Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

FreeSpace 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

FreeSpace 2 Empty
PostSubject: FreeSpace 2   FreeSpace 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 am

Recently, I have discovered a game known as FreeSpace 2. It was released in 1999, but had EXTREMELY bad timing. The reason I bring it up is because the combat in the game seems VERY similar to what we are going to do with our combat.

The scale of these ships?

Well, the one in the beginning of the video that got lasered is about the size of a Dreadnought, the one that hit it, an Assault Ship (Most likely bigger) and the one at the end of the video... I'll put it into a new catagory,

Juggernaut Class.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

FreeSpace 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FreeSpace 2   FreeSpace 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:43 am

Well its a super destroyer class and you can see it in my ship designs (Last entry) though I'm not sure the scale is entirly true (probably scaled down as a small fighter in this game is a 3x5x3 while my docking bay on that ship is even smaller...

It won't be easy to import them full scale into Minecraft as the blown ship for example (GTD Orion) is actually 2km long ! It's 2000 blocks if you consider a block as 1m .

In this game a Juggernaut class ship like the GTVA Colossus is 6 km long ...

EDIT: They actually give you some info about the scale in one of the scenes here:

Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

FreeSpace 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FreeSpace 2   FreeSpace 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm

[quote="Iv121"]Well its a super destroyer class and you can see it in my ship designs (Last entry) though I'm not sure the scale is entirly true (probably scaled down as a small fighter in this game is a 3x5x3 while my docking bay on that ship is even smaller...

It won't be easy to import them full scale into Minecraft as the blown ship for example (GTD Orion) is actually 2km long ! It's 2000 blocks if you consider a block as 1m .

In this game a Juggernaut class ship like the GTVA Colossus is 6 km long ...

EDIT: They actually give you some info about the scale in one of the scenes here:

FUN FACT: Minecraft's oceans can spawn up to 40km long! I DID NOT BELIEVE IT WHEN I HEARD IT EITHER! HOLY HJABSFJ,HsDU,ICZSBCZBXJDUDFKJXVCXA
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

FreeSpace 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FreeSpace 2   FreeSpace 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm

[quote="Kobialka"]
Iv121 wrote:

FUN FACT: Minecraft's oceans can spawn up to 40km long! I DID NOT BELIEVE IT WHEN I HEARD IT EITHER! HOLY HJABSFJ,HsDU,ICZSBCZBXJDUDFKJXVCXA

I did when I spawned in one. It took me so long until I gave up and just descended into a underground cavern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FreeSpace 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FreeSpace 2   FreeSpace 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FreeSpace 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: