Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sad News from Kobialka

Go down 
+8
The Schmetterling
Dux Tell31
Delta
Tiel+
Keon
Buggy1997123
Grand Imperial Thunder
Commander Kobialka
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Sad News from Kobialka Empty
PostSubject: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:00 pm

All my Minecraft worlds have been lost for reasons I do not wish to discuss. My construction of the dreadnought: Nyx, from Eve Online, in Minecraft has ended. That is not all. Three adventure maps have been lost and I have to start all over... Sad I will not be building ships for a while. I will be working my butt off trying to finish these adventure maps... AGAIN. Of course... none of you care... after the third comment, you will all go off-topic and there will be no going back. I'm really mourning over the loss of several months of work on these adventure maps though... I think I will go build something beautiful now... like a L4D map in Minecraft... That should take my mind off things... Just thought I should post this here...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Hey, sorry to hear you lost such good things.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Damn that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 pm

That's terrible! Do you mind if I ask what happened?
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Keon wrote:
That's terrible! Do you mind if I ask what happened?

Got reckless with my downloading... I have so many viruses... my windows wont even let me update. So, I recovered my computer to it's second to first log-on. Sad So far, everything works better. lol. need to stop downloading things.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 pm

You don't need to stop DLing things, you just need to show more discretion on as to what you download and where from. And then get a decent AV like Avast Free. Regardless, sorry to hear that. MC could use more decent adventure maps.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
You don't need to stop DLing things, you just need to show more discretion on as to what you download and where from. And then get a decent AV like Avast Free. Regardless, sorry to hear that. MC could use more decent adventure maps.

Well... sadly the ones I was working on are taking forever because it takes place in space. I build space stations in the map and the way you get around is a small pod that you get at the beginning that requires zeppelin mod. You can enter certain rooms in the stations that will have mission signs. You go on the missions and get gold at the end. The gold can be used to buy new, bigger, better ships. It was becoming a pretty good rpg adventure map until when I had to recover my computer. I see this as an opportunity though. I am going to build cities, and planets, I will add more stations and better looking ships and turrets. Like most rpg's, there will be a story line at the beginning but almost no-where else. Very Happy Just posting this is giving me more ideas! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 pm

i'm sorry about your loss of worlds... however i have a suggestion: back your saves and other important documents to an external storage device(USB external hard-drive etc.)

P.S. not sure if you thought about that yet...
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

shpenney wrote:
i'm sorry about your loss of worlds... however i have a suggestion: back your saves and other important documents to an external storage device(USB external hard-drive etc.)

P.S. not sure if you thought about that yet...

good idea! I have a drive I never use so... That just made my day lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:17 pm

You know, you should ask the Futurecraft community for some help with this by, say submitting space stations and other stuff like that.

On another note, I'm sorry to here about what happened. I would have a heart attack if that happened to me.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 am

I to know what it feels like to lose a loved world....

It is a traumatic experience.

Although, in my case, how my world destroyed itself was pretty spectacular, in that way only the old, buggy Minecraft could manage...

My God, how sad are we? It's just a bunch of zeros and ones. And we idolize it.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 am

hey, my life has nothing better to offer

that sucks, I remember I accidentally deleted a tone of my worlds 'cause I thought they were junk

and another my brother deleted

if you have enough money getting a good, cheap-ish SSD and just back up your saves on that
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:

that sucks, I remember I accidentally deleted a tone of my worlds 'cause I thought they were junk

if you have enough money getting a good, cheap-ish SSD and just back up your saves on that

All the Minecraft worlds used to be connected in some way. Once, I deleted a world by accident and ended up finding it an hour later in a new world XD
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 pm

I know... that was really wierd

I had one little village in a valley that respawned like 5 times o-O
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 pm

I remember that.

I had an epic world, hugely developed. Then my sister deleted it. So I started a new world in that slot, and tried to rebuild. I had competely new terrain. But after a while, I got bored, so I took a boat. Suddenly, in random chunks, completely different terrain appeared. Where one side was sea, the other was a straight cliff up to a forest. Shrugging, I continued along this chunk wall. eventually, there was an ocean in the other chunks, but it was strange. It had a bridge over it. It had my bridge over it. I noticed that I was getting 10 fps, much worse than normal. Anyway, I went to my house, and my framerate got even worse. I pludnered all of my goods, then decided to get out of there before I crashed the game. Anyway, the lag was now so intense that I hit a pillar of my bridge and went underwater. I was dragged down and could now swim because of the lag. I drowned right under the bridge I built and had forgotten 6 months earlier. I kept looking every once and a while at my bridge, and each time there was lag. I don't know what happened, but I believe it was the work of Herobrine or a bug in coding.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 pm

cheapish SSD? I don't believe it. Mine cost like $150 as compared to a similar sized normal drive priced at $30. Not cheapish at all.

Though a great investment. Not something I would back stuff up onto though, since when you backup your looking for storage space, not speed. Get a terebyte or two regular hard drive for the same price as a 120GB SSD. WAYY better for backing stuff up.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Danice123 wrote:

cheapish SSD? I don't believe it. Mine cost like $150 as compared to a similar sized normal drive priced at $30. Not cheapish at all.

Though a great investment. Not something I would back stuff up onto though, since when you backup your looking for storage space, not speed. Get a terebyte or two regular hard drive for the same price as a 120GB SSD. WAYY better for backing stuff up.

no, I mean cheap as relative to other SSDs

there's one on sale for 60$ I think (30gb :/)

I'm just saying they're the best thing for backup, won't really die, ever.

Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Keon wrote:
I remember that.

I had an epic world, hugely developed. Then my sister deleted it. So I started a new world in that slot, and tried to rebuild. I had competely new terrain. But after a while, I got bored, so I took a boat. Suddenly, in random chunks, completely different terrain appeared. Where one side was sea, the other was a straight cliff up to a forest. Shrugging, I continued along this chunk wall. eventually, there was an ocean in the other chunks, but it was strange. It had a bridge over it. It had my bridge over it. I noticed that I was getting 10 fps, much worse than normal. Anyway, I went to my house, and my framerate got even worse. I pludnered all of my goods, then decided to get out of there before I crashed the game. Anyway, the lag was now so intense that I hit a pillar of my bridge and went underwater. I was dragged down and could now swim because of the lag. I drowned right under the bridge I built and had forgotten 6 months earlier. I kept looking every once and a while at my bridge, and each time there was lag. I don't know what happened, but I believe it was the work of Herobrine or a bug in coding.

If it was the work of herobrine... then herobrine is a good guy. The world I lost and found again had my favorite mine in it! Of course, I did suspect herobrine. Fearing that it would corrupt my other worlds, I deleted it and have not had the same encounter since...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:22 pm

SSDs are more limited than Hard Drives in that capacity. They have a limited read/writes to the point that companies must offer guarantees on as to their effective lifespans, which is crap because if it does break down you're still losing your data, regardless.

It isn't entirely feasible to buy a hard drive at this point anyway because of the flooding in Thai manufacturers are using to excuse exorbitant HDD prices
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Kobialka wrote:

All the Minecraft worlds used to be connected in some way. Once, I deleted a world by accident and ended up finding it an hour later in a new world XD

The same thing happened to me. I was going "ouer igldr klrd kscs kh kushuj????????!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

The same thing happened to me. I was going "ouer igldr klrd kscs kh kushuj????????!!!!!!!!"

Is that Canadian?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Irish.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm

It's greek to me.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

It's British.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

welsh is teh pwnzorz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad News from Kobialka   Sad News from Kobialka Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad News from Kobialka
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next