Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Feature REMOVAL Ideas

Go down 
+13
Avenger_7
The Schmetterling
Buggy1997123
Last_Jedi_Standing
xanex21
mouseman89
Keon
GLaDOS
Admiral Rekiin
Grand Imperial Thunder
Laibach
Tiel+
Danice123
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Feature REMOVAL Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm

So since there are multiple topics on what we should ADD to the game, I'm curious about what we need to REMOVE from the game. This is key to reduce server strain with all the new features, and because many features in minecraft already clash with this new theme.

Worlds:
Nether - Clashes. Also I feel that netherrack and glowstone are a little too easy to use.
The End - Clashes. A small addition that I really don't enjoy anyway, but its just another world that the server has to handle. Plus the whole thing where you can't exit without killing the dragon or dying...

Entities:
Endermen - really useless after the destruction of The End.
Maybe all of them? Replaced by more futuristic mobs? Though I would shy away from removing such iconic parts of the game like the creeper...

World Gen:
Strongholds : Useless after removal of The End?
Abandoned mines: I'm a little iffy on this, I personally think that we should go after creating an untouched world experience and allowing players to change it, but...

Experience and Enchanting:
Doesn't go along with the theme again... Idk about this one though. We would have to provide an alternative to those systems.

Tweaks:
Torches burn out : makes resources more dear and a better and more dangerous environment for beginning and exploration.
Growth slower: allows for more improvement of food growth.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Either make Villages be upgradeable to massive cities or remove them in favor of player built ones. Villagers serve no purpose other than further bogging down the server.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:34 pm

agreed, although I think the end(erman) could be an inter dimensional civilazation/race for singleplayer but meh :\
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm

I like the nether stuff too much to just let it go. I want another way to at least get glowstone. Glowstone tree?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm all for villagers being exterminated because iron golems will be even easier to kill for their drops with all the futuristic weapons and stuff.
The end is pretty useless but I'm against removing the nether.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Remove ALL the things!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Nether I like, all else I agree with.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 pm

My reason for removing the nether is that its full of easy eternal light sources. Netherrack burns forever, and glow stone glows forever. I want to get ride of that in favor of lights that actually cost you something. Torches burn out, and add lamps that run on oil or electricity instead of glowstone

Nether could be replaced by a planet themed with stone a lava.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm

How about lower down we get a new biosphere.

Who's played DF? You would know what we can do with the nether.
Back to top Go down
mouseman89

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:29 am

maybe when you dig below bedrock with a special tool, you arrive in the nether but with out the portal.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 pm

I was thinking that there might be a system where each planet has different biomes. Like there could be a desert planet, or a lava planet or stuff like that. Of course you would have to have ways of getting the same resources on each, but thats not too hard. It would add a lot of diversity to the game. A lava planet would be themed after the nether, except without a ceiling and netherrack.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm

I wont play this futurecraft if you guys start taking stuff out of minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 pm

xanex21 wrote:
I wont play this futurecraft if you guys start taking stuff out of minecraft.
Them's fightn' words.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Danice123 wrote:
I was thinking that there might be a system where each planet has different biomes. Like there could be a desert planet, or a lava planet or stuff like that. Of course you would have to have ways of getting the same resources on each, but thats not too hard. It would add a lot of diversity to the game. A lava planet would be themed after the nether, except without a ceiling and netherrack.
What if the biome of a planet is effected by where it is relative to it's sun? A planet a medium distance away will be temperate, one thats pratically touching the sun would be a giant ball of lava, and one very far out would be so cold the atmosphere freezes onto the surface(like pluto). There would be inbetween states, ofc, like a desert planet or a snowy tundra.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

Thats not a bad idea. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

How does minecraft work again?

Temp and rainfall, right?

Temp we adjust by closeness to the sun +- random distortion
Rainfall we adjust by the size of the planet =- random distortion.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:58 am

Or screw the Biome system and set it as a world constant. Maybe use the Biome system for generating certain things in a world, depending on what kind of world it is.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Danice123 wrote:

Even so, we would need the starting planet to be one of a few "generic" planet types, which most resources are easy to locate on, but they have no specific plentiful resource like other planets.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:56 am

Actually my idea was to have biome specific resources. On desert planets you would have oasis's, on lava planets, iron wood or something, and vary each other resource like that. It would make different planets harder to start on, but those could make up for that by being resource rich later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:43 pm

If you start removing things from minecraft, the mod won't be nearly as popular. Getting rid of permanent light sources, for example, will be more annoying than anything else. And even if you did take out glowstone etc. there would just be redstone lamps powered by torches everywhere. As for the End, if you don't like it, then don't go in there. I personally think that you should just include a massive buildable end portal so you could build ships in there if you really wanted to. There's a lot of potential in having an infinite empty space to build in.

In short, I don't think you should be removing anything from minecraft - there's already an option to disable villages, strongholds, etc. in the vanilla worldgen, and I quite enjoy the 2 villages inside my industrial complex. I'm probably even going to recreate the whole thing in a jungle world once the mod is released.

Edit - the planetwide biome is actually a good idea. If I could live in a mainly jungle world with an ocean and one of the old desert mountain "biomes" from 1.7, I'd be more than pleased.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Well, some of the stuff in current minecraft is garbage, like the End. Why would we need that when we have space, and the materials from there and the Nether will(Maybe) be generated underground and in space. Also, no one will use torches, lightbulbs, or some alternative, is where its at! If people dont like feature removals, then they can either suck it up, or not download. It makes no difference.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 pm

I agree with ACH, people can suck it up if they don't like it. What I'm trying to do with light sources is make the economy more active. If all lights run on fuel, and fuel runs out, new servers will be hugely popular, due to their vast amount of untouched resources. And getting rid of the nether and the end is again for two reasons, one: they are fantasy themed worlds, and this is a Sci-Fi mod and two: SERVER LOAD, there's gonna be a huge amount more running off a server now, and hosting two extra worlds is gonna be a huge waste.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

torches burning out is an idea that you CLEARLY did not think through. Imagine how disastrous that would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Kobialka wrote:
torches burning out is an idea that you CLEARLY did not think through. Imagine how disastrous that would be.
<restrains itself from saying NECRO>

No-one will use torches. Why would you, when you have light bulbs/glowstiks (sic)/lighting panels/bunnies?
Back to top Go down
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
oFTWoHMANoFTWo

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:28 pm

What if you made the option of removing the stuff optional for each server because certain people can run better servers than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feature REMOVAL Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next