Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Nope, im gone

Go down 
+16
Tau
blockman42
Son of Wolves
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
monkeymadxd
Tell
Iv121
lukas_schjodt
Laibach
Emperor_Revan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

What should i make next?
Carrier
Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Corvette
Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Destroyer
Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_lcap23%Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 9 ]
Improve the Raptor-Class Dreadnaught
Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_lcap43%Nope, im gone - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 43% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

Nope, im gone - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Tiel wrote:
I clearly stated that my intent was not to antagonize you. But if you're going to act and type like a five year old..

Here, let me spend some of my own time to circle the errors you made while building it off of memory since you couldn't spare any of yours to make it proper the first time.

Nope, im gone - Page 5 Bridge12

Minor snag, but whatever. The sensor towers are not that high, they should hug the hull of the control tower with the shield globes towering over them.

Half blocks should not extend out, look at the reference picture; the front of the command tower is mostly flat. If you want more detail, make more viewports, which I might complain are not as uniform on the original. Instead, re-arrange them to be more random and spontaneously placed to give the impression of majesty.

Bridge is supposed to be in the middle of the command tower, though I commend you for not putting it where the sensors are, where many believe it's located. In addition, make it bulge out a bit. Imperial bridges tend to basically be that of a Venator's stuck into the command tower design wise, so the front is going to be round and thus, bulge out. Minor concern.

This has to be the least of my issues here. The front of the connection of the command tower to the actual ship is flat, you appear to have angled it on both sides (presumption)

This bugs me the most, really. I beg you to look at the reference photo I posted and compare it to your superstructure here. On an actual Imperial I class ISD, this is essentially four rectangular slabs stacked on one another. In your recreation, they are triangular and slanted in such a way you might as well rename this a Pellaeon class, as that's where the hull thus far is heading. Remember, on ISDs this looks like a layer cake, not a pyramid.

Perhaps I'm coming off as attempting to attack you. The only reason that may be is that I'm interpreting these anomalies as an absence of refs, and as such a lack of effort on your part as the builder which annoys me since this is one of the most grand, feared, and respected ships in Star Wars, and should be treated as such in any attempts to recreate it in any software.

1. Ive actually redone the Sensors completely already

2.temporary. there are actually rooms behind those windows, and ive been already adding more rooms+windows

3.bridge takes up alot of the space up there, and putting it in the middle would take away lots of space that would have been used. though i did not know that the bridge bulged out a bit(haven't gotten any pics close-up of an ISD bridge)

4.at the time it looked nice, but for a while now it has been annoying me impossibly......... until i blew it up and had to redo the whole front neck.

5.even if ref pic it is angled. the way i built it fits with the rest of the ship

6. you have been attacking me relentlessly, and only now have attempted in any way to correct me on the small errors
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm

In the ref pic it is angled, but only slightly and vertically, not horizontally. It's a box on top of a bigger box on top of a bigger box that's on top of the hull, not what you have there.

I dunno. If it fits with the rest of the ship, fine. But don't go and call it an Imperial I, as that is not what it is at the moment. The rest of your ships are clearly inspired by Star Wars, yes, but you have your own unique take on them and some lore that explains it. It seems you started this firm on it being a replica given the name as opposed to your more intuitively titled spacecraft, but then halfway through said "screw it" and applied your own style, which while creative, certainly makes the name rather misleading, wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Tiel wrote:
In the ref pic it is angled, but only slightly and vertically, not horizontally. It's a box on top of a bigger box on top of a bigger box that's on top of the hull, not what you have there.

I dunno. If it fits with the rest of the ship, fine. But don't go and call it an Imperial I, as that is not what it is at the moment. The rest of your ships are clearly inspired by Star Wars, yes, but you have your own unique take on them and some lore that explains it. It seems you started this firm on it being a replica given the name as opposed to your more intuitively titled spacecraft, but then halfway through said "screw it" and applied your own style, which while creative, certainly makes the name rather misleading, wouldn't you agree?

actually, i disagree 99%+1%
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:14 pm

And here we are again with the childish behavior.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Tiel wrote:
And here we are again with the childish behavior.
?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:22 pm

How about you actually address the points I made maturely and in a manner that doesn't butcher the english language instead of downright insulting me for spending a half hour attempting to improve your build?
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Tiel wrote:
How about you actually address the points I made maturely and in a manner that doesn't butcher the english language instead of downright insulting me for spending a half hour attempting to improve your build?
actually, between the time i have been waiting for your posts, i have been working on the ISD.

btw, you seem to be angry, which suprises me as you have insulted me many times now and i have not insulted you
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Everyone stop. This is shouldn't be an issue. Tiel, no-one cares. I'm sorry that you don't like his build, but get over it. Revan, do try to use proper spelling and grammar. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but also get over it. This is getting way too heated for a ship discussion.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Everyone stop. This is shouldn't be an issue. Tiel, no-one cares. I'm sorry that you don't like his build, but get over it. Revan, do try to use proper spelling and grammar. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but also get over it. This is getting way too heated for a ship discussion.
i agree. also for grammar, i am not the most skilled writer
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel, no-one cares. .

Frankly, I don't care. I'm trying to help this guy fix the little errors in his ship and all I'm getting is flak for it. Also, way to stay impartial.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 pm

posted sneak-peak of the Dov-Class SSD
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 pm

That's looking mighty swell cherry
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

just started a major redo of the inside of the Imperial-class, so far im making huge progress
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm

wow...... within 1 hour and 30 mines i have finished rooms for all my ground troops, crew, and pilots. at this rate, i might be done and posting pictures of the full interior
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nope, im gone   Nope, im gone - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nope, im gone
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: