Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Civilization tiers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kitsuna77

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:29 pm

per-say a civilization had to create new things to advance to the next tier.

Tier 1. (Discovery)

You get this tier when you start the game.

To advance to the next tier.
you must:

Build a village (designate a village with a stick or something)
Build wooden tools
Obtain cobblestone
Discover fire

Tier 2. (Stone)

you must:

create a farm
Improve village with stone buildings
Create stone tools
Mine Iron
Build a furnace (Note. smelting iron from here to pre-industrial will only make iron ingots not steel)

Tier 3. (Medieval)

You now unlock the ability to:
designate forts

you must:

Designate a fort (with a permit or something)
create leather and iron armor.
Mine Gold
create a bow, crossbow, and iron weapons and tools.
Create catapults (or something else)

Tier 4. (Pre-Industrial) (note. getting close to modern times)

forge steel
designate a capital
add more forts and towns

you must:
make steel tools and weapons
invent gunpowder (Ohhh)
designate a capital city (with a gold book or something else)
invent a telescope

Tier 5. (Industrial era)

create steam ships
create a nation
mine diamond
mine redstone

you must:

invent the steam engine
create one steam ship
invent the gun (note. it is the musket)
invent canons
invent electricity
invent the electric light-bulb

Tier 6. (Age of Great Destruction)

drill for and collect oil
invent the diesel and gasoline engine
invent the tank (WW1)
invent the plane (WW1)
invent bullets
invent other guns (WW1)
invent TNT ( Trinitrotoluene)
designate more countries

you must:

invent the diesel and gasoline engine
invent the plane
invent TNT ( Trinitrotoluene)
invent bullets
make diamond tools

Tier 7. (Second Age of Great Destruction)

invent synthetic fuels
mine uranium

you must:
(improve the:
plane
tank
guns ships)
invent the Atomic bomb (Note. no one said you have to use it)
invent synthetic fuels
improve the plane again (Jet)
invent missiles
invent bombs

Tier 8. ( Technological Era) (Note. modern times)

mine (stuff to make futuristic spacecraft)
create computers (both limited and advanced)
make carbon nano-fibers

you must:

invent the computer
mine ((((Stuff not sure what it is yet))))
create an orbital elevator
create a spaceship

Tier 9. (Spaccceee) (Note. hey is that Nyan cat)

i will let the developers do what ever they want to in this tier.

Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Aw cmon! Not another BIGP!
Back to top Go down
kitsuna77

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:

BIGP ??????
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I know you put alot of time into that post, but we're not starting in the stone age, not for this mod. Its called Future Craft for a reason. It's going to start in a futuristic era of technology and advance from there.

I also don't think we'll be doing a 'tier' system for civilization as it will be a SMP focused game designed to be setup as a mini-mmo. Tiers of development don't work in that style of game play as it leads to large imbalances that cannot be over come easily.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:22 pm

kitsuna77 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

BIGP ??????

Bad Idea Generator Person.

We got a few of them around here, including you, no offence.

They make badly thought out ideas that are also poorly spelled and have horrible grammer. The suggestions they make also usually don't even relate to what the mod is as well, very annoying.

I hate to just talk like there idiots, but tbh, their ideas are idiotic 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
kitsuna77

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
kitsuna77 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

BIGP ??????

They make badly thought out ideas that are also poorly spelled and have horrible grammer. The suggestions they make also usually don't even relate to what the mod is as well, very annoying.

I hate to just talk like there idiots, but tbh, their ideas are idiotic 99% of the time.

Pardon but I am a very civilized person. It was just an idea. I don't think I've seen a mod for Minecraft that has a tier system. It dose not matter to me if it gets implemented or not.
And For the record i have good grammar skills.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:00 pm

kitsuna77 wrote:

Pardon but I am a very civilized person. It was just an idea. I don't think I've seen a mod for Minecraft that has a tier system. It dose not matter to me if it gets implemented or not.

Sorry, when you said that, I couldn't help but smile and look at the screen in that really arrogant that way.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 9:15 pm

kitsuna77 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
kitsuna77 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

BIGP ??????

Thats true, but why suggest it on a forum for a allmost entirely unrelated mod? And by true, I mean the tier thing. You capitalized for.

For!
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:18 pm

lol, quit trolling the poor guy. I don't think his first language is english. Regardless, the idea of a tier system for the progress of the civilization isn't something that I see working with our mod simply because its a multiplayer mod.

For single player, tiers work great, you work towards the next tier. For a multiplayer game, you need tiers, but not in the actual civilization. With the setup that was suggested, a new server in the stone age would be annihilated in 10 seconds by people in the space age. Just doesn't work.

All technologies will be avalible (unless I'm over ruled here) from the get go. But obviously, someone just starting out isn't going to have access to the materials required to build a massive interstellar space vessel on day one. I'd suspect it would take a week or two of mining to gather the resources needed to build even a moderately sized vessel, not to mention the time and effort into perfecting the design, laying out the subsystems, and ultimately getting the thing off the ground. Again, Doc might have different plans, but that's how I see it, and either way, Civilization tiers just do not fit into our layout.
Back to top Go down
kitsuna77

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
lol, quit trolling the poor guy. I don't think his first language is english. Regardless, the idea of a tier system for the progress of the civilization isn't something that I see working with our mod simply because its a multiplayer mod.

For single player, tiers work great, you work towards the next tier. For a multiplayer game, you need tiers, but not in the actual civilization. With the setup that was suggested, a new server in the stone age would be annihilated in 10 seconds by people in the space age. Just doesn't work.

All technologies will be avalible (unless I'm over ruled here) from the get go. But obviously, someone just starting out isn't going to have access to the materials required to build a massive interstellar space vessel on day one. I'd suspect it would take a week or two of mining to gather the resources needed to build even a moderately sized vessel, not to mention the time and effort into perfecting the design, laying out the subsystems, and ultimately getting the thing off the ground. Again, Doc might have different plans, but that's how I see it, and either way, Civilization tiers just do not fit into our layout.

That is true.
...... And for the record my first language is English, but the keys on my keyboard stick and I sometimes do not notice that they did't get pressed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Civilization tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization tiers   Civilization tiers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civilization tiers
Page 1 of 1