Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LZ Ravanger

Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks. Empty
PostSubject: Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.   Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I saw a few posts on making water something that needs transport and space detector blocks. So why not use a new form of data values.

For space blocks its really easy. Air blocks have a finite starting value. In a ship in space they decrease at a constant rate. At 0 it becomes like old cobwebs. You start to suffocate. The space blocks refill in atmosphere or using oxygen tanks. Overpressurized blocks can hold oxygen and break when powered. The new space blocks have high oxygen value and diffuse to other blocks. I think I'm forgetting something but thats what edits are for. Oh right, when the hull is breached, the space dedector blocks can shut the doors by checking the oxygen value. And with the same texture I'm sure that a oxygen value change is easier then changing the whole block id.

Crops, same concept. When they grow, decrease the value of the water. If flowing blocks are the source, trace back and decrease the sorce. If this works then apply it to reactors too. Now its intense. Reactors boil water if they get too high temp. Now water is a huge resource. For transportation, either ice (possibly melt) and water coolers (they are 20% cooler).

HP idea, just think a bit, its like a blast resistance value or is that value. HP of blocks helps the ship live and if a single block hits 0 it OS destroyed.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.   Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:25 pm

I love this idea. So basically finite water and air, plus if you damage part of a space ship, it will remain damaged and the break marks from mining wouldn't disappear until you picked up the block, or used a wrench.
Back to top Go down
LZ Ravanger

PostSubject: Re: Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.   Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:39 pm

tonyri wrote:
I love this idea. So basically finite water and air, plus if you damage part of a space ship, it will remain damaged and the break marks from mining wouldn't disappear until you picked up the block, or used a wrench.

Success. One happy feeling is great especially from fluttershy. I didn't think of HP as the break marks but maybe that could work. But I think that that texture is clientside so it would need to be made serverside. New ideas coming, mostly fixing other topics here but this data value idea is a fix for most of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.   Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra Data Values for HP, finite water, and space blocks.
Page 1 of 1