Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.

Go down 
+12
Avenger_7
Commander Kobialka
Danice123
hyperlite
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Hierarch Fenway
Laserbilly
Keon
Pat Best
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm

It's a virus. Take it to the geek squad or get a recovery disk. Sorry. :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Kobialka wrote:

lulno, this kind of damage can't be inflicted by a simple virus, sorry if you're new to this.

After a reformat the system was still unreasonably slow so I'm absolutely confident it was the HDD that stopped working, probably since I read/wrote so many times. Regardless, after a little incident I don't have it anyhow (joke's on you, mom!) so I'm just going to go ahead and get a job to save up for a new gaming laptop this summer with a nice 7670m Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Legion wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

lulno, this kind of damage can't be inflicted by a simple virus, sorry if you're new to this.

After a reformat the system was still unreasonably slow so I'm absolutely confident it was the HDD that stopped working, probably since I read/wrote so many times. Regardless, after a little incident I don't have it anyhow (joke's on you, mom!) so I'm just going to go ahead and get a job to save up for a new gaming laptop this summer with a nice 7670m Very Happy

You necro posted your own topic? an im not new to this. My computer was killed by a virus last month and is still being repaired cuz my dad has not ordered a dumb recovery disk yet O_O
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Legion wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Yes, most people who pirate did not have this happen to them, I said that because I knew what you were doing, you just sugar-coated the truth a bit.

I pirate games, I buy the ones I like. Are you saying I should just go out and spend even more money on games I have sitting right on my hard drive?

Also btw many many many viruses are caused by downloading illegal games. CURSE YOU TORRENTS!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Uh, there's a certain degree of caution that comes with torrenting. I only get stuff with 200+ seeders, typically that many people won't risk their necks seeding a virus nor the uploader dedicated enough to set up a bot net that large.

And you don't need to order a rec. disc, just get imgburn and a blank DVD and you're all set. You can also hit F8 when it asks which OS to boot. I myself have gone through a grand total of 4 computers with this most recent incident...most have been Windows or hardware failures, not the work of a virus.

Computers only last so long Sad
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Legion wrote:
Uh, there's a certain degree of caution that comes with torrenting. I only get stuff with 200+ seeders, typically that many people won't risk their necks seeding a virus nor the uploader dedicated enough to set up a bot net that large.

And you don't need to order a rec. disc, just get imgburn and a blank DVD and you're all set. You can also hit F8 when it asks which OS to boot. I myself have gone through a grand total of 4 computers with this most recent incident...most have been Windows or hardware failures, not the work of a virus.

Computers only last so long Sad

My grandpas computer lasted 6 years and its still running fast. My computer got a virus and died at only 3 months old Sad
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Heeeeeey. I hope a certain mod won't interpret this as a necro, but, guess what?

This July I bought a new PC! I was so happy with my Dell M5040...I played Minecraft on it, I pissed off Shiva on it, I acted like an asshat on it, I played Crysis on it. Oh, what joy this laptop has brought me! Until today...this fateful day when I played Team Fortress 2 for an hour with Last_Jedi_Standing...

Guess what? The hard drive is toast AGAIN! ON MY THREE MONTH OLD PC. I AM SO COOL WITH THAT, YOU KNOW?

But, unlike the case of my old Acer Aspire 7745, Dell is all too happy to provide me a hard drive pre-installed with Windows for me to install into the computer, so long as I send them the old unit so they can confirm it actually isn't working.

Let it never be said Dell doesn't have quality tech support.

Another thing warranting note is that the hdd is largely intact...this is good, means I can actually recover some stuff Very Happy

And by 'stuff', I don't mean the 90gb password protected folder embedded deep within my filesystem with legally questionable content...at all.
ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Awesome_Smiley___Spy_Red_TF2_by_Sitic_large
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 pm

All I can say is that I killed him before his computer crashed.

He killed me too, but it still counts as a victory.

Also, we were mostly fighting robots.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:44 am

Dell has crap tech support...alright warranty, but crap everything else.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 am

Tiel wrote:
ACT II

Let it never be said Dell doesn't have quality tech support.

Tell that to [classified], who has to put up with the million-dollars of rip-offs from Dell at work. He says they are some of the least customer friendly people he's ever dealt with.

And this time, it is legitimately classified.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 pm

When I went to buy a new laptop, I was looking at a nice Acer Aspire One with a 1.3 Ghz C-60 processor, 11.6" screen and 1366x768 HD resolution. I went with the Dell M5040 because it had the e-450 rated at 2.4 Ghz and its integrated GPU was more powerful than the C-60's 6290.

I do kinda wish I went with the Acer, the build quality was much better. The M5040 is just a plastic chassis and a screen.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Tiel wrote:
When I went to buy a new laptop, I was looking at a nice Acer Aspire One with a 1.3 Ghz C-60 processor, 11.6" screen and 1366x768 HD resolution. I went with the Dell M5040 because it had the e-450 rated at 2.4 Ghz and its integrated GPU was more powerful than the C-60's 6290.

I do kinda wish I went with the Acer, the build quality was much better. The M5040 is just a plastic chassis and a screen.

If you want build quality, go with Apple. If you want anything else, then good luck.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:

If you want build quality, go with Apple. If you want anything else, then good luck.

I can respect Apple's made some innovations in the field of tech over the past decade, but I'll be frank here, I'm sure their build quality is superb what with their unibody manufacturing process and all, but their hardware is very overpriced. 3000$ for an i5 quadcore? C'mon, Apple. And I'm primarily a gamer so...just don't think Apple is the best option.

What I am looking at is a nice Clevo w110er gaming netbook (<---OXYMORON ALERT)

It's an 11.6 inch notebook packing a second gen i7 (it can also handle a quadcore Ivy Bridge i7, but that's outside my budget), 8 gigs of RAM and a 650m with a whopping 2 gigs of dedicated VRAM. All for around 940$, that I plan to obtain by selling my soul to BillMeLater and making monthly payments of 60-ish bucks for around 1.5 years.

It'll probably decrease my credit rating a bit, but I'll get it within a week of making the commitment, which is great.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:22 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel wrote:

If you want build quality, go with ASUS. If you want anything else, then good luck.
Fixed. Very good value as well; they're probably the best mainstream gaming notebook manufacturer on the market. Their "top-of-the-line" gaming rig generally go for around $1400-$2000 depending on the specific model. That can play anything except, say, Crysis 2 on max graphics at 60+ FPS. Just don't put anything plastic or flammable behind the heat exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Crysis 2 is an easy game broseph Very Happy

I think the Clevo can run it at High (Without DX11 or HD texpack) at around 40 FPS. 650m is one wicked card.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Tiel wrote:
Crysis 2 is an easy game broseph Very Happy

I think the Clevo can run it at High (Without DX11 or HD texpack) at around 40 FPS. 650m is one wicked card.
The ASUS has 660M/670M depending. You can check the specs from the link I gave you. I also don't have Crysis 2 (on PC), I'm just using it as an example because of what Crysis did to my first computer Razz

I have one of these and I haven't had to run anything below high settings yet.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:38 pm

ASUS has a variety of models, you know Razz

The higher end has the 660m I think, though those are pretty expensive.

650m can hold its own in many a benchmark. It's a nice, low power chip that can do pretty much anything.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Oh, the model with maxed specs is G75VW-NS72[proof]. The other one with the 670M is the NS71. Also, there's a one-year accidental damage warranty and ASUS will replace your laptop no matter what. Their customer service is exceptional. I had a friend break his old G-series 10 days out of warranty, and they replaced it anyways Smile

But speaking from experience, I will never buy another brand again.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Lol, the machine you linked to is an utter tank.

I prefer to keep things on the discrete end, personally. My old lappie was a 17.3 Acer and it was a true pain to lug around, plus people kept bugging me about how much 'graphix' my computer had Rolling Eyes

After getting the Dell I think 15.6 is the best balance of screen res and portability, and in fact last christmas I was considering picking up a G53, but that never really came to fruition. Reason I'm getting the Clevo is because the thing is so cool! It's a veritable wolf in sheep's clothing, that'll really come in handy should a thief come lurking in the classroom; it would be dismissed as a mere netbook!
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 am

Tiel wrote:

I prefer to keep things on the discrete end, personally. My old lappie was a 17.3 Acer and it was a true pain to lug around, plus people kept bugging me about how much 'graphix' my computer had Rolling Eyes

After getting the Dell I think 15.6 is the best balance of screen res and portability, and in fact last christmas I was considering picking up a G53, but that never really came to fruition. Reason I'm getting the Clevo is because the thing is so cool! It's a veritable wolf in sheep's clothing, that'll really come in handy should a thief come lurking in the classroom; it would be dismissed as a mere netbook!

In the end, it's up to you what you get. Just a couple things about the Clevo though, taken from multiple reviews:

-11.6"screens suck for gaming. Big time.
-Short battery life. Not terrible, but learn to love those wall outlets.
-No 1080p, even though you won't notice that on a screen that small.
-The screen is dim and a poor quality LCD; you need to be looking at almost a 90 degree angle to see the picture well.
-Terrible cooling, especially compared to ASUS PC's.
-'Island' style keyboard with VERY small keys. Not at all what you want for gaming.
-Very expensive for sub-par build quality.

The only problem I have noticed with my ASUS is that some areas of the keyboard will flex if I apply pressure directly to the paneling (not the keys).

It does perform well, but I wouldn't want to spend big money on an 11.6" gaming rig with crap components.
My suggestion would be to shop a little more. You can still find this badass machine in some places. It's a year old, but still using a Sandy Bridge i7 Extreme Quad core, 16GB of RAM, and what was, at the time, one of nVidia's top GPUs (my friend has one in his older G-series, and it still works extraordinarily well). You can definently find that model cheaper somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 am

Please go to http://store.apple.com/au/configure/MD771X/A?#hardware before making a judgment on Apple's computers. They have some very nicer hardware, and some equally pleasant software. It would be better if it was half the price though, they probably would've overtaken Windows had that been the case.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

In the end, it's up to you what you get. Just a couple things about the Clevo though, taken from multiple reviews:

-11.6"screens suck for gaming. Big time. The idea here is portability Wink 17.3 gives the most breathing room, but it's also the biggest pain to haul around.
-Short battery life. Not terrible, but learn to love those wall outlets. Three hours is relatively good, and that's with the 650m on, mind you. With the HD 3000 chip using Optimus I'll bet it's nearly twice that.
-No 1080p, even though you won't notice that on a screen that small. Yeah. 1080p might actually put the 650m through it's paces.
-The screen is dim and a poor quality LCD; you need to be looking at almost a 90 degree angle to see the picture well. Hmm...could you post a link to where you got this? When I looked around I didn't see anything concerning this, would appreciate the extra resource.
-Terrible cooling, especially compared to ASUS PC's. Perhaps. Asus is renowned for its cooling, can't argue that. But most of the reviews citing that are those that ordered it with an Ivy Bridge i7 xD
-'Island' style keyboard with VERY small keys. Not at all what you want for gaming. Could pose a problem, I dunno. I'll adapt.
-Very expensive for sub-par build quality. The one I'm looking at has superior specs to any asus laptops in the price range...haven't really seen any complaints about build quality, though, most of the reviews I've seen state the opposite silent

The only problem I have noticed with my ASUS is that some areas of the keyboard will flex if I apply pressure directly to the paneling (not the keys).

It does perform well, but I wouldn't want to spend big money on an 11.6" gaming rig with crap components.
My suggestion would be to shop a little more. You can still find this badass machine in some places. It's a year old, but still using a Sandy Bridge i7 Extreme Quad core, 16GB of RAM, and what was, at the time, one of nVidia's top GPUs (my friend has one in his older G-series, and it still works extraordinarily well). You can definently find that model cheaper somewhere else.

That's 3000 dollars Shocked

And mack, the cheapest macbook has these specs:

1000$
11.6 inch screen
64gb HDD (Granted, it's an SSD, but that ain't a whole lotta space)
4gb RAM
1.7 Ghz i5 Dual Core w/ HD 4000 Intel graphics
OSX

Compared to:

940$
11.6 inch screen
750gb Hybrid HDD
8gb RAM
2.00 Ghz i7 Quadcore w/ HD 3000 Intel graphics
Dedicated GT 650m nVidia GPU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Tell me which is more gratuitous to the buyer? Most of Apple's hardware is good, but it's primarily aimed at those who just have 2k lying around to buy a computer.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm highly mobile. If I ever found a desktop to suit my lifestyle I'd probably build it myself, thanks for the suggestion though.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 am

I did say Apple would be better if their products were around half the price, did I not?

Still, sometimes it is easier to buy and Apple computer because you know what you're going to get, there's not need to go hunting for the best value.

Sorry, I really only pay attention to the stats on Apple products, I don't actually understand the need/workings of a graphics card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.   ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ME2 accidentally my computer, TF2 joined in on the fun on the new one.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: