Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Teachings of Tal' Margertha

Go down 
+2
ACH0225
Hierarch Fenway
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Empty
PostSubject: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:13 pm

This is the religion my empire will be following, a religion promoting the whole rather than the individual. In addition, it is against any one person wielding power, so corrupt religion is not possible.

~~The Book of Tal' Margertha~~

I- The Gods

Tal' Margertha consists of three holy gods, each responsible for their own set of gods. The first is Tal'. Tal is the light god, dealing with all particles and light traveling at, near, or above the speed of light. The second is Marg, the force god, who oversees the many forces present in the universe including gravitation, magnetism, and others. The last is Ertha, who is responsible for all matter. These three gods are the creators of the universe that we can see. These gods take on no physical form, as their being makes up the entirety of the universe.

Tal' is often considered the Head God. Without his powers of light, the others couldn't see or interact with the universe. He is commonly arrogant, believing he is superior, and commonly gets into fights with the other two. Despite his arrogance, he tries his best to work with the other two on difficult problems. Possessing the power to move faster than light, he watches over the entire universe to keep order and to fix problems. He often stirs up trouble in an area when he has nothing better to do, but the other gods usually fix it right after. He was the inventor of Stars, which give off light, and liberally formed them all over the known universe with Marg's help. He is the top of the Holy Trinity.

Marg is often the second in command compared to Tal'. Wielding the powers of force, he is responsible for holding everything together, be it planets orbits, stars, or dust clouds. He is generally selfish, and is loath to lend his powers to the other two. He gladly takes reward though, for his services. Despite his loath to share power, he often uses them without the other two's knowledge, adding to their creations and projects secretly. He has his own system many trillions of parsecs away, too far for any drive to reach in a million years, where he commonly plays a kind of sport involving using gravity to hit a planet with a rather large asteroid. Keeper of the gas clouds, he is the second link in the Holy Trinity.

Ertha is the last god, often the least represented one of the three. He rarely gets his say, and his priorities are often last when the other gods have something they need done. Controlling matter, he is responsible for everything material that we know of in our universe today. He is suprisingly nice compared to the other two, and will often build planetary systems perfect for life or stop black holes from affecting known star systems. He always adds to the other god's projects and usually works with them, even without personal gain, and eventually gets his projects done with their help. He usually meditates on his spare time, but he sometimes creates unstable elements just to watch them destroy something for entertainment. He is the last link in the Holy Trinity.

The Holy Trinity is a triangle linke between all of the gods, encompassing the universe inside it. It is maintained by the gods and keeps the universe as we know it from descending into Chaos. If one link were broken, the universe would seep out into nothingness by the hole left behind. Paradoxes are like pinpricks, small holes that will leak out some of the universe if created. Therefore, paradoxes must be avoided to keep the universe in existance.

II- The 14 Teachings

1- Love all that is real, and promote all that is imaginary. New ideas pave the way for reality, which allows for more things to be loved.

2- The individual is nothing more than a small force, a drop of water. Combined, many drops of water can become an ocean of force and change.

3- Give more than is taken, for others may need what you have to offer.

4- Help those in need, for others may not be willing to help or lend aid to them.

5- Complete tasks not for the benefit of one, but for the benefit of a great many.

6- Aid in all that you can, even with no experience, for even small acts of kindness benefit the community.

7- Make anything public knowledge and well known, for kept secrets often turn the secret bearer sour.

8- Improve and rework anything possible whenever possible, as there is always something better than the current one.

9- Do not work alone, for the solo operative can make more unnoticed mistakes than a group.

10- Knowledge is power, and power is dangerous, so knowledge must be kept safely.

11- Distribution of anything reduces the impact of losing, so distribute liberally.

12- Shadows are merely indicators of nearby light, do not fear the unknown.

13- It is best to win without combat, persuade without diplomacy, complete without corruption.

14- Opinions are valuable and important, but do not let them get in the way of others.

15- The appropriate response to a situation is often the least expected one.

~~ ~~
This is all that's been created so far. Do NOT defile the holy book of Tal' Margertha!
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Oh. Well, owl religion isnt REALLY religion, more like a life controlling philosophy. There are a few rules, such as...

* Never kill for pride.
* Powers unknown are not to be feared or scorned, but respected.
* The sky is the true realm, forget that not.
* All kinds are equal, despite difference in body or eyes.
* Service to the people is the highest honor. Service to the family is a higher honor still.

There are 30 more laws, rules, what have you, but these are the major ones. Some of the others are important, like
* Higher powers are retained by the least powerful.

Anyways, I have some mosskv to eat, and its a very good batch.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm nonreligious, but if I was forced to be religious, I would believe in a polytheistic religion. Most likely Classical.

Anyway, I like it. Sounds good, I could almost believe in it.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 am

Wow, nice work! 1 problem though, it should be 15 teachings, not 14, because theres 15 of them.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 am

There actually did use to be 14 Teachings. It is unknown which one, but in the 27th generational reprinting another one was added to the list. We have to wait for the next generational printing to fix it, so it remains. Plus, it's historical!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 am

Fenway wrote:
There actually did use to be 14 Teachings. It is unknown which one, but in the 27th generational reprinting another one was added to the list. We have to wait for the next generational printing to fix it, so it remains. Plus, it's historical!

Fail?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Fenway wrote:

Fail?

No, win.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 am

You know, there are Buudhist turians.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Legion on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 pm

1.) We didn't ask about the Turians

2.) This is about the Xerian's religion, not Buddhism
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm just sayin', cultural diffusion. Sorry if I wasn't clear Razz
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Please spoiler the pic...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 pm

The next chapter will be up soon, also the 28th generational printing happening tommorow. Errors will be fixed.

The next chapter... III, is the balance between Harmony and War, "War is Peace."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Teachings of Tal' Margertha   The Teachings of Tal' Margertha Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Teachings of Tal' Margertha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: