Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Using Metaworlds and Flans mods

Go down 
+13
Commander Error
Ivan2006
Oblivion
Saravanth
Lightspeed
Groot
Joel
MercurySteam
Tiel+
hyperlite
Keon
Tau
Hierarch CMA
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Empty
PostSubject: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Look, FC is vaporware. If we want it to get off the ground, we need to base it off of something.

Metaworlds mod provides flying ships. Flans gives us all the work Proto has done for us, no reworking needed. Wrap the two together, and we've cut tons of work out of our game. That way, we can get FC off the ground.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:46 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I agree with metaworlds. The guy explicitly says his goal is to make a platform for others to build off of - there's no shame in taking him up on that.

Flan's, on the other hand...ew. Proto's work is solid, but the mod itself is buggy as heck and no fun at all to play. Plus it already has a following...Futurecraft should be it's own gig, not some lol3yearstomake modpack.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
I agree with metaworlds. The guy explicitly says his goal is to make a platform for others to build off of - there's no shame in taking him up on that.

Flan's, on the other hand...ew. Proto's work is solid, but the mod itself is buggy as heck and no fun at all to play. Plus it already has a following...Futurecraft should be it's own gig, not some lol3yearstomake modpack.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Both'll require a serious amount of retooling before we can integrate them with the other components of the mod (and each other, for that matter). But if we can use them as a base, it'll be a start.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Hyperlite, thanks for the interesting and valid contribution to our discussion.

Basically, I get what you mean about flan's mod, and I'm a bit iffy about it as well. Metaworlds is having some problems, but assuming they'll get fixed, it should be a solid platform.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:06 pm

You're welcome, I try my best.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:13 pm

hyperlite wrote:
You're welcome, I try my best.

you totally fucking ditched our euiv game today to make that detailed and thought-provoking post?

you're dead to me.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Yeah I hoped FC would have better everything than Flan's. Haven't tried Metaworlds, but looks good from what I've seen, no shame in using some of it.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:21 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Yeah I hoped FC would have better everything than Flan's. Haven't tried Metaworlds, but looks good from what I've seen, no shame in using some of it.
That ^^
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 am

I really wouldn't use Flans mod, however I would use turbomodelthingy and the shape functions Manus made. Although the way Flans mod splits each model up into various parts that do different things is quite good, I'd keep that, or at least have something along those guidelines. However driving physics is fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 am

YES.

FOR THE FUCKS SAKE,YES!

we need to get this off ground!
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 am

Light, calm your buttocks.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:51 am

Ensmallened metaworld+gulliver mod ensmallening=Yippie kay yay!
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Prototype wrote:
I really wouldn't use Flans mod, however I would use turbomodelthingy and the shape functions Manus made. Although the way Flans mod splits each model up into various parts that do different things is quite good, I'd keep that, or at least have something along those guidelines. However driving physics is fucking awful.

Good point.
That could also help us with our 'custom model'-API we had planned.

All in all, whether this is even valis depends on how much it would work together with fr0stbyte's plans.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Well, if Proto says no flan's, I guess I have to listen to that. I'd like to do a poll once again. Do we have any modders, coders, modelers, etc? Frost is busy, so even if you just know the very basics of modding, please say so.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 pm

I and a friend of mine may learn java at school within this year and are planning to get started with MC modding relatively soon after that, but until then, the only person I know of would be my dad and
a) he's not interested
b) he hasn't used java forover 20 years
c) he's about as busy as fr0st
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 3:35 pm

I'd agree with Tiel; Metaworlds looks good but Flan's is very iffy.

And I can't see Fr0st complaining TOO much about having a lot of his work done for him.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I can texture, maybe. I own photoshop, but haven't tried texturing before.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Same, plus as y'all've seen I can do some basic modeling in Wings and that you haven't seen in Blender (the Blender ones are better, I guarantee it).
I can also do some crash courses in coding if ya need it that bad.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
I may learn java at school within this year
MercurySteam wrote:
Vinyl wrote:

Those apply to me as well.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Desdenova wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
I may learn java at school within this year
MercurySteam wrote:
Vinyl wrote:

Those apply to me as well.

I probably won't have enough time to learn much modeling or anything beyond making things pretty.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Whatever problems Flan's Mod may have, it is the best vehicle system Minecraft has ever seen. That doesn't make it great, but it does make it useful. Better it than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 pm

And actually one of the only few. Why not try and make a better one? With actual physics, fitting our planets' gravity's situation?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Flan got guns right, that much I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Metaworlds and Flans mods   Using Metaworlds and Flans mods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Metaworlds and Flans mods
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next