Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Of Gods and Men

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 am

Date: December 17, 2015

The time has come, the time of choice. The gods are restless, the ancient sparks of war and life and death and hope and fear have rained onto its tinder: our world. It is our obligation to stoke the flames. A select few Disciples make the decision to follow a god, the choice is theirs and Fate's. Disciples take on a set of guidelines, abilities, skills, and limitations. Each set is unique to each of the nine gods. Most of the gods have allies, opposites, and nemeses. Allies compliment each other, their powers mesh, mutually strengthening them. Allied disciples are naturally drawn together. The agendas of opposites contradict each other, but do not necessarily directly interfere with each other's agenda. Opposite disciples are generally neutral and usually are not antagonistic, but have a passive repulsion. Nemeses are combatant enemies. It is the will of the gods that one nemesis' disciples attempt to overpower the other.

Relationships between disciples can cause their powers to strengthen or limitations to weaken. Allied disciples that form a bond may experience a sharing of powers. Opposites that do so can sometimes weaken their taboos.

Spoiler:

Reference for powers and limitations.
Spoiler:

Rules
No godmodding.
My word is law.
No OP, we all have our powers and limitations.
All players must choose a god, no "Marked"
It's 2015, no lasers or anything.
Suggestions are welcome, this OP could use some ironing (hey, man, it's 11:40).

Application

Name:

Disciple of:

Personality:

Skills (including combat):

Profession (I/A):

Music (optional):

*****The OP may change. Not drastically, just stay on your toes (I wrote it in one sitting at 11 pm).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 am

[reserved]

Fenway, if you'd like to co-GM, it would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:05 am

Name: Kyle Alger Everill

Disciple of: Ersu

Personality: Generally placid and stoic, but prone to act brashly when pressured. Not very good with people in general. Prefers building one or two very strong relationships over managing many acquaintances. Easygoing and relaxed.

Skills (including combat): Decent with computers. Rational thinker. Good at hunting and self-sufficiency in general. Fairly accurate with small- and medium-caliber guns over long distances.

Profession (I/A): Remote techie-for-hire working from home (home being used in a rather broad sense).

Music (optional):
Spoiler:

Last edited by Tau on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:47 am

Name: Jack 'Malice'

Disciple of: XM

Personality: Friendly, To the point, carefree

Skills (including combat): Stealth, swordsmanship, Rifles

Profession (I/A): Wandering Soul

Music (optional): Will do later

Last edited by Soul of Jack on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:01 am

Name: Markus A. Sorel

Disciple of: Amlia

Personality: A very (very) calm, easygoing person, who will either talk you out of violence or read your soul like a book to find out why you are.

Skills: (Besides the Amlian abilities) Very good technical (electronics/computer) skills, and a near-magical ability to escape dangerous situations (up to the level of the Doctor, escape artist).

Profession (I/A): I.T. technician.

Music (optional): Will find later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 am

Name: James Anderson

Disciple of: XM

Personality: Pretty laid-back, doesn't care about much. His solution to all problems is to ignore them. After gaining disciple powers he's grown rather arrogant, and his solution to money problems is robbing a bank or something, since after all, thanks to the gateway power he won't be caught.

Skills (including combat): Good at ignoring stuff, which might just as well be a weakness. In fights he usually uses the tentacle power or a ranged weapon if available.

Profession (I/A): Before becoming a disciple: Student and programmer. After becoming a disciple: Wandering the world, sometimes even other worlds. Cause who needs a job when you can summon a mass of tentacles?

Music (optional): May find at some point in the life of the universe.

Last edited by Daynel on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Name: Ivan Richard

Disciple of: Ur

Personality: friendly, but terrifying when angered. likes to communicate with others but fails at it. Prefers strong relationships over many acquaintances. nerdy

Skills (including combat): Good knowledge of Physics, knows his way around buiseness, military tactics and politics, can code simple programs, capable of wielding a Katana (altough incapable of successfully engaging against a skilled swordfighter), can shoot a semi-automatic pistol

Profession (I/A): low-level adviser at the secretary of defense

Music (optional): dependent on mood and situation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Name: Sarah Borlean

Disciple of: Amlia

Personality: Nice person, well natured, likes people.

Skills (including combat): Good social skills

Profession (I/A): Waitress

Music (optional):
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Name: Alexander Morrison

Disciple of: Lokt

Personality: Usually bored, shy, seeks to have some fun, and maybe take over the world on the side.

Skills: Basic computer skills, has  a general idea of how gun, bow and sword fights work.

Profession: Student.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Name: Cyytic Vyytriiy, uses human alias Eam

Disciple of: Optus

Personality: Subtle, quiet, manipulating. Can be kind or cruel.

Skills (including combat): Bribery, forgery, extortion, blackmail, kidnapping, and painting

Profession (I/A): Banker, also spy for the Strigiforme

Music (optional):

Backstory: Human raised by Strigiforme to investigate the gods, possibly a Strigiforme that was cursed by Strigiforme gods to be human. Either way, he watches.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 am

Tau, accepted

Jack, accepted

Error, accepted

Daynel, accepted

Ivan, introverted disciple of Ur? Interesting. Accepted.

Luna, accepted

Solar, accepted

Ach, no. No alien spys, no extra-terrestrial intervention (other than the gods, of course)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:18 am

@Mercury I actually made my char very similar to myself IRL. Yes, I am introvert and would choose Ur. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I can GM if required.

But otherwise...

Name: Direl

Disciple of: Lux

Personality: Completely Deaf, cannot speak, and extremely isolationist. Does not have any relationships with others, and merely isolates himself with his many machines in a private lab deep in the mountains.

Skills (including combat): Extremely intelligent and observant, well suited for long-range combat as he uses a custom HUD that locates sound for him.

Profession (I/A): Private inventor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:32 pm

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Tau wrote:
OOC:

I believe Fenway may have killed this with the other RP.
Damn empire RPs, drawing attention from the actually good ones...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

I would be ready to play both RPs.
someone just needs to start it.
someone like Mercury, since he started it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:24 pm

If mercury doesn't start this in 12 hours I will.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:12 am

((OOC: It's close enough to 12 hours.))

Alex found himself in a cave, with rocks layed out in a circular pattern, with one set apart from the other, the outlier he immediately recognised as Quet. He walked around the stones, until he found the one that represented Lokt, kneeling before the stone he placed his hands on it and closed his eyes.

Waking up, he remembered what happened in his dream, A small smirk appeared on his face as he lied down and went back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:09 pm

OOC: Suggestion - Add a new "ability" to all the disciples - immortality, allowing them to regenerate (for want of a better word) when they die, so we can (id we need/want to ) skip between time frames. Also prevents characters getting killed outright by stuff, so we don't lose players.

BIC:
Markus' head snapped up. Ok. A cave. This must be dream material...and rocks. Lots of them. With markings.

He got up and walked over to the nearest rock..a mark. His mind offered that it was Ur, The Wheel. Hm...how did he know that? Scanning the other rocks, he found one that he recognized as Amlia. Walking over, he kneeled and placed his hand on the stone.

A flash, then darkness. He woke up.

That was...oddly vivid. Oh, well. It must be too good to be true, anyway. Markus rolled out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Kyle looked up. He saw he was inside a cavern of some sort. Two red flashes appeared before him. Blink mask is still working, apparently.

He felt no more aware afterward, however. Already lucid, huh? Well then.

He stopped to observe the cave some more. A neat array of stalactites. A small puddle tucked away in a corner. A circle of rocks. Symbols etched on them.

He walked over to a rock. On it was etched a symbol - Ersu, his mind offered. Standing before it, he felt a sudden, overpowering sense of hope. A sense of rightness. He touched his hand to the stone, closed his eyes, and woke up.

Last edited by Tau on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:56 pm

I want to be a marked!!!!

Its a valid option,as far as i know,why are you leaving me to choose for a god?

I only fight for myself!

NO GODS,NO MASTERS! remember?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Application

Name: Lee Everet

Disciple of: Divine Watchmaker

Personality:

Skills (including combat): Knows how to use some guns and general survival at wilderness,when the frenzy for survivalism came after 11 September. Otherwise,no abilities regarding fighting.

Profession (I/A): Researcher at a underground private lab

Music (optional):
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Ivan was in a cave.
He did know it was a dream, which confused him as he had never had a lucid dream before.

Looking around, he noticed an array of stones.
Observing them more closely, he noticed they had symbols inscribed into them.
He walked up to one of them, sensing it was Lokt. That stone made him uneasy though, so he moved on.
The next stone he stopped at was XM. That one was more intersting, but it felt dangerous to even get close to the stone.
He walked on to Ur and simply felt right around it.
He touched the stone-and woke up.

A strange dream indeed, but he had no time. It was already 6:45 and he had to get to a meeting discussing the recent sightings of classified developments in the public. Damn UFO hunters...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:58 pm

OOC: Updated application because I realized the RP starts with the selection of a god. I feel stupid now..

BIC:
James woke up in a cave. Or did he really wake up? It felt like those times when you are awake but feel like you're dreaming, but surely this was too strange to be real.
He got up, and found himself in the middle of a ring of stones. They all had odd inscriptions on them, and he could feel a sort of.. power, radiating out from each of the stones.
James started walking between the stones, touching them, absorbing their information. If it was a dream, how could he imagine all this? And if it was real... how could he understand it?
Disciples. Powers. Nemeses, opposites, taboos it all was so weird, yet still, in a strange way, it made complete sense.

Then, he started getting something about.. gods?
These stones, each and every one of the nine stones contained information about a god, its powers, what it required of a disciple.
James started walking again. The Ur one seemed interesting. These seemed like powers for a leader, and the taboo wasn't all that bad. However, being a leader and having responsibilities wasn't really James' thing.
The other gods either had stupid agendas, stupid taboos, stupid powers, sometimes all three. But then he got to one that was.. different from the others.
This stone radiated not only power, but a feeling of horror, chaos and darkness.
This one was really interesting. The powers were pretty cool, there were no taboos, and there wasn't really any clear agenda.
And besides, James had since long ago been a fan of darkness and horror and stuff.

Suddenly he woke up. For real this time.
James was lying in his bed. A wonderful December morning outside the window. Probably. When it's 8 AM and it's pitch black outside, you don't see much.
James got out of bed. He turned on the TV and just heard that the university was closed due to a major snow storm that had raged during the night.
"School canceled due to snow." James said to himself. "Never thought that would happen, not here at least."
He put on shoes and a jacket and walked out of the apartment. He walked down to ground level, and was majorly surprised.
The front door was covered by a meter of snow.
"A hell of a snow storm indeed..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:06 pm

My apologies, my ability to internet had been diminished for the past day or so, so yes begin begin begin.

Fen and LS accepted

Character list
Spoiler:

I'll be doing some actual GMing.

Disciples, newly chosen or otherwise (characters do not have to start out in the selection cave), suddenly find themselves in a large circular arena-about 250 meters in diameter. The stone arches that form the walls of the arena, as well as the gravely sand that makes up its floor, are all perfectly white. The gravel around the edge glows softly, illuminating the walls and the disciples, but the center is dark. The sky is pitch, no stars nor bodies save three orbs: a crescent moon, a dim green sun, and a single planet that orbits the sun about every minute. If one was to look closely, they would see that the moon was filling with light slowly as the planet orbited the sun.

There are 18 disciples in the arena, all spaced out along its edge, two for each god. The Disciples have only what they were wearing at the time of the transition. Beside each disciple is a black wooden chest. The contents of the chest is different for each god.

Ur's chests: A notebook, a pencil, and small knife. On the top of the chest, there is a simple headset with a boom microphone.

Amlia's chests: A thin breastplate and winged helmet, an elastic bandage, and a small seed. On top of the chest is a small earpiece.

Ersu's chests: A thin, wispy hood, tunic, and pants, a light bow with two arrows, and a long dagger. On top of the chest is a small earpiece.

Optus's chests: A bucket of water, five gold pieces, a short jewel-encrusted axe, and a lighter. On top of the chest is a small earpiece.

Lux's chests: A pair of binoculars, a piece of paper, a pen, a few mechanical bits and pieces, and a box with a complex lock mechanism. On top of the chest is a small earpiece (and a chip for Driel's eyepiece).

Long Man's chests: A few furs, a stick with a few leaves on it, a large stone, and a hamster. On top of the chest is a small earpiece.

Lokt's chests: A long, curved blade, a tooth-spiked white crown, and a serrated staff with a spearhead on one end. On top of the chest is a small earpiece.

Quet's chests: A long sword with an obsidian edge and a yellow note with the word "kill." There are broken pieces of an earpiece on the top of the chest.

Xm's chests: A distant mesh of whispers and darkness with a substance that seems like it fills more than the chest. A thick layer of dust covers the chest and surrounding area. This layer of dust covers an earpiece that is lying on the top of the chest.

Music for this chapter of RP:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MercurySteam on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Gods and Men   

Back to top Go down

Of Gods and Men
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next