Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Political opinions

Go down 
+15
Potato
Commander Kobialka
Dux Tell31
Laibach
superninjakiwi
Hierarch Fenway
Grand Imperial Thunder
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Danice123
Keon
hyperlite
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Political opinions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:
I admit I don't know that. But how do you know that god created it and not Mackeroth or whatever he claims happened.

As above, faith. I don't pretend to have any solid proof I'm right, but its what I believe.

Good, that I accept.
Yeah. This is is what makes it depressing. Logic cannot change belief. I do not believe in any deity; no amount of arguing will change that. CMA does believe in a deity; no amount of arguing will change that.

I disagree. LOGICALLY I know there must be a deity of some sort. I BELIEVE that it is the deity from the bible.

Again, second law of thermodynamics.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:
I admit I don't know that. But how do you know that god created it and not Mackeroth or whatever he claims happened.

As above, faith. I don't pretend to have any solid proof I'm right, but its what I believe.

Good, that I accept.
Yeah. This is is what makes it depressing. Logic cannot change belief. I do not believe in any deity; no amount of arguing will change that. CMA does believe in a deity; no amount of arguing will change that.

I disagree. LOGICALLY I know there must be a deity of some sort. I BELIEVE that it is the deity from the bible.

Again, second law of thermodynamics.
I'm afraid I don't understand what thermodynamics has to do with this discussion.

That may be, but it's not my point. My point is that We are incapable of changing each other's minds, so arguing about it, although potentially amusing, is an exercise in futility.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Second Law of Thermodynamics:
A law stating that mechanical work can be derived from a body only when that body interacts with another at a lower temperature; any spontaneous process results in an increase of entropy

Entropy:
The concept of entropy is that nature tends from order to disorder.

Basically if the laws of nature apply from the beginning of time (THE BASIS OF EVOLUTION) everything must be getting more and more disordered.

Basically disproves evolution.

Example:

You have an organism with one gene. To evolve, it would need to have two genes. But genes are ORGANIZED PARTICLES. Order cannot come from disorder by itself. It cannot spontaneously grow a new gene, as that would be a DECREASE in entropy.

Thus something must have created this order. Thus a deity. (Or alien race that planted us, that theory could come from this conclusion just as easily).
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Danice123 wrote:
A law stating that mechanical work can be derived from a body only when that body interacts with another at a lower temperature; any spontaneous process results in an increase of entropy

Entropy:

Basically if the laws of nature apply from the beginning of time (THE BASIS OF EVOLUTION) everything must be getting more and more disordered.

Example:

You have an organism with one gene. To evolve, it would need to have two genes. But genes are ORGANIZED PARTICLES. Order cannot come from disorder by itself. It cannot spontaneously grow a new gene, as that would be a DECREASE in entropy.

Thus something must have created this order. Thus a deity. (Or alien race that planted us, that theory could come from this conclusion just as easily).
Be that as it may, there's a huge difference between this and disproving evolution. Natural selection and all the other stuff would still apply, even if this works the way you say it does.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Danice123 wrote:

Entropy:

Example:

Where does that energy come from? Disorder in other places. To create those genes as a mutation requires energy, which is eaten from the ground, and produces heat and disorder. Entropy.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm

My God, coincidentally we were arguing about this in 8th period, but you guys take it to a whole new level. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
My God, coincidentally we were arguing about this in 8th period, but you guys take it to a whole new level. Shocked
That is the goal, you know. That's always the goal.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:51 pm

But the priiiiize.

Though my political opinion is that religion should be separate from politics, yes? So why is this here?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
But the priiiiize.

Though my political opinion is that religion should be separate from politics, yes? So why is this here?
I dunno. It just happened. This is as good a place for it as any. I could change the title to just 'Opinions' if that would be better.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Hmm.

Changing a Dev's thread's name.

Heavy Risk. But the Priiize..

Political opinions - Page 5 2mgujyr
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Hmm.

Changing a Dev's thread's name.

Heavy Risk. But the Priiize..
This is hyperlite's thread.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:45 pm

he's not a dev -_-
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Be that as it may, there's a huge difference between this and disproving evolution. Natural selection and all the other stuff would still apply, even if this works the way you say it does.

But I agree with natural selection. But it only works with genes that were already available. No new genes are created. Each creature adapts within its species to its natural surroundings. Gotta give God some credit here, he knew what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Keon wrote:

Where does that energy come from? Disorder in other places. To create those genes as a mutation requires energy, which is eaten from the ground, and produces heat and disorder. Entropy.

Actually, if my understanding of the second law is correct, the energy comes from more ordered places, not disorder. And mutations have never been seen to create new anything, they just mess up whats already there.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Keon wrote:

If my understanding of evolution is correct, the energy comes from radiation, which alters the genes slightly with random things, like the ability to synthesise a flammable spray, and whichever changes work get passed on.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:

Actually, if my understanding of the second law is correct, the energy comes from more ordered places, not disorder. And mutations have never been seen to create new anything, they just mess up whats already there.
Just moments ago, you said you agreed with natural selection. How can you reconcile that with this statement?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:30 pm

... confusion... why are we even doing this? stupid politics/opinions.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:33 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
... confusion... why are we even doing this? stupid politics/opinions.

I don't know.

The interesting thing is, most of us can't vote.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:34 pm

My nation doesn't have elections. I am stuck here for life. If I do wrong, im not impeached, I am beheaded. Very good incentive.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:35 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
My nation doesn't have elections. I am stuck here for life. If I do wrong, im not impeached, I am beheaded. Very good incentive.

How does one become a citizen of your nation?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Keon wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

How does one become a citizen of your nation?
You kill one of the old citizens and steal his identity.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Birth, or political adoption by member of government,
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:

Just moments ago, you said you agreed with natural selection. How can you reconcile that with this statement?

Natural Selection works by choosing from a set amount of genes (that already exist) the best one for protecting the animal. So by using natural selection information is lost. Genes for unused traits are left behind. But no new information is gained.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:11 am

From politics to social ideals to religion and then genetics ? Politics are complicated Shocked .
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:33 am

Human politics are so strange!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political opinions   Political opinions - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Political opinions
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: