Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Orbital Shipyards

Go down 
+16
hiloser12221
hell2o
The Schmetterling
Beaner
Danice123
fr0stbyte124
Keon
Laibach
Cool3303
TinkerPox
Pat Best
GLaDOS
kennysmith1234
Shiva
ACH0225
ManSaysNo
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ManSaysNo

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 pm

This would be a large-scale, automated orbital station. It would be crewed by NPCs and some players. I think the shipyard would have at least 5000 vehicle/base health, and shields. You would upload designs of your ships to a central computer. First, you would actually have to build the ships yourself. The computer would bring up a GUI (Complete with custom names for your ships) that allows you to select what kind of ship you would like to build, and to name it. The name of the ship would be printed in wool (Color of your choice) on the side of the ship. The ship would then start being built. This would take several weeks in-game. Any weapons you have on the design ship will appear on this ship, but unloaded. All you have to do is stock the ship up, and fly her into battle.

I'm posting this BEFORE I make a giant shipyard to accommodate Assault Ships, thank God.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm

ManSaysNo wrote:
This would be a large-scale, automated orbital station. It would be crewed by NPCs and some players. I think the shipyard would have at least 5000 vehicle/base health, and shields. You would upload designs of your ships to a central computer. First, you would actually have to build the ships yourself. The computer would bring up a GUI (Complete with custom names for your ships) that allows you to select what kind of ship you would like to build, and to name it. The name of the ship would be printed in wool (Color of your choice) on the side of the ship. The ship would then start being built. This would take several weeks in-game. Any weapons you have on the design ship will appear on this ship, but unloaded. All you have to do is stock the ship up, and fly her into battle.

I'm posting this BEFORE I make a giant shipyard to accommodate Assault Ships, thank God.

Seems to be a bit...... Easy, cheap even. With cargo ships and frigates, sure, mass production will happen with a simple model, but this would be to easy.
Back to top Go down
ManSaysNo

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh, forgot to mention you would need to supply it with resources to make the ship. LOTS of resources.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

It cuts the time to construt into thirds. At this point, resources can be obtained easily.
Back to top Go down
ManSaysNo

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Ugh... I guess my explanation was kind of choppy. Basically, you need to have ALL the resources necessary to build the ship before building it. These can be stored in a special room on the shipyard. The shipyard then draws resources from this room to make the new ship. As I stated earlier, it takes several weeks, if not months, in-game.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:19 pm

I have an idea for an orbital industrial base, actually... you send up a hub module, programmed to expand itself until a certain point, as well as some mining ships and a smelter module. Mining ships get ore from asteroids/planets, bring it to the Smelter. Smelter makes Trinium, which gets shipped to the connected hub. The hub slowly begins adding on to itself, eventually giving you a mammoth space yard that's capable of building assault ships.

Sequence

Hub Module - Smelter Module - Mining Ships

Expansion (smelter added, construction module added, more more ships needed)

Expansion (third smelter, second con-module added, more mining ships needed)

Shipbuilding can start (3rd Con-module added, Shipbuilding module added, more mining ships needed)

Expansion (second shipbuilder, bigger ships can be built, or two at a time)

... and so on and so forth, getting ever faster in expanding. The first levels will be the slowest, but as more con-modules and smelters are added, more materials and capacity are available.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ManSaysNo

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:25 pm

I like the idea of auto-expanding, but it doesn't give much room for customizability.
Back to top Go down
ManSaysNo

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Oh, and this brings the need for Planetcrackers from Dead Space Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Ah,

Quote :
you send up a hub module, programmed to expand itself until a certain point,

I said this... and you could program it to build other things too! Drag & drop a graphic of the module you want into a GUI in whatever configuration you want, and it'll autoexpand and build it for you.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Shiva wrote:
Ah,

Quote :
you send up a hub module, programmed to expand itself until a certain point,

I said this... and you could program it to build other things too! Drag & drop a graphic of the module you want into a GUI in whatever configuration you want, and it'll autoexpand and build it for you.

legit
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Awesome idea. As long as I can manually give it resources myself.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 pm

With all these awesome ideas flowing in the forums, I can't help but think two things:

1- Is this even possible?

2- If it is, how damn long would it take to get even just one of these things programmed, and the whole mod after that?

I would be very happy with shipyards that automatically build ships based on a model you've given them, especially since ship production is what I look forwards to most.

I want people to come looking for me to buy quality and good-looking ships. Buying, of course, with in-game resources. I'm not thinking of making this my full-time job ( not yet anyways? )
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 pm

ManSaysNo wrote:

I love this idea, but wool sounds stupid(My opinion).Also it should have to have fuel to work, resources, tools, and perhaps defense turrets as extra.

Last edited by tacokingbob on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

Great Idea maybe you can use Special Teleporters which can teleport things through shields and even build through teleporting things to the Place they are made for
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

Cool3303 wrote:
Great Idea maybe you can use Special Teleporters which can teleport things through shields and even build through teleporting things to the Place they are made for

that's... really overpowered,

BACK ON TOPIC! WOO! WOO!
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:57 am

You know teleporting things costs much energy Mr. overpowered?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
You know teleporting things costs much energy Mr. overpowered?

I still think the ability to teleport things inside of shields is overpowered, unless you have to have 3 suns powering it for 1 shot or something :/
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Shields up= no teleporting in. That's final.

And I look forward to owning a 140km long super-shipyard, and I shall call it Vulcan.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Guys you missunderstood me you can only teleport to non moving things and teleporting through Shields won´t change that
The enemy won´t stop their Ships except they are stupid and so they can´t be surprised by guys who stand in their teleport chamber

You could use it to deliver the space station support crates when they are invaded and to work on a Ship in normal Gravity (this requires shields and then you won´t need to fly back to the ship and so on
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:17 pm

They may stop their ship to overload their guns. We talked about that in a different thread.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 pm

the fluctuating Energy would cause an molecular movement which is over the normal Level so you can´t teleport (afro Got You(another one bites the Dust DaDaDa...))
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
the fluctuating Energy would cause an molecular movement which is over the normal Level so you can´t teleport (afro Got You(another one bites the Dust DaDaDa...))

You mean like shields do?

You know, those big bubbles of fluctuating energy?
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:02 am

Pat22 wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:

You mean like shields do?

You know, those big bubbles of fluctuating energy?

Well The Energy in shields is bound into an shield Structure and won't fluctuate (Shields should be solid shouldn't they ?)
but if you overcharge your weapons they will lose a litle Bit Energy Cause they Aren't constructed for it and this will Move The Atoms in The Ship enough To prevent The teleport comPuter from finding an average Landing place
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 am

Shields are not solid, they are energy. Energy kept in place around your ship so that it will intercept, disrupt and destroy anything that comes into contact with it, including teleporter signals.

What is it with you and bad ideas?
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 am

The Thing is The shields don't lose Energy (I thought this can Be counted As solid)
So they can't corrupt The Atom movement.
2.U Tunnel The Shield by teleporting through an other Phase so it can't prevent The Teleporter of course you can Protect your Ship against some Phases but not against Every Phase because it would Cost To much energy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orbital Shipyards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orbital Shipyards   Orbital Shipyards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orbital Shipyards
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next