Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.

Go down 
+13
lukas_schjodt
Keon
Soul of Jack
The Schmetterling
blockman42
Iv121
ACH0225
Dux Tell31
Last_Jedi_Standing
Luna
Tiel+
GLaDOS
Pat Best
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:48 pm

wow! that's amazing...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Note to self: build bigger ship.

Either way, that ship is massive. Good work, glad to see you are finally putting effort into the interior.

Also, do you always build your ships like that: the interior first? Because that would explain so much...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Jump Drive, at MAXIMUM!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Note to self: build bigger ship.

Either way, that ship is massive. Good work, glad to see you are finally putting effort into the interior.

Also, do you always build your ships like that: the interior first? Because that would explain so much...

I've never actually built a ship big enough for me to build it this way, no.

But I do usually build them one room at a time, not just the hull first and then fill out the inside.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 am

Yeah, I figured. As you could tell, I build the exterior of my ships first, then fill in the interior, leading to... difficult shaped rooms.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:35 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Yeah, I figured. As you could tell, I build the exterior of my ships first, then fill in the interior, leading to... difficult shaped rooms.

It might work better to build the interior rooms first, then adding the final exterior hull layer at the end, giving it the shape you want and well-shaped rooms within.

I plan to add hull armor plating over certain sections of the ship to give it a more streamlined shape.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm

So I have been doing this wrong!

FUUU
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Not necessarily wrong, just different.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I just build what comes to mind at the momnent
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Since everyone seems to be scheming and planning to find a way to destroy this ship, let me give you an idea of the foolishness you're getting yourself into.

I've done a quick sketch / blueprint and I now have a preliminary estimated weapons count for the top half and front end of the ship.

Main stationary weapons:

- 1 frontal Super Beam weapon similar to a Radiance Battleship's Cleansing Brilliance weapon.
- 2 frontal Gauss Cannons.
- 2 frontal Heavy Plasma Cannons.
- 8 frontal Heavy Beam Emitters.
- 16 lateral Heavy Beam Emitters

These alone will create a literal wall of fire and death in front of the ship.

Main multi-directional weapons:

- 10 Heavy anti-dreadnaught Plasma and Gauss turrets
- 19 Anti-cruiser Heavy Laser turrets
- 40 Anti-cruiser / Frigate Heavy Laser turrets
- At least 100 anti-fighter / small craft Flak and Laser turrets.

These turrets assure 360 degree coverage of the ship against almost any other type of craft attempting to flank or outmaneuver it.

Now I've still got at least half the ship to cover in weapons, and I need to add in missiles systems for various missile types. I then need to figure out how many fighter craft I can fight in my fighter bays
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 pm

And MAC cannons.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Gauss and MAC cannon, same difference, is it not?

I mean in terms of damage, not functionality.

Might as well add in some Rail guns while we're at it?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Apparently Halo's MAC gun actually stands for Magnetic Acceleration Cannon, so quite literally, a MAC cannon, a Gauss cannon and a Rail cannon are very similar things, all three working off of magnetic force to accelerate projectiles to achieve very high speeds and great damage.

I thought a MAC cannon was more sciency than that, as I've said before I though the M stood for Molecular, in that it worked like those machines that accelerate atoms to the speed of light and such. So a projectile fired from a MAC gun would have been accelerated at an atomic level to achieve almost impossible speeds and devastation.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

In the Halo universe a Guass Cannon is a smaller variant of the MAC designed for infantry use, whereas the latter can 'put a round clean through a Covenant Capital ship'. But than, you have Mass Effect's mass accelerator which is pretty much the same thing except smaller and possibly more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am

Tiel wrote:
But THEN, you have Mass Effect's mass accelerator which is pretty much the same thing except smaller and possibly more powerful.

Don't know about more powerful, the guns in Mass Effect seem to have trouble getting through Reaper Armor while the MAC, as you put it, punches right through a covenant capital ship.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Humans in Mass Effect have managed to portabilize the technology into weapons as small as handguns, imagine how much damage they would do if they were as big as the ones on the Orbital Defense Platforms the UNSC fields in Halo.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Apparently Halo's MAC gun actually stands for Magnetic Acceleration Cannon, so quite literally, a MAC cannon, a Gauss cannon and a Rail cannon are very similar things, all three working off of magnetic force to accelerate projectiles to achieve very high speeds and great damage.

I thought a MAC cannon was more sciency than that, as I've said before I though the M stood for Molecular, in that it worked like those machines that accelerate atoms to the speed of light and such. So a projectile fired from a MAC gun would have been accelerated at an atomic level to achieve almost impossible speeds and devastation.

Just for your convenience, I should tell you that MAC guns can be as large as you want, as you craft each of the blocks that accelerate the bullet. Rail guns are two by one block, and you will need to find a decent way to feed ammo to them, otherwise you'll only get 100 shots before they run out.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Tiel wrote:
Humans in Mass Effect have managed to portabilize the technology into weapons as small as handguns, imagine how much damage they would do if they were as big as the ones on the Orbital Defense Platforms the UNSC fields in Halo.

Isn't that what they have on their ships though? Not as big as the defense platforms but still quite large, and it struggles to put a dent in the Reapers.

Quote :
Just for your convenience, I should tell you that MAC guns can be as large as you want, as you craft each of the blocks that accelerate the bullet. Rail guns are two by one block, and you will need to find a decent way to feed ammo to them, otherwise you'll only get 100 shots before they run out.

This is for the mod? Interesting.

For the purpose of the mod, let's assume Gauss and MAC guns are the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Isn't a gauss cannon is like a regular cannon that uses magnets instead of explosives to launch shells ? And WTH is mac ? IT sounds like a banhammer to me O.o .
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Isn't a gauss cannon is like a regular cannon that uses magnets instead of explosives to launch shells ? And WTH is mac ? IT sounds like a banhammer to me O.o .

MAC guns uses magnetic power to make objekts the size of a pepple go into near-lightspeed and crash into ships or other things with devastating effects
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:09 pm

lukas_schjodt wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

MAC guns uses magnetic power to make objekts the size of a pepple go into near-lightspeed and crash into ships or other things with devastating effects

The MAC gun shells in Halo were far from pebble-sized. They were bigger than Master Chief.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 am

You are taking a very long time to finish this, I'm almost done my anti-black sun orbital cannon...how much have you done since the last update?

You ARE using MCEdit, right?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
You are taking a very long time to finish this, I'm almost done my anti-black sun orbital cannon...how much have you done since the last update?

You ARE using MCEdit, right?

Really? It took me 5 hours to build my anti-everything gun.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:08 pm

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Tiel wrote:
I'm going to go hide in my bunker now, kthnxbai
What!? no don't hide! alright thats it
I want all Night terrors to Guard our city perimeters
RQ-24's load up with tanks and troops and prepare for a ground attack
F-256 pilots make sure they don't get anywhere near the factory
GO now

You are gonna die Very Happy

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Troll_face_by_xxcheshiii_chanxx-d35gxcv
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Speaking of MAC guns my brother almost got expelled from his school for making a gun the accelerates the projectile with a magnet, and he created it with the things that create the flash on cameras to provide the magnetic accelerator. He is a wonderful person Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next