Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:45 am



"Blockland is a non-linear sandbox game with no set goals, giving players the freedom to design and construct elaborate structures. Styled as a tiny minifigure, players build inside of the virtual world using bricks reminiscent of toy blocks. These structures can be built in either a single-player or multiplayer (either online or through a local area network) setting."


"This game is like a fusion between Garry's Mod and Legos, but FAR easier to play. You can do pretty much anything in a stylized block world - houses, cities, deathmatches, survival games, racing tracks - and a lot more with its intuitive building and eventing system. "

BUY IT NOW

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 am

*thoughtful look*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:56 am

Pretty sure blockland was F2P.

That and Roblox is free, even though the community is shite, it's very amusing to play on it and announce "Santa isn't real"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Prototype wrote:
Pretty sure blockland was F2P.

That and Roblox is free, even though the community is shite, it's very amusing to play on it and announce "Santa isn't real"

..the heck are you on about? Blockland has never had a free2play model, it's costed twenty bucks on the publisher's site for years now (with a free demo available) and just recently got approved on Steam Greenlight.

Roblox isn't free, you have to buy some 100$ package to actually do anything worthwhile last I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 330
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 19
Location : Your Dreams

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:02 pm

This game reminds me of something
Spoiler:
 
Can't quite put my finger on it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:17 pm

I mean yeah, it's not like Blockland was released a full 5 years before Minecraft was even in development or anything like that. Flexible eventing system? Beautiful dynamic shaders? Full support for modding, with an online database ingame? Minigame implementation that allows almost any kind of game to be created within it? Clearly all stolen from Minecraft. After all, you build stuff, so ergo it has to be a ripoff.

Could've said that more politely, but please think before you speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Pretty sure blockland was F2P.

That and Roblox is free, even though the community is shite, it's very amusing to play on it and announce "Santa isn't real"

..the heck are you on about? Blockland has never had a free2play model, it's costed twenty bucks on the publisher's site for years now (with a free demo available) and just recently got approved on Steam Greenlight.

Roblox isn't free, you have to buy some 100$ package to actually do anything worthwhile last I remember.

ah, I may have pirated it by accident, not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 330
Join date : 2012-02-13
Age : 19
Location : Your Dreams

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
I mean yeah, it's not like Blockland was released a full 5 years before Minecraft was even in development or anything like that. Flexible eventing system? Beautiful dynamic shaders? Full support for modding, with an online database ingame? Minigame implementation that allows almost any kind of game to be created within it? Clearly all stolen from Minecraft. After all, you build stuff, so ergo it has to be a ripoff.

Could've said that more politely, but please think before you speak.
In a word, mods. What I'm saying is that why would I want something I already have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
I mean yeah, it's not like Blockland was released a full 5 years before Minecraft was even in development or anything like that. Flexible eventing system? Beautiful dynamic shaders? Full support for modding, with an online database ingame? Minigame implementation that allows almost any kind of game to be created within it? Clearly all stolen from Minecraft. After all, you build stuff, so ergo it has to be a ripoff.

Could've said that more politely, but please think before you speak.
In a word, mods.

In a few more words, that's not only a grossly inaccurate synopsis, but also a borderline debase one. As for Minecraft, that's comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruit, sure, but each fills a niche unto itself.

I'd deliberate, but I'm pretty sure you're just trying to rustle my jimmies at this point...a wise man once said to never indulge provocateurs.

Anyway, fully simulated and interactive legos on the computer, plus guns, bots, and stuff for six bucks. That's my message. Peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 17
Location : Ancapistan

PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:08 am

Tiel, you beat me to it.

For everyone else, quit comparing Blockland to Roblox and MC.

MC is a voxel-based building and survival / sandbox game. Modding is quite difficult, but mods can do pretty extreme stuff to the game. Physics are mostly disregarded, partly due to the game's voxel-based nature. Building is inflexible. Decent graphics. The community is absolutely massive, and pretty mature for the most part. Moderately expensive, but worth the $25 it costs.

Roblox is a sandbox building game. Modding is impossible, but it has an incredibly capable scripting system, and building is also extremely flexible. Physics are somewhat questionable on certain scales, but are very good for the most part. Graphics are perfectly adequate. The community is incredibly immature, unless you know where to look (which no one does these days). Free to play, but you have to pay $300 and your first born child to get anywhere fast.

Blockland is Legos meets Garry's Mod. Making add-ons is moderately difficult, but the things you can do with them are incredible. Physics are questionable on all scales, but that's what makes it so quirky and fun. Building is inflexible, but this is partially a good thing; it forces you to think out of the box when building (plus it drives the modding community). Graphics, all things considered, are wonderful (and any $500 laptop from the past two years will consistently run ~90fps). Community is tiny (~40000 unique paying players). Community is old overall, but immature for their age. Cheap.

As an aside, Blockland is perfectly playable without downloading add-ons, but it gets boring real fast without 'em (unless you play multiplayer, where the mods on the server are temporarily transferred to your system). So yeah, it's basically Garry's Mod in Lego form.

As another aside, I have an alt license key I never use that I'll be giving away to the 2nd person to PM me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam   

Back to top Go down
 
Blockland is currenty 6$ on Steam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» introduce some Chinese Traditional Medicine solution for migraine

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: