Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

+ Gravity +

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MineCrak

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Alright, I've finally returned from my mission at the heart of the Empire with new Tech Schematics! Wink

Alright Doc; I told you that I would be doing what I could to secure the needed Gravity tech required for this Project, and I have!! Very Happy

I have spoken with Ivorius (author of GravityCraft) and MineT3485 (Author of MineUp!) who have just teamed up to join their Gravity-manipulation methods and engines together. They have already pulled off miracles in the field of Minecraftian Gravity Manipulation and have the tech to pull off even greater miracles.

* As a result of these communications; as they work to combine and add on to their Gravity Engine, they will be working on making a Cubic Chunks & FutureCraft compatible version of it! Very Happy This will allow us/you to easily add whatever Gravity effects that are needed, such as Zero G in orbit/space, artificial gravity generators for ships etc.

In fact; MineT now has the ability to rotate blocks/entities etc in any direction so as to align them with an arbitrary gravity direction! Combined with Ivorious's Gravity tech it actually will become possible to create either two-sided gravity wells (like a 2-sided gravity well with a flat surface at the center) or a Cubic moon or Planet with each side having everything aligned appropriately to itself!

That's right, Cube Planets and Moons should become possible!! Very Happy

Here is a taste of the Gravity effects possible ( A mini-cube world), it doesn't have MineT's reoriented blocks in it but that will come later with the merging:

Well, I hope this helps the Project achieve it's goals that much sooner. There is still much work to be done concerning the Gravity aspects but now you have more solid data on what is/will be possible to be accomplished in FutureCraft once the new engine is ready and compatible. I have also informed Robinton of all this so that he will be ready to assist them with the compatibility issues. Smile

** Please everybody stop by the Gravity thread and say hi to Ivorious and MineT. Let them know how important all of this is to you all and how much you appreciate their help with this Project! And let them know MineCrak sent you. Wink

Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 6:02 pm

MineCrak wrote:
Alright, I've finally returned from my mission at the heart of the Empire with new Tech Schematics! Wink

Alright Doc; I told you that I would be doing what I could to secure the needed Gravity tech required for this Project, and I have!! Very Happy

I have spoken with Ivorius (author of GravityCraft) and MineT3485 (Author of MineUp!) who have just teamed up to join their Gravity-manipulation methods and engines together. They have already pulled off miracles in the field of Minecraftian Gravity Manipulation and have the tech to pull off even greater miracles.

* As a result of these communications; as they work to combine and add on to their Gravity Engine, they will be working on making a Cubic Chunks & FutureCraft compatible version of it! Very Happy This will allow us/you to easily add whatever Gravity effects that are needed, such as Zero G in orbit/space, artificial gravity generators for ships etc.

In fact; MineT now has the ability to rotate blocks/entities etc in any direction so as to align them with an arbitrary gravity direction! Combined with Ivorious's Gravity tech it actually will become possible to create either two-sided gravity wells (like a 2-sided gravity well with a flat surface at the center) or a Cubic moon or Planet with each side having everything aligned appropriately to itself!

That's right, Cube Planets and Moons should become possible!! Very Happy

Here is a taste of the Gravity effects possible ( A mini-cube world), it doesn't have MineT's reoriented blocks in it but that will come later with the merging:

Well, I hope this helps the Project achieve it's goals that much sooner. There is still much work to be done concerning the Gravity aspects but now you have more solid data on what is/will be possible to be accomplished in FutureCraft once the new engine is ready and compatible. I have also informed Robinton of all this so that he will be ready to assist them with the compatibility issues. Smile

** Please everybody stop by the Gravity thread and say hi to Ivorious and MineT. Let them know how important all of this is to you all and how much you appreciate their help with this Project! And let them know MineCrak sent you. Wink

Isn't it incredible how the modding of Minecraft has evolved? First there were mainly only server mods, then came the simple item adding mods. After a while the advanced mods like IC and RP and BC came out, and now we are in the phase where the very physics of Minecraftia are being changed.

Amazing work MineCrak, this could finally solve the problems with planets.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 pm

I'll be quite interested in seeing how they accomplished this. Mostly I'm interested in what this would mean for cubic planets. I had said earlier such a thing would be infeasible from a gameplay standpoint, but this demonstration is doing wonders against my incredulity. So we'll see.

A quick correction to something you said on the Gravity thread. Space will be handled by the Copernicus framework, which allows orbiting objects to have arbitrary orientations relative to one another. Whether Cubic Chunks will be supported within that remains to be seen, though I'm certainly not against it.

If the gravity mod works anything like I think it does, then it will clash non-trivially with Copernicus, and we'll need to make a concerted effort towards making the two work together. For the time being, though, we are still too early in our development to worry about external compatibility. Still I am very pleased with what I've seen.
Back to top Go down

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:32 pm

you could use zepplin mod for spin
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm

caltech117 wrote:
Not a problem thanks to Copernicus, if I understood your short, uncapitalized message correctly.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
Not a problem thanks to Copernicus, if I understood your short, uncapitalized message correctly.

No, not a problem at all. However, I have noticed that the majority of your posts are full of mistakes, Buggy, so you can’t criticize Caltech.

Even a lot of my posts are full of mistakes: however, only ones I have made intentionally because I couldn't be bothered to expand points into full sentences.

Also, Minecrak, I thank you once again for your invaluable advice. I can't believe it took me this long to actually read this page...
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:30 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

No, not a problem at all. However, I have noticed that the majority of your posts are full of mistakes, Buggy, so you can’t criticize Caltech.

Even a lot of my posts are full of mistakes: however, only ones I have made intentionally because I couldn't be bothered to expand points into full sentences.

Also, Minecrak, I thank you once again for your invaluable advice. I can't believe it took me this long to actually read this page...
Mine at least are caputalized and have periods. Anyway, yes, thank you Minecrak, you've been a big help to both Futurecraft and Cubic Chunks.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:37 am

Suggestion: Each ship has it's own "down" - and as suchj can be at any attitude but inside still has gravity.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:12 pm

TheLordofError wrote:
Suggestion: Each ship has it's own "down" - and as suchj can be at any attitude but inside still has gravity.
Actually the gravity mod has a LOT of possiblitys now that I looked at it, like magnetic boots for the outside of ships, or gravity generators with varible strength and direction, or gravity plating for really advanced architecture. The possibilitys for ship interiors are endless with detailed control of gravity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

+ Gravity + Empty
PostSubject: Re: + Gravity +   + Gravity + Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

+ Gravity +
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: