Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

One last go at a revival.

Go down 
+6
Iv121
Tau
hyperlite
Delta
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

One last go at a revival. Empty
PostSubject: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:12 pm

First things first. new forum. we can't use this one. it's dead. we have no power here. let's first start with another forumotion one until we can get a proper forum set up.

http://futurecrafttemp.forumotion.com/

There is nothing there atm.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm willing to host the new forum until we set something else up. I've got about $180 left over from Christmas, and I'm more than willing to spend it to keep the FC community going. I'll try and work something out with my parents.

Now I'm not certain, but the $10 plan should work.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

For those who missed it and are interested, the complete sixty-page conversation is available at
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4vxf5ucwyetom3p/future+of+forum+chat.docx.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Forumotion in general is just bad.

If you're really that desperate I'd be willing to put the old one back up again.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Basic response to tiel from people I'm talking with: Oh hell no.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 pm

High Lictor Solaris wrote:
Basic response to tiel from people I'm talking with: Oh hell no.

That's not accurate. It was "We'd appreciate the forum itself, but Tiel shouldn't be given power".
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Tiel Hitler is best Hitler, put Tiel in absolute power now.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Power? Yeah, because it's not like I've demoted myself here of my own initiative or anything like that. I've never held any particular desire for authority. When LJS proposed a new scheme for moderation, I voluntarily removed myself from it as a mod to ensure it'd pass. When the site I made was up I desperately tried to put people like Shiva & LJS on the podium just to avoid having that kind of responsibility, because I knew when I inevitably stepped outside of the technical side of things there'd be an outrage. And, shocker, there was. Following that, I tried to go through the proper avenues to get the privileges stripped from me, only for a cabal of people I thought were my friends to rally against me behind my back. This prompted me to just cease hosting the site entirely...to find yourself stranded with seemingly the entire world against you is not a pleasant experience at all.

Several months later I have very little inclination to even be associated with this community, never mind occupy a position of authority within it (as the absence of a yellow coloring to my name should make clear). Whether or not you want my help based on events that transpired half a year ago is thus of little consequence to me, as long as the new place isn't a crappy free forum like this one.

Last edited by Tiel+ on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Cry about it.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:12 pm

I have the money to host the site for the next 36 months (18 if we use more than 1TB of traffic per month, which is unlikely). Just need to redirect fc-mod.com and transfer the forum files. I can't guarantee I'd be able to run it for that long, but I can more or less promise that I'd be able to give at least 1 month's advance notice before it went down.

Alternatively, I can get a static IP from AT&T and host a server on my RasPi (which probably wouldn't be much better than running on 000webhost, but it's something).
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Tau wrote:
I'm willing to host the new forum until we set something else up. I've got about $180 left over from Christmas, and I'm more than willing to spend it to keep the FC community going. I'll try and work something out with my parents.

Now I'm not certain, but the $10 plan should work.

That's suffice to host a medium forum, yeah. Find out if you can install MySQL on it. IP.Board is also really freaking cool if you have the $$$

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:25 am

Well see what is true is that Tiel got quite an experience in setting forums already, that is why I propose to let tiel be an admin for the setup time, after that adminship passes to an approved volunteer who can maintain the forum. I can volunteer for that if needed as well as help with founding as I have my own money earning now.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 am

I have £60 from adult and I haven't set the withdrawal system up, whoever is paying for hosting could make use of that.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 am

My dad has experience in hosting forums/websites as well as access to a professional website design software.
I am sure he would agree to do some basic site maintenance if we can put the money together.
He also knows a pretty stable (and affordable) webserver.
Gotta ask him when he comes home from work.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:13 am

Tau is set on hosting the site, and given his past he's probably the ideal choice. He did say he's accepting contributions on Skype yesterday.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Tau is set on hosting the site, and given his past he's probably the ideal choice. He did say he's accepting contributions on Skype yesterday.
I offered to pitch in, but he said it would be too much of a hassle, and I agree
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Power? Yeah, because it's not like I've demoted myself here of my own initiative or anything like that. I've never held any particular desire for authority. When LJS proposed a new scheme for moderation, I voluntarily removed myself from it as a mod to ensure it'd pass. When the site I made was up I desperately tried to put people like Shiva & LJS on the podium just to avoid having that kind of responsibility, because I knew when I inevitably stepped outside of the technical side of things there'd be an outrage. And, shocker, there was. Following that, I tried to go through the proper avenues to get the privileges stripped from me, only for a cabal of people I thought were my friends to rally against me behind my back. This prompted me to just cease hosting the site entirely...to find yourself stranded with seemingly the entire world against you is not a pleasant experience at all.

Several months later I have very little inclination to even be associated with this community, never mind occupy a position of authority within it (as the absence of a yellow coloring to my name should make clear). Whether or not you want my help based on events that transpired half a year ago is thus of little consequence to me, as long as the new place isn't a crappy free forum like this one.

If the community has nothing against it it would be one of the better choices anyway, in my opinion, but to find out if it does we should hold a discussion about it. I'm not that much against it. I quite respect you for demoting yourself when LJS came up with that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 pm

I appreciate that sentiment Des, but if this is going to be a revival it's probably a good idea to not return to that little project. Start off fresh, and such.

If the new site uses PHPbb or SMF it'd be possible to port some threads, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One last go at a revival.   One last go at a revival. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One last go at a revival.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: