Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Offical Feature Voting Thread.

Go down 
+20
hyperlite
ACH0225
Postronicman
Kielaran
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
mouseman89
Laibach
Commander Kobialka
kniqht152
jman0527
Cool3303
lukas_schjodt
fr0stbyte124
ectrimble20
GroundBurg_Coder13
The Schmetterling
Shiva
Buggy1997123
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 pm

(Shiva, please sticky this)

Seeing as we have yet to come up with a list of planned features in any way shape or form, I have decided to create this thread.

Each member of the developement team, including Shiva(and all other moderators) for those who might not be sure if being a moderator counts(and it does), can propose something(preferable with a somewhat-indepth description) to be added as a offical feature. Every member of the team can then vote a strong no, no, yes, or strong yes on the feature. strong yeses are +2points, strong noes are -2, yeses are 1, and noes are -1.

Each member of the team may vote once. If a feature gets more than +1 points when all votes are tallied together, then it passes as offical. All votes may be changed freely within 24 hours of the original vote, and if anyone wishes to change that vote after the 24 hour period they must create a new post confirming that they are changing it.

Also, I WILL NOT let this thread die, we've been putting this off long enough.

Accepted Features

Rejected Features

Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Stickied, now put some ideas to vote on in it.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Shiva wrote:
Thank you.

Alright... ideas...

I propose that there should be a form of lifesupport and the requirement for it other than just for not dieing in space.

For example, some planets could have a inhospitable atmosphere or be too hot or cold, so energy or air tanks could be required to stay on the surface for more then a very short period of time. The energy and/or air tanks could be stored in a sort of exoenviroment(aka space) suit. Space would obiviously require both, being that it is both almost completely airless, and (in a way)cold. Radiation could be another factor, but depending on how advanced the exoenviroment suit is that could also be shielded at the cost of energy.

Voting begins now.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:56 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Shiva wrote:
Thank you.

Alright... ideas...

I propose that there should be a form of lifesupport and the requirement for it other than just for not dieing in space.

For example, some planets could have a inhospitable atmosphere or be too hot or cold, so energy or air tanks could be required to stay on the surface for more then a very short period of time. The energy and/or air tanks could be stored in a sort of exoenviroment(aka space) suit. Space would obiviously require both, being that it is both almost completely airless, and (in a way)cold. Radiation could be another factor, but depending on how advanced the exoenviroment suit is that could also be shielded at the cost of energy.

Voting begins now.

So essentially, you're suggesting adding a space suit/ exo-suit?

If the answer to that is yes, then you have my support, in fact, I even have a texture for an exo-suit.

Random thing: when I pasted that into Word, it said I should of changed my 'have" into a "has". What has the English language come to?
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
Shiva wrote:
Thank you.

Alright... ideas...

Voting begins now.

So essentially, you're suggesting adding a space suit/ exo-suit?

If the answer to that is yes, then you have my support, in fact, I even have a texture for an exo-suit.

Random thing: when I pasted that into Word, it said I should of changed my 'have" into a "has". What has the English language come to?

Ok, but what's your vote? +1 or +2?
Back to top Go down
GroundBurg_Coder13
GroundBurg_Coder13

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 am

I would say strong yes [ +2 ] to the space/ exosuit on the reason how can one be in space and not be required to have a space suit on a ship? That would just be preposterous.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am

GroundBurg_Coder13 wrote:
I would say strong yes [ +2 ] to the space/ exosuit on the reason how can one be in space and not be required to have a space suit on a ship? That would just be preposterous.

Well, there would be space suits anyway, but normally all planets would be habitable and suits would only need air tanks, my idea is that some planets arn't habitable and that suits need air for some planets and space and energy for too hot/cold climates or radiation.
Back to top Go down
GroundBurg_Coder13
GroundBurg_Coder13

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:

Well, there would be space suits anyway, but normally all planets would be habitable and suits would only need air tanks, my idea is that some planets arn't habitable and that suits need air for some planets and space and energy for too hot/cold climates or radiation.

I see your point, though couldn't just one suit be created and let it be THE environmental suit. used as both space clothing and harsh climate areas? (many games have them one and the same... mass effect, KOTOR, Halo, deadspace, republic commando, etc.)
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm going to agree with GroundBurg on this.

I'd say a +2 for the suits, definitely, but I think we need 3 total. All capable of environmental travel between hospitable and inhospitable but each suit having different strength levels.

The way I have my new armor suits setup is basically CarbonFiber (cheap, weak), Composite Fiber (relatively cheap, moderately strong), Alloy (costly, not absurdly, but quite effective). Each suit will be capable of space and terrestrial use, but the alloy suit will be slower due to the weight of the suit.

Anyway, keep the ideas comming, we still need ship, power, space, planets, items, weapons, french fries, pizzas, and various other items of interest to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
I'm going to agree with GroundBurg on this.

I'd say a +2 for the suits, definitely, but I think we need 3 total. All capable of environmental travel between hospitable and inhospitable but each suit having different strength levels.

The way I have my new armor suits setup is basically CarbonFiber (cheap, weak), Composite Fiber (relatively cheap, moderately strong), Alloy (costly, not absurdly, but quite effective). Each suit will be capable of space and terrestrial use, but the alloy suit will be slower due to the weight of the suit.

Anyway, keep the ideas comming, we still need ship, power, space, planets, items, weapons, french fries, pizzas, and various other items of interest to discuss.

Alright, but we should finish this suggestion first, if we get 1 more +1 or +2 vote it will pass.
Back to top Go down
GroundBurg_Coder13
GroundBurg_Coder13

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 am

I propose magnets and/or anything magnetic:

Main thing i'm thinking of with this is maglock doors and the magnetic extractor.

Maglock is self-explanatory for any sci-fi thing: large door with a magnetic seal ( top half and bottom half)

magnetic extractor: a more efficient use of stone / cobblestone, where ore ( metals) dust can be taken from a pile of stone to be smelted and put to use else where. eg. 12 stone = 1 iron dust pile = 1 ingot.
Each block would have a random ore variable dictating what dust would be extracted. the extractor would keep the amount of blocks that were taken in that produced a specific dust and then only output 1 dust after the amount has reached 12.

Yay? Nay?
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:07 am

GroundBurg_Coder13 wrote:
I propose magnets and/or anything magnetic:

Main thing i'm thinking of with this is maglock doors and the magnetic extractor.

Maglock is self-explanatory for any sci-fi thing: large door with a magnetic seal ( top half and bottom half)

magnetic extractor: a more efficient use of stone / cobblestone, where ore ( metals) dust can be taken from a pile of stone to be smelted and put to use else where. eg. 12 stone = 1 iron dust pile = 1 ingot.
Each block would have a random ore variable dictating what dust would be extracted. the extractor would keep the amount of blocks that were taken in that produced a specific dust and then only output 1 dust after the amount has reached 12.

Yay? Nay?

I say +2, but might I suggest a change? Cobblestone and stone contains a random amount of random ores. When you want to get it out, you put it through a magnetic separator, which extracts and stores various ore dusts, up to a total maximum. It can then smelt the dust into ingots with a power source and/or fuel source. Each cobblestone and stone block has between .25 and .5 ingots worth of dust total, and the exact amount of individual dust types depends on ore rarity.

It could also process ore blocks at a higher efficincy, between 2.5 and 7 ingots worth of dust per ore of the type of dust. It could also extract at most .3 ingots worth of other ore types in each ore block, with similar dust(ex, gold from iron ore) being more common.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 am

I vote +1 to needing suits in space. It is easy enough to calculate if you treat air and vacuum as things which can expand infinitely.

-1 to the extraction thing. While not a bad idea, per se, it is getting awfully close to what industrialcraft/buildcraft does. I would like to see something more unique and thematic if we are going to be doing this. The chance of extracting bonus ores is a decent idea, but that alone is not enough.

It's a big deal to me that we don't copy the playing experience or mechanics of other mods any more than we have to. I don't want people to describe FutureCraft as "Like X but with space ships".
It ought to stand completely apart from the crowd. Since we are putting so much effort into this I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I vote +1 to needing suits in space. It is easy enough to calculate if you treat air and vacuum as things which can expand infinitely.

-1 to the extraction thing. While not a bad idea, per se, it is getting awfully close to what industrialcraft/buildcraft does. I would like to see something more unique and thematic if we are going to be doing this. The chance of extracting bonus ores is a decent idea, but that alone is not enough.

It's a big deal to me that we don't copy the playing experience or mechanics of other mods any more than we have to. I don't want people to describe FutureCraft as "Like X but with space ships".
It ought to stand completely apart from the crowd. Since we are putting so much effort into this I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation.

i agree even being new to futurecraft i can see it will become something big. better than aether (and i have loved aether for a long time. but this mod makes it look like newbies first mod)
Back to top Go down
GroundBurg_Coder13
GroundBurg_Coder13

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Who all has read the Star Wars novels?

Im suggesting that something similar to the interdictor cruiser be added (technology wise, not the actual ship), where a ship with the technology can create a gravity well and can pull ships out of hyperspace.

This could be a defense mechanism and an ambush mechanism so that you can defend your space ( Im questioning whether space lanes will be added to interserval travel) so that you can prevent enemies from coming out of hyperspace right on top of your planet. Also, pirates can wreck havoc on ships because they would know they'd be pulled out until they were under the cannons of pirates
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:03 am

First thing strong yes to suits++
Second thing My Idea is to add Alien Race which can be played by really players and not as NPCs (Like in PLayer Model API)
Third thing Weapons with which can be made bigger than one block by just touching another weapon (1 laser Block put another one at it and you got 1 2block big laser)
Fourth thing (sorry I have to much Ideas in my head) Doors which open automatically but only for certain players (ok maybe everyone is the certain player)
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:27 am

I didn't realize there were new posts in here.

@GroundBurg_Coder13
Inter-system warps are going to be handled by warp gates, probably, so there won't be much of people jumping right on top of you. Haven't decided on intra-system travel yet, so maybe we'll have some way of keeping a ship from running. Interesting though.

@Cool3303
No to the aliens. We've been over this. For aliens to work, we can't do it half-way, and we're not prepared to make that kind of commitment to the idea. At least for now.
You'll be able to add things to weapons to make them stronger, though not in the way you are describing. I'm thinking we will make pistons work that way, though, in the mechanisms pack.
Scripting via computer interface will be possible late in development. You could make door controls then.

Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 am

Sad Sad Sad Sorry Aliens can't Save you

Okay Another Idea would Be To make an Flat Dimension which will Be an building Hall for Ships (just an Flat bedrock ground)
I don't know much about such stuf but it should Be easy To create (Cause you got no Terrain generation) and will definetively Be Useful Cause you wouldn't have To build an Giant Hangar or Flat something.
Maybe you can Port this Ship in The normal Dimension without Huge Energy amounts To make this more useable

Last edited by Cool3303 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jman0527

PostSubject: Space Minning   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi I have been following the development of this amazing looking mod just about since its creation but i have never taken a active role. now i am going to. my idea would be for minning vessels. anyone who plays eve will know about this. it would be a vessel of any size but has a special weapon desighned to mine from astroids. you could make it so this is one of the first shipps you build and you need it to build the more advanced ships by getting ores found only in space. this would mean you have to balance your building of combat and econ ships. also so players cant just outright build a super dreadnaught. also on the equitment there could be a small miner a large miner and then a strip miner and minning robots small and large would just bore holes in astroids and strips would rip out layer after layer. minning bots could deploy to the surface somehow and mine like players then come dump the materials on the ship when the inventory is full. perhaps using the exosuit you could deploy on the astroid too.
Back to top Go down
kniqht152

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:35 pm

I think this was discussed in another thread but really it should prolly belong here. Teleporters! NORMAL Star-trek-style teleporters which would have a distance dependent on how much energy you could route to them and would require active teleporter pads on both receiving and sending side with shields powered down. This would prevent players from abusing it but still allow players to easily transport materials or personnel from the surface or another ship when needed.

Example.

Nav: Captain, the crew of the Barlogherpaderp are requesting assistance, the life support on their ship is failing and they have many wounded.
Captain: Understood, prepare a boarding party tell them to bring mechanical supplies, alert medical that they will have guest, drop shields when ready to transport.

whacha think?

EDIT

OR we can make them ship-to-ship stargates, the only gates that would show up on the DHD would be the ships in range.....
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:06 am

kniqht152 wrote:
I think this was discussed in another thread but really it should prolly belong here. Teleporters! NORMAL Star-trek-style teleporters which would have a distance dependent on how much energy you could route to them and would require active teleporter pads on both receiving and sending side with shields powered down. This would prevent players from abusing it but still allow players to easily transport materials or personnel from the surface or another ship when needed.

Example.

Nav: Captain, the crew of the Barlogherpaderp are requesting assistance, the life support on their ship is failing and they have many wounded.
Captain: Understood, prepare a boarding party tell them to bring mechanical supplies, alert medical that they will have guest, drop shields when ready to transport.

whacha think?

EDIT

OR we can make them ship-to-ship stargates, the only gates that would show up on the DHD would be the ships in range.....

We will probably re-name Stargates and such...
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 pm

I have a pretty good idea for a (sort of) life support system. I propose a new ship that can tereform. When it finds a hospitable area on a planet or just a hospitable planet in general, it can change it's atmosphere. It stays in the planets atmosphere for a few (real time) hours and slowly starts to cover the planet in topsoil, then different kinds of plant saplings, and about 15 minutes after all the plants have grown.... POOF! The planet is safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:15 pm

wait, groundburg coder had my ore extraction idea before I did?

damn it

also I like the idea of terraforming, but not planet wide

and not necessarily domes, just...

well it's complicated
Back to top Go down
mouseman89

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:14 am

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
wait, groundburg coder had my ore extraction idea before I did?

damn it

also I like the idea of terraforming, but not planet wide

and not necessarily domes, just...

well it's complicated

like if you were just able to terraform an entire biome to a specific size, depending on how good, and what kind of equipment your using?

maybe a max size of a 5x5-15x15 chunk area?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:21 am

maybe, I was thinking something more along the lines of the build craft custom quarry size, but with a limit, and an exponential growth in power the bigger you make the area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Offical Feature Voting Thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next