Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

something something revive

Go down 
+11
Commander Error
Buggy1997123
Ivan2006
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
TinkerPox
Delta
Tau
Soul of Jack
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

something something revive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 am

That sounds terribly ominous. Uhh, this weekend, possibly.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 am

BTW I saw no problem with the elections themselves. Believe me it yelled better results than all of the promoted mods in the history of FC Razz , you can find the graveyard list here: https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/g2-moderators. Yea Keon and LJS didn’t go nuts but Keon is not online nearly as often as he should for that.

An interesting fact is that all nominated moderators were always active and never did any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 am

Iv121 wrote:
BTW I saw no problem with the elections themselves. Believe me it yelled better results than all of the promoted mods in the history of FC Razz, you can find the graveyard list here: https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/g2-moderators. Yea Keon and LJS didn’t go nuts but Keon is not online nearly as often as he should for that.

An interesting fact is that all nominated moderators were always active and never did any trouble.

If we go with elections, we might need a reevaluation of the choice a short time after, because remember when Lightspeed got voted mod? No offence to him but he didn't quite know what to do, and we don't really want that.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Hierarch CMA wrote:
We're trying to launch a coup and anything here

Only problem with error is that he's on about as frequently as jedi, but hopefully that won't be an issue.
Every day? Except for the month I was gone. I don't always post, but I'm around.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 am

ivankintobor2006
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
That sounds terribly ominous.  Uhh, this weekend, possibly.

Oh, don't worry, LJS had just confused me a bit. I'd just like your opinions on some stuff. I'll explain more in an hour or so, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Ok, after discussing stuff with Tau, Proto(for a bit), Tiel, Tacokingbob, error, and other people I'm forgetting last night, we decided to move to a new forum to redo the rules and possibly change the entire idea behind futurecraft. Although that's going to depend on what fr0st says. In addition to that, I, Error, Tiel, Iv, Tacokingbob, and probably other people(sorry if I don't remember) are going to try to learn Java together, figure out how to use github or something similar, and make a little standalone project just to get experience. Past that point, I really just need to talk to Fr0st and see what he wants to do, but we might be able to actually make futurecraft, whatever futurecraft is. Am I missing anything?

First draft of the rules(will be heavily revised):

Last edited by Hierarch CMA on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Those rules look good. I think 'excessively' is a bit subjective though, I have to say I kinda liked the old rules where you were just forbidden from tearing into someone or repeatedly being an utter arse to them.

Something I proposed one of the times you got off voice but never brought up again was moving the focus of the site away from futurecraft. I think it's pretty clear at this point that the core community isn't here to blindly anticipate a mod, but to talk and enjoy interacting with other people.

I think we should come up with a cool name, like scisprite or something, and then build our own little interpretation of a community site that doesn't owe its existence to solely one thing. Rather, we should gently shove Futurecraft into a corner of the site and expand into gaming (as Iv has suggested on multiple occasions), writing, etc, all under the umbrella of the one thing we have in common - a love of sci fi.

Regardless of how you feel about that, Tau's looking like the most probable contender for a host of a new website. My question there is if you'd like me to throw a site together, because I'd really hate to spend time on something that wouldn't be hosted with finals coming up.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Those rules look good. I think 'excessively' is a bit subjective though, I have to say I kinda liked the old rules where you were just forbidden from tearing into someone or repeatedly being an utter arse to them.

Something I proposed one of the times you got off voice but never brought up again was moving the focus of the site away from futurecraft. I think it's pretty clear at this point that the core community isn't here to blindly anticipate a mod, but to talk and enjoy interacting with other people.

I think we should come up with a cool name, like scisprite or something, and then build our own little interpretation of a community site that doesn't owe its existence to solely one thing. Rather, we should gently shove Futurecraft into a corner of the site and expand into gaming (as Iv has suggested on multiple occasions), writing, etc, all under the umbrella of the one thing we have in common - a love of sci fi.

Regardless of how you feel about that, Tau's looking like the most probable contender for a host of a new website. My question there is if you'd like me to throw a site together, because I'd really hate to spend time on something that wouldn't be hosted with finals coming up.

Yeah, I'll probably reword all of them once I get a chance. After talking about it was Iv and Tau and others, we thought it'd be good just to import the old-new forum over, gut it, and start over new. Can you talk to Tau about it? I've never hosted anything.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Frost, your workload is STILL increasing? Jeesh, I hope its temporary, it must sick to be working that much, mod or not.

Anyway, kinda skimmed through the thread, replies in the order of posts I saw:
Futurecraft may have other games trying to do very similar things, but we're appealing to minecraft players. There's a guns mod, which people use instead of going to a fps, there was even a Terraria mod. Even if those do mix Minecraft and something else, instead of just say a straight fps with no blocks or building or anything, as opposed to Blockade Runner being much more Minecraftish, we still have one of the largest game and mod communities on the planet. Meanwhile Blockade Runner and Starmade are both fairly obscure and have their fair share of issues. Not to mention it shouldn't be too hard to have different mechanics and artstyles compared to those two.

New forum:not bad in theory, but we have the issue of not being able to easily direct people used to this forum there. And stuff like the Mcf directs here, and we tried a new forum once and it kinda failed.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Btw, frost, I found your reddit account!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
\we still have one of the largest game and mod communities on the planet. Meanwhile Blockade Runner and Starmade are both fairly obscure
There are, what, maybe 30 of us?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm

As far as I understand it, the bew old forum we are moving to will be a gaming abd sci fi forum, with only the DEV team focussing on FC.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
\we still have one of the largest game and mod communities on the planet. Meanwhile Blockade Runner and Starmade are both fairly obscure
There are, what, maybe 30 of us?

I think he meant the Minecraft community.

Commander Error wrote:
As far as I understand it, the bew old forum we are moving to will be a gaming abd sci fi forum, with only the DEV team focussing on FC.
Everyone's still sort of divided on that, but basically it's going to be a revamped version of the old-new forum.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:17 am

I'm fine with Github, though my source control practices do tend to get pretty sloppy if I'm left to my own devices.

Also, I have hosting, though it is Ubuntu based. I have the login somewhere around here...
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 am

Okay. This is incredible. Github should work for setup, although trusting me to github correctly is like trusting an elephant to become a ballet dancer.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 am

Keon wrote:
Okay. This is incredible. Github should work for setup, although trusting me to github correctly is like trusting an elephant to become a ballet dancer.

Hey, if I can GitHub correctly, you should be able to.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Also, I have hosting, though it is Ubuntu based.  I have the login somewhere around here...

You have hosting already? Oh, fuck. Taco already paid for a month over at DigitalOcean.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Tau wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Also, I have hosting, though it is Ubuntu based.  I have the login somewhere around here...

You have hosting already? Oh, fuck. Taco already paid for a month over at DigitalOcean.

Did I not tell you he had hosting multiple times?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:53 pm

I knew and was there when he got it, but to be honest it's for the best that the host isn't needed elsewhere months at a time. Recipe for disaster, that.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Ok, we're(me, proto, and desdenova at least) planning to talk about futurecraft itself on skype at 9:00 GMT/4:00 EST. I'll be recording the conversation for anyone who can't make it/doesn't have skype/whatever.

It's probably better to use Taco's/Tau's host I think, Fr0st has plenty of things to do already.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Honestly, I'm with Tiel and CMA here.

In other news, I finally managed to finagle the full LAMP stack onto the server. phpBB should come soon afterward. Tiel, if you could tell me what theme you used on the old-new forum, that'd be great. I can also give you SSH access should it be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Frost, your workload is STILL increasing? Jeesh, I hope its temporary, it must sick to be working that much, mod or not.

Anyway, kinda skimmed through the thread, replies in the order of posts I saw:
Futurecraft may have other games trying to do very similar things, but we're appealing to minecraft players. There's a guns mod, which people use instead of going to a fps, there was even a Terraria mod. Even if those do mix Minecraft and something else, instead of just say a straight fps with no blocks or building or anything, as opposed to Blockade Runner being much more Minecraftish, we still have one of the largest game and mod communities on the planet. Meanwhile Blockade Runner and Starmade are both fairly obscure and have their fair share of issues. Not to mention it shouldn't be too hard to have different mechanics and artstyles compared to those two.

New forum:not bad in theory, but we have the issue of not being able to easily direct people used to this forum there. And stuff like the Mcf directs here, and we tried a new forum once and it kinda failed.
Sorry this reply took so long.

Honestly, this forum sucks, we'd need a new one even if we completely gave up on the mod and turned into an MlP fansite or something. As for redirecting, I think it would be enough to just post a stickied thread in each subforum giving a link to the new-new(this is going to be confusing) forum.

I pretty much agree with you on the actual mod, although I think we need to redefine what exactly we're trying to do other than the basic stuff.

Edit: Would you want to be a moderator on the new forum? We're trying to find people who don't have any ties to the various sensitive subjects that erupt in shitstorms every so often.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm

We can get Mack to edit the MCF post to redirect to whatever forum we make, if he doesn't come back here I can always track him down on PMC
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Skype call in 23 minutes, I've gotten recording software set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something something revive
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: