Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)

Go down 
+5
The Schmetterling
ectrimble20
MonsterTeddy
fr0stbyte124
Buggy1997123
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 am

So, been a while since I've done a update, so I have a few things for you guys.

First off, Eloraam has recently(read: less than 16 hours ago) released Redpower Prerelease 5, which amoung a number of things, includes a fully emulated 6502(?) processor(block). It has 8k of inbuilt memory, with external expansions that can bring that up to 64k. It runs a custom operating system(made by Eloraam, ofc) and can be programmed in FORTH; but there's no reason someone can't write their own operating system. Again, its fully emulated, so its completely possible to write a enterpreter for any language, and even use enterpreters that already exist for FOURTH. It's output is a text-screen, and 16 bits(in the form of redstone) per bus, 128 bits if you don't want to reuse bundle colors, and virtually unlimited bits if you do. I'm also fairly certain it can be used to light fires if you run a hcf.

A new mod, Thaumcraft 2, is easily one of the most polished mods in existence. High-resolution textures, smooth animation, particle, and sound effects abound. It isn't a polished turd either, it includes a multitude of unique items and mechanics to play with as well.

We plan to ask the developer of Thaumcraft 2 to join the development team once he is less busy with Thaumcraft 2, and once we have more to show than under the hood work.

And finally, seeing as our music dev has apparently quit, I have taken up the job! Thats right everyone, I'm no longer going to be a cancerous lump on the dev team's back, I'm going to do something!
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Heres my first song, its a work in progress obviously, but decent enough to show.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Heres my first song, its a work in progress obviously, but decent enough to show.

Wow...

Just....

Wow...

It's good, but not what we are after.

I want the songs to be emotional and non-electronic, More orchestral.

My advice: less repetition, add a melody and more actual (computer generated) instruments.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Space != electric. It equals orchestral, with a bit of electric. Let me see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 am

Keon wrote:
Space != electric. It equals orchistral, with a bit of electric. Let me see what I can do.

Keon, what happened to your spelling?

Yes, you see what you can do.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

Wow...

Just....

Wow...

It's good, but not what we are after.

I want the songs to be emotional and non-electronic, More orchestral.

My advice: less repetition, add a melody and more actual (computer generated) instruments.
I wasn't sure what style you wanted, so I figured I'd just make a song and see what you said. And about the electronic thing: crap. The software I use on the 3ds has 2 varieties... electronic and orchestracal... guess what one I got... I guess I'll figure out how to get the orchestracal version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)   Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buggy's Musical Dev. Log(and other stuff too)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2