Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:47 pm

The RP section is among the most active subs on the forum, and I've been thinking having a set of designated Game Masters might help in keeping threads alive and in order. It would mostly be a title and a colored name, maybe with minimal powers, but they would regulate standards, prompt posting, things like that.

I suggest Fenway, myself, and perhaps Proto or Tiel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Bloody hell, not more ranks!

No. If anything, I need to cull the current moderaters/developers/admins because the entire system is an utter mess.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:36 pm

DAMNIT I WANT A COLORED NAME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:38 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
DAMNIT I WANT A COLORED NAME
They're overrated.

Being a super deveoraptor on the other hand...

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Since I make concepts for Proto's Flan's pack (and some other stuff) can I be a dev?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 21
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am

The answer is no. To everything.


@Mack, don't just leave for months at a time and then come back expecting to have any weight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 22
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:10 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Since I make concepts for Proto's Flan's pack (and some other stuff) can I be a dev?

By that logic Iv should also be a dev.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:25 am

But I'm consistent, and at least have multiple submissions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 22
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:45 am

MercurySteam wrote:
But I'm consistent, and at least have multiple submissions.

Yes but I've actually gone and made one of Iv's designs, and while I will be trying that tank, I can't say I'll use every design, the style you use is possible, but pretty difficult, however I'd like to be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 23
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 am

I never claimed to be a dev (It was actually proto who asked me to make the concept art) , it is true I am a moderator on the old new forum but that is not because Im a dev but because you preferred to see me on this position. Besides being a dev doesn't grant you the right to be a moderator, the fact it happened on this forum before was pretty much dumb as not every dev is fit to be a mod and it is stupid to deny someone the right to be a dev because he can't be a mod. As a result of granting mod powers like that go open the moderators section in member groups and see how many people there are (and how many of them are actually active -.- ).

Finally I see no reason for making any other moderating position on this forum as of now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 22
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Moderator elections IV?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 483
Join date : 2013-10-05
Location : Ivan's basement.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Moderator elections would be cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:48 pm

We did this before on the new/old forum and we elected Iv*. Now I admit he's kind of a stubborn assh*le but I will stick our choice.


* I think we did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 21
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:52 pm

We had moderator elections.

They're an exercise in futile tedium.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:04 am

This is all totally moot until we get a new bloody forum. It's been, what, five months?

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 21
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:38 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
This is all totally moot until we get a new bloody forum. It's been, what, five months?

Can we at least agree that turning deciding who has powers into a glorified popularity contest was a terrible idea?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:40 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
This is all totally moot until we get a new bloody forum. It's been, what, five months?

Can we at least agree that turning deciding who has powers into a glorified popularity contest was a terrible idea?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 am

Tiel+ wrote:
The answer is no. To everything.


@Mack, don't just leave for months at a time and then come back expecting to have any weight.

If Jesus walked back onto Earth today after 2000 years or so of doing nothing for the planet, I'm sure he'd still have a lot of weight.
I only leave for months at a time because everything on this forum dissolves into meanlings, off-topic drivel and nothing ever gets done. Which is largely my fault for not being organized; but you all must admit that a lot of petty bickering takes place on the forum, and we've gone years without measureable progress (except for the Flan mod pack [which is great, by the way]).

P.S. I have no spell check.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 21
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

@Mack, don't just leave for months at a time and then come back expecting to have any weight.

If Jesus walked back onto Earth today after 2000 years or so of doing nothing for the planet, I'm sure he'd still have a lot of weight.
I only leave for months at a time...

Breaking News: Mackeroth is Jesus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 23
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:29 am

Soul of Jack wrote:
We did this before on the new/old forum and we elected Iv*. Now I admit he's kind of a stubborn assh*le but I will stick our choice.


* I think we did.

Well I might be stubborn but that is kind of a good quality in a moderator I guess, to stand for your ideals. I believe I never did any wrong to anyone as a mod and that all the sentences I ever gave were just. If that is not enough for you I guess you can just choose another person to do it, it's kinda relaxing not to have to read all the stuff you write ppl, especially the nonsense stuff that tends to go boom Razz. I'd just point out that you don't choose a moderator you "like", you choose one that will do a good job, that is why for example frost is a respected person and also a favorite among the community yet that doesn't mean he can maintain a community as he personally admitted.

I guess it now feels like Im power hungry and want to remain as a mod , that is why Ill point out it is not the reason why I wrote that paragraph. You can do elections again as I said that is not why Im here, Im here because Im tired of people ruining my name here with things that are not always true. Yes Im stubborn but I never behave like a jerk and I ALWAYS respect whoever I talk with, even if I don't agree with him. It is not always true Im stubborn either, there were enough cases that I adopted another's point of view. These cases are rare as I usually try to come to the optimal solution myself, but when I fail to do so I accept the better solution that was presented to me. You all tend to falsify facts about me more and more often every day which is why I took my time and stated my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 955
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 20
Location : Neo Seoul

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:26 am

Tiel+ wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

@Mack, don't just leave for months at a time and then come back expecting to have any weight.

If Jesus walked back onto Earth today after 2000 years or so of doing nothing for the planet, I'm sure he'd still have a lot of weight.
I only leave for months at a time...

Breaking News: Mackeroth is Jesus.
That's not really news, is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-09-08
Location : *snap snap*

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 am

Daynel wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

@Mack, don't just leave for months at a time and then come back expecting to have any weight.

If Jesus walked back onto Earth today after 2000 years or so of doing nothing for the planet, I'm sure he'd still have a lot of weight.
I only leave for months at a time...

Breaking News: Mackeroth is Jesus.
That's not really news, is it?
^
One last time, Jed...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 20
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:46 am

Iv121 wrote:
Soul of Jack wrote:
We did this before on the new/old forum and we elected Iv*. Now I admit he's kind of a stubborn assh*le but I will stick our choice.


* I think we did.

Well I might be stubborn but that is kind of a good quality in a moderator I guess, to stand for your ideals. I believe I never did any wrong to anyone as a mod and that all the sentences I ever gave were just. If that is not enough for you I guess you can just choose another person to do it, it's kinda relaxing not to have to read all the stuff you write ppl, especially the nonsense stuff that tends to go boom Razz. I'd just point out that you don't choose a moderator you "like", you choose one that will do a good job, that is why for example frost is a respected person and also a favorite among the community yet that doesn't mean he can maintain a community as he personally admitted.

I guess it now feels like Im power hungry and want to remain as a mod , that is why Ill point out it is not the reason why I wrote that paragraph. You can do elections again as I said that is not why Im here, Im here because Im tired of people ruining my name here with things that are not always true. Yes Im stubborn but I never behave like a jerk and I ALWAYS respect whoever I talk with, even if I don't agree with him. It is not always true Im stubborn either, there were enough cases that I adopted another's point of view. These cases are rare as I usually try to come to the optimal solution myself, but when I fail to do so I accept the better solution that was presented to me. You all tend to falsify facts about me more and more often every day which is why I took my time and stated my opinion.

I think with stubborn he meant as in not-listening-to-reason-if-reason-contradicts-with-personal-ideals, which actually means that if you make a bad decision, the only possible result can and will be rage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 23
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:20 am

Give an example then ... As I said I believe all the sentences I have were just. The word you were looking for is called "impulsive" , and no, impulsive doesn't describe me that well. It is true I remain true to my ideals and I see nothing bad in it, it is not the same as being impulsive. Im just tired of baseless accusations.

Yes there are 1000 examples of me not accepting your point of view, most of them concerned the shape this mod will take, however I can give you examples where I accepted another opinion and that is enough to prove I use reason. You always exaggerate about me and my "stubbornness", in fact I didn't have a single argument in the past few months here, that is also proving Im not arguing for the sake of arguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 483
Join date : 2013-10-05
Location : Ivan's basement.

PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:59 am

Tiel+ wrote:
We had moderator elections.

They're an exercise in futile tedium.

That's any human organization ever.

t. Poly sci(sort of) student.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?   

Back to top Go down
 
Do we have anyone left that can edit member groups?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Need to do a simple Left Click in a text box
» EDIT TEXT AREA
» How To Disable “Pick Up Where I Left Off” Feature in Windows 10
» image edit request please read
» Adding A Floating Menu!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: