posted nothing of any importance so far and I strongly dislike most Russians. And to make I sure I don't do the same thing I think nothing should pass through a shield unless it had permission from the captain or some kind of shield disrupter.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:51 pm

bsb23 wrote:
I vote ban he has posted nothing of any importance so far and I strongly dislike most Russians. And to make I sure I don't do the same thing I think nothing should pass through a shield unless it had permission from the captain or some kind of shield disrupter.

One, I'm not Russian. Two, I can and may have made valid points. Three, I am quite capable of making a valid point. Four, writing in English, translating to Russian, then copy and pasting to my post is getting annoying so I probably won't use another language anymore.

Last edited by Vinyl Scratch on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:51 pm

bsb23 wrote:

You will not vote. The dev will.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Keon wrote:
bsb23 wrote:

You will not vote. The dev will.

just messing around calm down I think its pretty safe to assume there are very few Russians who are bronies. I could care less who gets banned its just fun to mess with people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will shields work?   How will shields work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will shields work?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next