Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Java beginners guide/introduction

Go down 
2 posters

Did this teach you anything? (not you frostbyte)
yes
Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_lcap0%Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
yes, but it was hard to follow and/or lacking in detail
Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_lcap60%Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
meh.
Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_lcap0%Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
no, but it seems like it could be helpful
 0% [ 0 ]
no
 0% [ 0 ]
lolLLllz I are teh HaaxxorX I needsss lgitnih
Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_lcap20%Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
no, I am frostbyte/cascaid and should be teaching YOU
Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_lcap20%Java beginners guide/introduction Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Java beginners guide/introduction Empty
PostSubject: Java beginners guide/introduction   Java beginners guide/introduction Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 pm

THIS IS UNFINISHED. I'M JUST TOO LAZY TO SAVE IT TO MY COMPUTER.

Alright, I had a conversation with a new guy named icywolverine that inspired me to make this, I don't pretend to know a lot on the subject, but i can decently code, and I know basic program structure a bit

Basically, this is for people who don't now where to start, and aren't sure what you need. first of all, and most importantly, computers talk in numbers, if you don't know basic math, you WILL NOT be able to learn any coding language, except maybe labview, but I'm not talking about that

also algebra is essential, I just can't think of any specific examples right now, other than, of course, almost every advanced function you will ever write is expressed in numbers.

on to the.. introductory thing? tutorial? whatever.

the very basic of all coding languages is the transfer of information, that's essentially all you are doing, even minecraft just tells the screen to display things, and store certain things for later use. for thos of you that want to know, iformation is processed by transistors, which, electronically, have 2 inputs and one output, kinda of like a "T"

another thing you should know is that the smallest unit of computer information is a bit. A bit can be either 1 or 0. eight bits make up a byte, which is usually used as for a given space of memory

also, the terms you will see in (I think) every modern language, possibly every computer programming language, are the following.

Spoiler:

if you don't understand something, which is very likely, i suck at writing structure, say so in the comments and ill change it

Last edited by CoalMiningAlchemist on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Java beginners guide/introduction   Java beginners guide/introduction Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:29 pm

May want to import this into word and right click the squigglies Wink

It was a bit helpful, I kinda hope you expand on it.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Java beginners guide/introduction   Java beginners guide/introduction Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 pm

'course I will, I typed most of this up in an adrenaline fueled 5 minutes

should be better tomorrow

EDIT: damn, I forgot I don't have word on this computer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Java beginners guide/introduction   Java beginners guide/introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Java beginners guide/introduction
Page 1 of 1