Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Sci-Fi Franchises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 11:20 am

Iv121 wrote:
Uh aren't the Asari the most advanced psionic beings in mass effect ? Remember how they ended up ?

They are but insects compared to the Advent. Both in terms of psychic power and weapons.

Reapers can control the minds of their prisoners once submitted to the indoctrination process.

Advent can take the mind of thousands at a time while those thousands are sitting safely inside their own ships. The simple presence of the unity within a system can take over the mind of the feeble, they don't even need to physically be there to do it.
They can even jump one ship into orbit of a planet and immediately and instantly take over the minds of the entire population on the planet.

They even have weapons to spread their influence across the galaxy which will taint people's minds and make them support the Advent and reject their own factions.

Last edited by Pat Best on Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 am

Wanna know something interesting ? Insect have much better chances of survival as a race than humans Smile . How we're afraid of a few angry bees flying around, interesting what happens if the whole swarm attacks you ... UH UH UH I KNOW ! ZEEEEEEEEEEEERG RUSH !!!111!!1!1!!!!111!

actually we should invite the zerg too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 am

Iv121 wrote:
Wanna know something interesting ? Insect have much better chances of survival as a race than humans Smile . How we're afraid of a few angry bees flying around, interesting what happens if the whole swarm attacks you ... UH UH UH I KNOW ! ZEEEEEEEEEEEERG RUSH !!!111!!1!1!!!!111!

actually we should invite the zerg too Smile

You think? Imagine for a second if all of humanity suddenly decided to wipe out all insect life. I assure you, all insects will die if this ever happens. Quite simply, there isn't a single thing on the face of this world that could survive humans because of the simple fact that we have the power to destroy this world entirely.

Also, seems to me like the zerg would be vulnerable to any kind of telepathic attack from the Unity.
They are basically all linked into a massive telepathic web, and at the center of that web is Kerrigan. While Kerrigan, by herself, is a decently strong telepath even by Advent standards, she alone cannot stand before the will of the Unity.
Basically, the Advent would get to her through her zerg minions and make her brain full of f*ck.

The reason the protoss don't do this, for they are also strong telepaths, is because they don't combine their psychic will in the same way the Unity do. They are still individuals wielding individual power, the Khala is only a connection between protoss.

The Unity, on the other hand, is a combination of the will of the Advent, a cumulative power of an entire race that can be pointed at the enemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Ok arguing with you is pointless O.o . No srsly I wanna see you taking out all insect life on earth . We both know well we sometimes barely get rid of some ants going around our house. Getting rid of all insects will be even worse. What would you do ? Smash them one by one ? Burn all the ant nests out ? Spray some gas on them ? It's all nice and good and will kill some insects but some if not most of them will survive simply because you won't find them. They are reproducing with amazing speed and will soon adapt to fire, poison or whatever you throw at them. They might even develop a better mind and work together to bring you down. WE MIGHT FIND OURSELVES IN ONE OF THOSE 60'S HORROR MOVIES WITH GIANT ANTS Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Ok arguing with you is pointless O.o . No srsly I wanna see you taking out all insect life on earth . We both know well we sometimes barely get rid of some ants going around our house. Getting rid of all insects will be even worse. What would you do ? Smash them one by one ? Burn all the ant nests out ? Spray some gas on them ? It's all nice and good and will kill some insects but some if not most of them will survive simply because you won't find them. They are reproducing with amazing speed and will soon adapt to fire, poison or whatever you throw at them. They may even develop a better mind and work together to bring you down. WE MIGHT FIND OURSELVES IN ONE OF THOSE 60'S HORROR MOVIES WITH GIANT ANTS Shocked Shocked Shocked

Imagine, just for a second, that all of earth's military, every single one of the hundreds of billions of dollars being spent on war, was suddenly turned towards exterminating insect life. All of our weapons adapted to this new enemy, our defenses augmented to keep them away from our homes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

1. Too late they are in our homes Razz .
2. The insects have superior numbers over you and all humans and all other animals combined, not only in numbers but also in actual size .
3. Congratz by throwing the whole terran militery to fight tinny insects you admit how big thier threat is Razz

LISTEN UP SOLIDERS WE ARE FINALLY GETTING FRONT LINE DUTIES AND I MUST SAY THINGS LOOK UGLY OUT THERE.

FIRST OF ALL I WANT YOU ALL TO MEET OUR NEW TOYS, STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORIES !!!! YOU CAN SMELL THE VICTORY COMING OUT OF IT !!!

- Sir I'm not sure it's a good ...

SHUT UP SOLDIER IM NOT DONE YET !!! REMEMBER YOUR DRILL, THE LEFT HAND ON THE TRIGGER AND THE RIGHT ONE ON IT"S BOTTOM, YES LIKE THIS. KEEP IN MIND THAT I DONT WANT TO SEE HERE RAMBOS WHO THINK THEY CAN TAKE TWO GUNS IN EACH HAND AND START SPRAYING AROUND ! NOW TAKE YOUR M75s WE ARE MOVING OUT AT 0600.

Spoiler:

ZEEEEEEEEEEERG RUSH !!!11!1!!!!1!1!!!!1!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
It needs to be the lovebaby of SoaSE, Mass Effect, Star Wars, Halo, Battlestar Galactica, and Avatar.

Stargate can go suck a big one Mad

Why Avatar? Avatar is about a bunch of blue aliens that want freedom from the humans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Ok arguing with you is pointless O.o . No srsly I wanna see you taking out all insect life on earth . We both know well we sometimes barely get rid of some ants going around our house. Getting rid of all insects will be even worse. What would you do ? Smash them one by one ? Burn all the ant nests out ? Spray some gas on them ? It's all nice and good and will kill some insects but some if not most of them will survive simply because you won't find them. They are reproducing with amazing speed and will soon adapt to fire, poison or whatever you throw at them. They may even develop a better mind and work together to bring you down. WE MIGHT FIND OURSELVES IN ONE OF THOSE 60'S HORROR MOVIES WITH GIANT ANTS Shocked Shocked Shocked

Imagine, just for a second, that all of earth's military, every single one of the hundreds of billions of dollars being spent on war, was suddenly turned towards exterminating insect life. All of our weapons adapted to this new enemy, our defenses augmented to keep them away from our homes.

Xenocide? I see.... All insects die=all birds die=all cats die=many more predators die=all carnivores die=huge surplus of plant eaters=less plants=sped up global warming=people die of heat and polar ice caps melt and flood coastal cities (most of these are major cities)=decrease in human population=global warming goes down while food is still scarce=wars over food=nuclear war over something dumb like cattle=nuclear winter=the end of life on Earth.

LETS DO IT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 pm

UH UH YOU FORGOT THE ZEEEEEEEEEEERG RUSH !!!11!1!!!!1!1!!!!1!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 3:19 pm

I forgot about the replicators. Damn them and their indestructible ships...

Also, I want to see the Advent fight in the 40k universe, so they could all get their brains eaten by Daemons and Enslavers Razz

Pat, I want to know where you got the number of alliance dreadnoughts it takes to kill a reaper from, if you've played the game then you know it takes a lot more than that. I do agree that indoctrination wouldn't work on the unity though, it didn't work on the Rachnai queen in ME.

At lease we all agree that Star Trek would be the first franchise to die...except for the fluidians, but they rape everything in that universe anyways.

Can we get off he topic of killing bugs? Anything from Starcraft would get obliterated, once you consider that a handful of marines can kill nearly any capital ship...

I've you should probably elaborate on the Shivams a little more. For science.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Uh with the same success I can claim that one terran can defeat a reaper, oh you sheppy Razz .

Besides to defeat something that takes your DNA and uses it against you ? The reapers are in trouble , they have DNA after all Razz . With all those creepy abilities all those villains have IT WILL BE FIREWORKS Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 3:34 pm

3 way fight between Reapers, Necrons and Replicaotrs to determine the dominant machine race, GO! Hydraulic fluid will be spilled....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happyman

Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 pm

I think that in terms of machines... well nothing would win.

The whole point of machines are that they are invincible on a level playing field. Only human ingenuity stops them in every series, without that it would just be a bunch of machines sitting there killing each other over and over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I forgot about the replicators. Damn them and their indestructible ships...

Also, I want to see the Advent fight in the 40k universe, so they could all get their brains eaten by Daemons and Enslavers Razz

Pat, I want to know where you got the number of alliance dreadnoughts it takes to kill a reaper from, if you've played the game then you know it takes a lot more than that. I do agree that indoctrination wouldn't work on the unity though, it didn't work on the Rachnai queen in ME.

At lease we all agree that Star Trek would be the first franchise to die...except for the fluidians, but they rape everything in that universe anyways.

Can we get off he topic of killing bugs? Anything from Starcraft would get obliterated, once you consider that a handful of marines can kill nearly any capital ship...

I've you should probably elaborate on the Shivams a little more. For science.

I got the 3-dreadnought-to-reaper ratio either form the wiki or the codex, since those are the only two sources I've used. I'll check it again after I''m done writing this post.

Now, just so you understand, this does not mean that three dreadnoughts can take on a reaper, for they would be destroyed before they could deal a sufficient amount of damage. What it means is that, at minimum, you need to have the equivalent firepower of three dreadnoughts to overcome one Reaper's shields, any less and the shields will hold and the reaper will not be destroyed.

There, I looked it up, it's a wiki posting information from the Codex, and I was wrong, it takes four Dreadnoughts' firepower to destroy a Reaper.
Quote :

Unlike the mass effect relays that they created, Reapers do not have quantum shields. Locking itself down at a quantum level would leave a Reaper unaware of its surroundings until the shielding deactivated. Instead, Reapers rely on kinetic barriers.

In the case of a Reaper capital ship, these kinetic barriers can hold off the firepower of two dreadnoughts simultaneously, but three clearly causes strain, and four typically results in destruction. Weapons designed to maximize heat damage, such as the Thanix series, show better results against the Reapers than pure kinetic impacts.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/The_Reapers

Now I see why you would think the Advent would be susceptible to Daemons, but let me say it once more. All Advent are linked through the Unity and mentally attacking one would result in opposing the combined might of the entire Advent race. They aren't just rag-tag untrained humans with mental abilities, these are almighty psychics who bolster their already powerful psionic abilities with technology and neurostimulants.

The same can be said in the case of the Enslavers vs Advent. In fact, since the Eldar, also psychics, seem to be doing fine with both of these species around, there's no reason to believe the Advent would do any worse.

Not to mention the difference between psykers and Advent. Psykers draw their power from the warp, which explains why they are susceptible to both Enslavers and Daemons, whereas Advent use good old power of the once-human brain. The power comes not from the warp but from themselves, leaving no route of access to these other beings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Remember, though, that as good as the Advent are, the TEC can beat them up if the commander knows what he's doing. The same goes for all these other factions. If they were really as awesome as you claim, their series would be the stories of them rolling over all other life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
3 way fight between Reapers, Necrons and Replicaotrs to determine the dominant machine race, GO! Hydraulic fluid will be spilled....

The Replicator's fate in such a conflict relies on if they can actually corrupt Necron and Reaper technology, because as far as I know, except for the Atlantis replicators who built actual non-replicator ships, they have no direct weapons. They usually infiltrate enemy ships, dispose of the crew then take over the ship, cannibalize what's not needed to make more of themselves and keep the important stuff, engines, weapons, hyperdrive, to fight.

If they can't corrupt Reaper and Necron tech, which is a possibility, they would be useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Remember, though, that as good as the Advent are, the TEC can beat them up if the commander knows what he's doing. The same goes for all these other factions. If they were really as awesome as you claim, their series would be the stories of them rolling over all other life.

Yes, the TEC are equally awesome in their own way. I would argue on their behalf as well since this is a Franchise war and not a faction war, but I don't know half as much about them as I do the Advent, and half of that for the Vasari.

Eventually I'll need their strength to bolster my arguments... like the Novalith for taking out those Craftworlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Yes, the TEC are equally awesome in their own way. I would argue on their behalf as well since this is a Franchise war and not a faction war, but I don't know half as much about them as I do the Advent, and half of that for the Vasari.

Eventually I'll need their strength to bolster my arguments... like the Novalith for taking out those Craftworlds.
Ooh hoo, I can use factions besides the Empire? Star Forge, here I come...

EDIT: Also, since Star Wars doesn't have a good mechanical race like this (HK-47 is good, but probably won't cut it), can I join the ME faction with the Reaper?

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Mon May 14, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Technically, you being the official star wars guy, you could use all factions in the Star Wars universe, maybe not all of them fighting side by side, but you know... bend the rules a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Technically, you being the official star wars guy, you could use all factions in the Star Wars universe, maybe not all of them fighting side by side, but you know... bend the rules a bit.
Wonderful. What about the entire Jedi and Sith Orders at once?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Wonderful. What about the entire Jedi and Sith Orders at once?

Yup, although this may be trouble some for the rest of use because the star wars universe has many different factions with many armadas spread through meany eras... allowing you to combine all of history into one gigantic army... for the sake of being fair, I'd say pick a date in the star wars calendar and base your stuff off the existing forces in that time.

Otherwise I might have to do some research on the long-dead galaxy-wide Vasari Empire which was unmatched by any civilization in the whole Sins universe and had an enormous Dark Fleet several times the size of what they have now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

The Replicator's fate in such a conflict relies on if they can actually corrupt Necron and Reaper technology, because as far as I know, except for the Atlantis replicators who built actual non-replicator ships, they have no direct weapons. They usually infiltrate enemy ships, dispose of the crew then take over the ship, cannibalize what's not needed to make more of themselves and keep the important stuff, engines, weapons, hyperdrive, to fight.

If they can't corrupt Reaper and Necron tech, which is a possibility, they would be useless.
\

They can corrupt anything that's made of metal.

Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.

Spoiler:

Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

\

They can corrupt anything that's made of metal.

Unfortunately, the Reapers may be made of metal but they have a sentient intelligence within them, which is why I'm curious as to the efficiency of their corruption. As for the Necrons, they are made of Necrodermis, living metal, which is not the same metal Replicators are used to, and are actually living beings made into robot form. Also, both of these robotic species are infinitely older then Replicators are and possess the most unimaginably advanced tech in their respective universes. Also important to note the Necrons have some affilitation or direct link with some old God of some sort which I didn't read up on appropriately.

I know the Ancient created some replicators in their galaxy during the war with the wraith, which makes them no more than a little over 10000 years old. I'm not sure of the origin of the replicators in the milky way though.

Last edited by Pat Best on Mon May 14, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haycalon

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises    Mon May 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Okay. Because I can use any race in Mass Effect, I would have to say that ME would be an incredibly powerful faction. The cycle of annihilating organics every 50,000 years has gone on a nigh-immeasurable amount of time. However, based on the Alpha Relay and the Keepers, we know that the cycle has persisted for at least 2,000,000 years, with all likelihood of more. That means, in those two million years, there have been 40 civilizations on par with the civilizations in the games. Going on the numbers in ME3, and assuming that they have an equivalent level of technology, the Fleets of ME would be able to field al least two million vessels. Thats not even counting the Reapers or the fact that the Protheans were more advanced than the current civilization, and their precursors were even more advanced than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Haycalon wrote:
Okay. Because I can use any race in Mass Effect, I would have to say that ME would be an incredibly powerful faction. The cycle of annihilating organics every 50,000 years has gone on a nigh-immeasurable amount of time. However, based on the Alpha Relay and the Keepers, we know that the cycle has persisted for at least 2,000,000 years, with all likelihood of more. That means, in those two million years, there have been 40 civilizations on par with the civilizations in the games. Going on the numbers in ME3, and assuming that they have an equivalent level of technology, the Fleets of ME would be able to field al least two million vessels. Thats not even counting the Reapers or the fact that the Protheans were more advanced than the current civilization, and their precursors were even more advanced than that.

Except you don't know anything about any of the previous civilizations and thus can't use them in any argument, save maybe for the Protheans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi Franchises
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: