Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

something something revive

Go down 
+11
Commander Error
Buggy1997123
Ivan2006
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
TinkerPox
Delta
Tau
Soul of Jack
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

something something revive Empty
PostSubject: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

-snip-
A chat with LJS:
Spoiler:

Because of the discussion with LJS, we've decided to do an overhaul. Leave yourskype name, and we will discuss, when everyone is on.

WANTED: Fr0stbyte124 to join chat.

Last edited by High Lictor Solaris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:25 pm

post was made irrelevant by edits

Last edited by Hierarch CMA on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:45 pm

UPDATED OP
READ IT. ALL OF IT. NOW.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

For those who missed it and are interested, the complete sixty-page conversation is available at
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4vxf5ucwyetom3p/future+of+forum+chat.docx.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Well, while we're on the subject, I was going to make a reply to that one topic about member profiling a while back but thought better of it.

Tiel's scrapped posts, entry #68 wrote:
You know, looking at this topic has really made me take a step back and re-evaluate this community. You people have the social finesse of a drowning dog, and are about just as funny as one nowadays, too. Every topic has to devolve into nonsense and chaos, every topic has to lose any semblance of a point within three pages or unceremoniously die.

And to what end? It's been acknowledged by every one of you at some point in time that this mod is likely never coming out, yet even if fr0st were to show up tomorrow with FC finished and a full datacenter rented out to host it all we'd be in the same boat. There's Blockade Runner now. There's Starmade now. In a few years, there'll be Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous, too. Futurecraft has lost any relevance in these past two years of development hell; games that all but completely fulfill the aspects of this random Australian teenager's fantasy are out and playable. So, I ask you, what's the point?

The simple fact of the matter is there isn't one. As the chat says, FC is not coming out. Don't say that 'if only we got a few more coders' or 'we just need space travel etc', because no one in the right frame of mind with the necessary experience is about to jump aboard this trainwreck, and even if they did there's just no point to continuing development when games (some free, at that!) exist now to fill the niche Futurecraft wanted to.

As for the forum, I don't even know anymore. I myself keep coming here less and less...do agree with the sentiment that a change of focus and a new site might help a bit. I still have the previous forum's files handy if anyone wants them, and would be willing to design a new one if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Well, while we're on the subject, I was going to make a reply to that one topic about member profiling a while back but thought better of it.

Tiel's scrapped posts, entry #68 wrote:
You know, looking at this topic has really made me take a step back and re-evaluate this community. You people have the social finesse of a drowning dog, and are about just as funny as one nowadays, too. Every topic has to devolve into nonsense and chaos, every topic has to lose any semblance of a point within three pages or unceremoniously die.

And to what end? It's been acknowledged by every one of you at some point in time that this mod is likely never coming out, yet even if fr0st were to show up tomorrow with FC finished and a full datacenter rented out to host it all we'd be in the same boat. There's Blockade Runner now. There's Starmade now. In a few years, there'll be Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous, too. Futurecraft has lost any relevance in these past two years of development hell; games that all but completely fulfill the aspects of this random Australian teenager's fantasy are out and playable. So, I ask you, what's the point?

The simple fact of the matter is there isn't one. As the chat says, FC is not coming out. Don't say that 'if only we got a few more coders' or 'we just need space travel etc', because no one in the right frame of mind with the necessary experience is about to jump aboard this trainwreck, and even if they did there's just no point to continuing development when games (some free, at that!) exist now to fill the niche Futurecraft wanted to.

As for the forum, I don't even know anymore. I myself keep coming here less and less...do agree with the sentiment that a change of focus and a new site might help a bit. I still have the previous forum's files handy if anyone wants them, and would be willing to design a new one if necessary.

We're talking about it on Skype, if you want to join in.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:16 pm

My name is BKTiel
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
My name is BKTiel
Added.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 pm

My skype is Tinkerpox
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Here's my decision.

I will stay to the very end and then stand on the ashes and protect it.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:24 pm

Soul of Jack wrote:
Here's my decision.

Same.

BTW, my Skype is TehPwnzor7306 or similar.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Tau wrote:
Soul of Jack wrote:
Here's my decision.

Same.

As shall I. But I'd rather have it regenerate...
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Soul of Jack wrote:
Here's my decision.

"And then from the ashes shall emerge a Phoenix"
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:05 pm

CMA is a surprisingly effective organizer.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Agreed, he has my respect.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

It's my autism. Anyway, we discussed most of what we're doing code-wise over voice chat, so I'll put up a thread tomorrow summarizing what we talked about and what we'd like to do.

Here's the transcript of the text conversation: LOLNOPE
Be warned; Cursing within:
http://pastebin.com/hC9n4mwR

TinkerPox wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
Agreed, he has my respect.
Thanks Taco/Tinker.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:54 pm

First,
[6:49:35 PM] PrototypeTheta: Jedi said it himself,
I'm flattered.

Second, why the fuck didn't this happen when I was talking about fixing the Rules a while back?

Third, if we're going to be picking moderators the entire forum needs to be in on it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

Third, if we're going to be picking moderators the entire forum needs to be in on it.

Because turning the moderator position into a popularity contest worked so well last time.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:01 am

Tiel+ wrote:

Because turning the moderator position into a popularity contest worked so well last time.
Yes, that is correct.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 am

Tiel+ wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

Maybe to you, but it never has worked and it never will. Pure democracy and forums are incompatible for reasons I've explained to you on more than one occasion, but you keep barking on about it.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:29 am

All we decided is that Error will be the sole moderator for a while, because:

1) He's never gotten involved in any drama/scandal/whatever/he's not me.

2) See 1

If we need more moderators we can talk about that on the new forum, or tomorrow, maybe. I'll see if I can find some sort of skype recording thing for future conversations. We're not trying to launch a coup or anything here, just trying to find the best way to salvage this community/mod.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 am

Hierarch CMA wrote:
We're trying to launch a coup and anything here

Only problem with error is that he's on about as frequently as jedi, but hopefully that won't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Hierarch CMA wrote:
We're trying to launch a coup and anything here

Only problem with error is that he's on about as frequently as jedi, but hopefully that won't be an issue.

The only frequent posters just lurk and talk in the chatbox, so that's probably fine.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:42 am

Hi, I'm here. Workload keeps increasing. Down to one meal and 3 hours of sleep a day. Will help out once I come up for air. If I don't come back up, I just want everyone to know that Keon was my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Hi, I'm here.  Workload keeps increasing.  Down to one meal and 3 hours of sleep a day.  Will help out once I come up for air.  If I don't come back up, I just want everyone to know that Keon was my favorite.

Oh, I thought you had gone the way of ECTrimble(not sure why), do you have time to skype this week? We're changing... everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something something revive   something something revive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something something revive
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: