Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Does Portal suck?

Go down 
+2
Laibach
Tiel+
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Is it just me, or is this game boring as the nether? I think I had high expectations going in, but I also thought this would be a fairly fun puzzle game and thus far has never failed to disappoint. Combine that with repetitive gameplay and dull environments, I fail to see the appeal of the game. What is it?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:34 pm

the core gameplay, and the free steam add-ons

its pretty old, or are you playing the second?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 pm

First, I have 2 sitting on my desk but haven't played it yet. Was kinda hoping Portal would provide some backstory. At the rate I'm going I'll complete the first within the day..
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I beat it in less than 2 hours, its really short
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm

It's a good game. How dare you insult it? It's short, yes. Play the 2nd. It has more plot and stuff.
Back to top Go down
r2fart2
r2fart2

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:01 pm

The first portal is awesome.
the second had a slightly better plot than the first but it was to hard (at least for me).
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Keon wrote:
It's a good game. How dare you insult it? It's short, yes. Play the 2nd. It has more plot and stuff.

I'm still working my way through the first. It's a bit fun, I'll admit, but I don't understand all the hype.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:09 pm

It's original, which is rare in anything these days
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Well, on to Portal 2. The Still Alive song was great though.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:29 am

I liked portal 2, It was well designed. The rooms all looked quite similar as it's problematic to make vareity in such as game, so I liked the part you go to the old Aperture compound. The escape was graphically well designed but lacked the puzzles the boring rooms had. GLaDOS and Wheatley adds some color to those rooms.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:11 am

It's fun but it is being sorely underutilized. They go to all of that work to make a cool engine and then they have just two short (albeit highly polished) campaigns worth of content. This is the sort of game Valve could periodically release downloadable content for, or open up a marketplace for user-created maps.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 am

Portal uses source engine which is used in so many games like Half-life, Counter strike, Team fortress ... If there is one thing you can't say about valve is that they don't know how to utilize their engine .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 am

Portal was a demo of the Source engine, I think. HL2 was the first to fully utilize it, and then they remade CounterStrike to use it. Then came TF2 and gmod..
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm

I've made progress in portal 2. Damn, this game is AWESOME! I got up to the part where Wheatley did his thing, unfortunately I got stuck during The Escape level and went on YT...needless the say, the related videos spoiled it for me. Falling down the pit with potatoglad0s now..
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:07 pm

The fun part , warriety awaits Smile It was also one of the challanging in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Just finished it. Love Glad0s Very Happy

Damn, what did I do before I played Portal? Why must Valve make their games so short D:
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm

I know D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Does Portal suck? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Portal suck?   Does Portal suck? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Portal suck?
Page 1 of 1