Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

magical captains chair detection thingamajigger

Go down 
+3
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
Commander Kobialka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Empty
PostSubject: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:49 pm

now i think that the captain should be able to pass control of the ship over to another player temorarily when he gets tired of piloting whenever he wants. of course, we cant have that player with buttons that only the captain should be allowed to use so, obviously we need to make it so that the captains chair is loyal to whoever ordered the shipyard to construct it. We also cant have an annoying chat screen in the captains face while driving SO, the chat screen is invisible to the driver. this means the captain cant tell the person he passed control to temporarily to get out of the chair. PROBLEM SOLVED. the owner of the ship (the captain) can right click the chair at any time and the person on the chair will be forced out as the captain takes control of the ship again. this option is only available to the captain. good idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:14 am

Um... Over think much?
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Um... Over think much?

I over think everything but it IS a good idea. I would like to walk around my own ship at some point :/
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:44 pm

The captain doesn't control the ship. Typically on a bridge you'll have over 5 people, 20+ on a capital ship. Your navigator/pilot would be controlling the ship, and your weapons officers would have overall command of the laser batteries, etc. And the captain gives orders to them all, and can leave whenever they feel like it and leave their XO in control. XO's would have to be actual players as well unless it's an AI ship, but I don't think there should be convoluted countermeasures; you should have to be careful about who you give power to, and who to blast out the airlock.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 pm

What about when you don't have 5 people on to fly your ship?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Indeed. I want to be able to have a fleet of hundreds of ships, all controlled by me. I don't need to control ever laser cannon, but the fleet should jump when I tell it to and obey general orders, such as 'Reinforce the left flank!' or 'Concentrate fire on the battlecruiser!'.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Indeed. I want to be able to have a fleet of hundreds of ships, all controlled by me. I don't need to control ever laser cannon, but the fleet should jump when I tell it to and obey general orders, such as 'Reinforce the left flank!' or 'Concentrate fire on the battlecruiser!'.

There would be two types of ships - NPC ships and Human ones. NPC ships are crewed, of course, entirely by NPCs which aren't rendered unless you're on the vessel, and would be controlled by a fleet core on your flagship. Player ships are still composed of NPCs, but with players in administrative positions. The amount is as much as you want; one could command a vessel fully crewed by NPCs, but I think having a human XO as well should be a requirement, seeing as Squadron Commanders wouldn't know who has the mettle to command a battleship or be relegated to a backwater scout craft.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Legion wrote:
The captain doesn't control the ship. Typically on a bridge you'll have over 5 people, 20+ on a capital ship. Your navigator/pilot would be controlling the ship, and your weapons officers would have overall command of the laser batteries, etc. And the captain gives orders to them all, and can leave whenever they feel like it and leave their XO in control. XO's would have to be actual players as well unless it's an AI ship, but I don't think there should be convoluted countermeasures; you should have to be careful about who you give power to, and who to blast out the airlock.

pilot then. doesnt matter.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 pm

hyperlite wrote:

then i guess the pilot flys all the time. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Kobialka wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

then i guess the pilot flys all the time. Sad

..no?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:14 pm

You misspelled thingamijigger

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:16 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
You misspelled thingamijigger

Spoiler:
I take it you didn't see the thread about necroposting.

This is your warning.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:46 am

Poor kitty... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: magical captains chair detection thingamajigger   magical captains chair detection thingamajigger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

magical captains chair detection thingamajigger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: