Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

dropship idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 pm

I had an idea for dropships. I have a dreadnought with a pretty huge cargo bay that will have ground forces, like tanks, and air forces, like fighters, I was wondering if the tanks and fighters could be craftable? that would make everything easier. When you sit in the commanders chair, the ship becomes an entity, and is flyable, everything in the cargo bay of a drop ship would become part of that entity. If anyone tried to drive anything in the cargo bay while the ship is being commanded from the captains chair, it would, at most, cause the game to crash, and at least create a duplication glitch. To make the duplication glitch worse, if crash physics were ever put in, the entire ship would... well.... EXPLODE. If the tanks and planes and stuff were craftable, and would stay in the same place in the cargo bay, without becoming part of the ship entity, while the ship was moving, there would not be problems... was this already considered? I really did not want to set up a bunch of wires and pistons that disconnected from things in the cargo bay... as less experienced fighter pilots might crash and make the driver, in my imagination, me, mad when he/she saw a big hole in the cargo bay where the fighter crashed. lol! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Anything smaller than a dropship will be an entity, don't worry. I don't understand why people have such small dropships though anyway, these things are supposed to be big enough to wage war on a surface. So carrying two people down and one vehicle isn't exactly ideal. I believe dropships should be as large as a corvette by Mackeroth's old definitions.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Rodia and Ithor-class are roughly based off LAAT/i's and LAAT/c's, from Star Wars. They aren't supposed to be big enough to wage war on the surface (I would call that a 'gunship'). All they do is land something really fast and take off again. I will probably eventually get around to making something like a C-9979 transport, which (I think) is more like what you're thinking of. It is still relatively lightly armed, but it carries an entire platoon of tanks or a company/regiment of infantry. I would call that a 'landing craft'.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Rodia and Ithor-class are roughly based off LAAT/i's and LAAT/c's, from Star Wars. They aren't supposed to be big enough to wage war on the surface (I would call that a 'gunship'). All they do is land something really fast and take off again. I will probably eventually get around to making something like a C-9979 transport, which (I think) is more like what you're thinking of. It is still relatively lightly armed, but it carries an entire platoon of tanks or a company/regiment of infantry. I would call that a 'landing craft'.

true but those drop ships do have quite a bit of fire power seeing those turrets on the wings, and missile launchers on the top, those things are pretty beast and I would rather pilot one of those than a frigate!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Kobialka wrote:

true but those drop ships do have quite a bit of fire power seeing those turrets on the wings, and missile launchers on the top, those things are pretty beast and I would rather pilot one of those than a frigate!
LAAT/i's are rather... excessively armed. LAAT stands for Low Altitude Assault Transport, and they focus more on 'Assault' then they do on 'Transport'. They have 4 beam turrets (2 manned and 2 remote), 3 laser turrets, 2 heavy rocket launchers, and 2 magazines of light air-to-air missiles. They also carry a platoon of clones and 4 military speeder bikes. They would probably fit into the 'gunship' category. Ithor-class is much more lightly armed, and thus is firmly a 'dropship', at least according to my scale.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Kobialka wrote:

LAAT/i's are rather... excessively armed. LAAT stands for Low Altitude Assault Transport, and they focus more on 'Assault' then they do on 'Transport'. They have 4 beam turrets (2 manned and 2 remote), 3 laser turrets, 2 heavy rocket launchers, and 2 magazines of light air-to-air missiles. They also carry a platoon of clones and 4 military speeder bikes. They would probably fit into the 'gunship' category. Ithor-class is much more lightly armed, and thus is firmly a 'dropship', at least according to my scale.
if they ever add gunships to the mod then they will probably have npc's rather than players because there will probably not be enough players right?
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 am

Kobialka wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

if they ever add gunships to the mod then they will probably have npc's rather than players because there will probably not be enough players right?
don't know
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm

C-9979? Is that the Sentinel? Nope, google says otherwise. And yeah, the Trade Federation landing craft is what I'm thinking of here. I plan to do the same once I can be bothered to start up MC again ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dropship idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropship idea   dropship idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dropship idea
Page 1 of 1