Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Moderator Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 11:38 am

Who, in the middle of the day, do you call when chaos breaks out!? Why, the Tiel of course!

Well, while I don't have as many merits as Jedi, I have experience running a forum and have been an admin on a grand total of three servers. I'm also on for the majority of the day, so as noted above if any spambot dares attack while everyone's offline, I'll be here. When unruly posts start popping up in the middle of the day, I'll be here. When a massive argument erupts in the Offtopic section, I'll be here.

Again, as above. I have experience in this type of thing, and have never once abused my power unfairly. I always try to mediate situations before taking any action, and in fact during situations on my second server I'd typically recieve a ton of flak from frustrated players before I reached an ultimatum (which was in no way affected by insults from either party) I'm a firm believer in fair judgement and restraint.

More recently, in this community I've contributed a significantly large amount of posts, at one point being the third overall poster in this forum. And these are thoughtful posts, mind you, I've made no more than 20 in the 'First Word that comes to your head' thread. So I'm an active member as well. Have I gotten into my fair share of arguments? Yes. But I don't go out of my way to annoy people, nor intentionally try to instigate any disputes. I'm mature and have a healthy sense of humor, perhaps in some's opinions a too lively one.

Finally, I hope you consider my application. I'm not perfect, and I apologize for any altercations that may have occurred. I can understand if you don't particularly need any mods right now, but I'm on most of the time, and I'm trying to learn a bit of Java myself, and in addition I have many ideas for the mod.

My name is Tiel, and I approve this message What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 11:51 am

I agree. But then again, I got here before you, yet you have more posts than me... How does that work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-04-30
Location : Well... Here

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 12:24 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I agree. But then again, I got here before you, yet you have more posts than me... How does that work?

He posted in total 300 topics(you too Ach0025)which means he did 5 posts per topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm

You only applied because LJS pulled this off, it might work twice, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

hyperlite wrote:
You only applied because LJS pulled this off, it might work twice, but I doubt it.
While I feel obliged to support this because it's exactly what I did, hyperlite does have a point. Tiel is OK, but if there's a flood of these, they either you have to reject people or start having moderators for the moderators. We have those (Super Moderators), but eventually you'll need more of those, so you'll promote someone, and then...

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm

I like Tiel, but we have enough moderators already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

hyperlite wrote:
You only applied because LJS pulled this off, it might work twice, but I doubt it.

Ask Shiva. I applied for the moderator group over a month ago. After LJS got mod'd I figured now was the time to put forward a formal application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I remember that, but you did exactly what I said. Only made this because of LJS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Uh, no. What you say insinuates I did this just because Jedi did, my post clearly states that wasn't the case, LJS's modship was but part of the reason, not all of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Oh dear, I'm causing trouble already...

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 7:57 pm

I can almost agree.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danice123
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 607
Join date : 2012-01-06
Age : 24
Location : The Dankins

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Unfortunately, if we start accepting everyone who applies and has been here a while it might get problematic. Not that I'm saying that Tiel isn't a good candidate for being a mod, its just that if half of the forum is moderators it might get a little chaotic. I'm a little apprehensive about LJS's promotion (No offense) because of said reasons, but with Shiva only here every once and a while, a regular lurker is probably a good addition to the team. Actually a good idea would be to differentiate the developers and the mods themselves, with devs having a more limited area of control, thus less responsibility to take care of the forums and more time (hopefully) to work on the actual mod. That is of course, only if they are willing to give up some privileges. Thus the ban hammer could be more equally wielded as there would be less people behind it.

_________________
How did YOU find futurecraft?

2012-04-24 18:17:59 [INFO] <Kobialka> i found the minecraft forum topic and i was like :O
2012-04-24 18:18:07 [INFO] <Cian259> Cool
2012-04-24 18:18:35 [INFO] <Cian259> I was looking for a space RP and found it, I atually jizzed my pants XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbcentral.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Unfortunately, if we start accepting everyone who applies and has been here a while it might get problematic. Not that I'm saying that Tiel isn't a good candidate for being a mod, its just that if half of the forum is moderators it might get a little chaotic. I'm a little apprehensive about LJS's promotion (No offense) because of said reasons, but with Shiva only here every once and a while, a regular lurker is probably a good addition to the team. Actually a good idea would be to differentiate the developers and the mods themselves, with devs having a more limited area of control, thus less responsibility to take care of the forums and more time (hopefully) to work on the actual mod. That is of course, only if they are willing to give up some privileges. Thus the ban hammer could be more equally wielded as there would be less people behind it.

I want mod editing. I like the shiny buttons.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Unfortunately, if we start accepting everyone who applies and has been here a while it might get problematic. Not that I'm saying that Tiel isn't a good candidate for being a mod, its just that if half of the forum is moderators it might get a little chaotic. I'm a little apprehensive about LJS's promotion (No offense) because of said reasons, but with Shiva only here every once and a while, a regular lurker is probably a good addition to the team. Actually a good idea would be to differentiate the developers and the mods themselves, with devs having a more limited area of control, thus less responsibility to take care of the forums and more time (hopefully) to work on the actual mod. That is of course, only if they are willing to give up some privileges. Thus the ban hammer could be more equally wielded as there would be less people behind it.

Maybe have an election of sorts every other month, and then the commoners will be happy because of the false sense of having a hand in the controlling forces of this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 9:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Unfortunately, if we start accepting everyone who applies and has been here a while it might get problematic. Not that I'm saying that Tiel isn't a good candidate for being a mod, its just that if half of the forum is moderators it might get a little chaotic. I'm a little apprehensive about LJS's promotion (No offense) because of said reasons, but with Shiva only here every once and a while, a regular lurker is probably a good addition to the team. Actually a good idea would be to differentiate the developers and the mods themselves, with devs having a more limited area of control, thus less responsibility to take care of the forums and more time (hopefully) to work on the actual mod. That is of course, only if they are willing to give up some privileges. Thus the ban hammer could be more equally wielded as there would be less people behind it.

Maybe have an election of sorts every other month, and then the commoners will be happy because of the false sense of having a hand in the controlling forces of this forum.
Yeah, but the rank creep still applies. If enough people become moderators, there will need to be more super moderators to moderate them. And eventually there will be enough super moderators that there will need to be some ultra moderators to moderate them. And so on. Granted, this is a bit far in the future to be based off one other person applying for permission. Maybe the solution is to have the mods remove all trace of these topics, promote Tiel, and then forbid people to ever speak of it again.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danice123
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 607
Join date : 2012-01-06
Age : 24
Location : The Dankins

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm

It can be "The-Topic-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

_________________
How did YOU find futurecraft?

2012-04-24 18:17:59 [INFO] <Kobialka> i found the minecraft forum topic and i was like :O
2012-04-24 18:18:07 [INFO] <Cian259> Cool
2012-04-24 18:18:35 [INFO] <Cian259> I was looking for a space RP and found it, I atually jizzed my pants XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wbcentral.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 pm

See, I just made a forum in under an hour. That totally makes me qualified!11!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 744
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 20
Location : Your ship, stealin all ur cargoes

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 pm

indeed.
yes, i won't let this die either, if only to have MY name across all the forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Wont work. I think mods should be elected every other month by existing DEVS and mods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 744
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 20
Location : Your ship, stealin all ur cargoes

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 pm

don't care. only want my name everywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Wed May 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Post on topic then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 744
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 20
Location : Your ship, stealin all ur cargoes

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Thu May 10, 2012 11:31 am

-_- fiiiiine.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Rescinded.

No need for another mod when Jedi has learned..


The Way of the Lurker


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Thu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Rescinded.

No need for another mod when Jedi has learned..


The Way of the Lurker


...?

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 744
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 20
Location : Your ship, stealin all ur cargoes

PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 pm

way of the lurker?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Moderator Application   

Back to top Go down
 
Moderator Application
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Calling application's js file inside selenium
» Selenium WebDriver + GWT Application
» How to test single page application (java) with selenium
» How can we automate Ajax based application using selenium.
» Msiexec.exe is not a valid win32 application

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Modding Team Applications-
Jump to: