Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Equivalent Exchange

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:31 pm

OOC: I realise I didn't actually give Alpha aspects, but I've come up with a system. Rather than permanently learning magic skills, Alpha can temporarily copy them, but the copied skill is of much lower quality, and is quickly forgotten. Elemental aspects can be learnt easier, but mastery is near impossible, with the exception of Alpha's natural element electricity, which skills can be permanently retained. Is this ok or am I making it too OP?

BIC:

Alpha didn't understand the intentions of the thieves stood before him, and just stood there waiting for one of them to do something.

"Defectives don't sell well, we'd be better off dismantling it and selling the parts, they look unique, or at least I've never seen any like that, we should be able to get a decent sum, go fetch the cutter" the theif stood directly in front of him told his comrade, who promptly left, to return with some form of cutting device

"Hold still, this wont hurt a bit" the theif told Alpha as he stepped forwards with the cutter. Alpha saw the danger in the cutter, and swiped downwards, knocking the device out of the mans hand, and judging by the scream of pain, breaking a few of his fingers in the process.
"PUT HIM DOWN NOW" the man yelled, and one of his associates stepped forwards, holding a lump of rock. The man with the rock uttered something, and it burst into flames. He hurled it at Alpha, but it just bounced off of his exoskeleton.

Alpha extended the buzzing thing from his wrist, and lunged forwards, catching it on the man's throat, practically beheading him.

The other two thieves watched in horror as their accomplice slumped to the ground, one pulled out a gun, the other just stood there clasping his hands.

"I really, really wouldn't advise doing that" Alpha said

"Shit, it wasn't even defective"

OOC: Alphas learning system also copies stuff like languages, hence why he can now speak english
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:09 pm

OOC: Proto your placement is off, you say you are deep south but south is the seas. Care to fix?

BIC: "Sorry guys, bars closed for a while, heading to inner city to get supplies," She shoed away some unhappy bar goers. Rose was going over pre-flight checks for the not so long journey into the inner city. She detached the tethering rope and started up the engine. The ship rose and turned north, the props on the side of the ship whirred into action sending the ship forward at a considerable speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Luna wrote:
OOC: Proto your placement is off, you say you are deep south but south is the seas. Care to fix?

Outer south is the harbor and bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:09 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Luna wrote:

So there is land past the bay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:11 am

Jarvis inputted several more characters on the screen and adjusted the metallic field. That was his name for it- Certain objects emitted a field that attracted certain metals. And this 'star' was emitting a huge one. It was screwing with the power routing throughout his complex. His adjustments were quickly put into action, and his field strength indicator dropped to ambient levels. He smiled and stood up, fully prepared to present his finding to the research agency. He pushed those aside when his communicator began beeping. Urgent message. He picked it up and pressed three of the buttons on the side at once. "This is Jarvis, go ahead," he said in a slight monotone. He began walking towards the elevator.

"Security detail 7, we have a situation," replied the guard at the other end, almost panicky. "Code Francesca."

"Francesca?" Jarvis picked up speed and entered the elevator, flipping the lever marked Armory. "What the hell is going on up there?"

"Unidentified Strigiforme at the entrance attempting entry. Currently through 6 inches of steel."

"SIX INCHES?" Jarvis yelled into the communicator, shaking in rage. "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING HIM GET THROUGH SIX INCHES OF STEEL?"

"H-he has some sort of d-deflection barrier up, our weapons are useless against him," the guard stammered, suddenly struck with fear. There was a small rumble. Several alarms went off, blaring entry alarms throughout the large complex.

"That'd be the Energy Barrier, wouldn't it?" Jarvis cursed. He dialed the speed up on the elevator- he couldn't get to the armory fast enough. "Dammit! Stall him any way you can, i'm on my way."

"Y-yes sir." Jarvis shut the transmission off as he reached the armory. He sped through the barely-opened doors and quickly reached the main console. After a puzzle and several security codes, he began activating systems. Automated defense systems. Energy Barriers. He then took out a small key and inserted it into a slot next to the console. It unlocked the cover for a red button, and Jarvis slammed it.

A panel slid open and an array of weaponry was mounted on the wall behind it. Jarvis walked over and brushed the dust off of the plaque that adorned the center: EXTREME PREJUDICE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 am

Ryl crept along the darkened pier, eyes open and senses sharp. Spotting his target - a ship's captain with one too many cheats under his belt - he silently lowered himself into the water and began moving. Slowly.

Approaching the man, who stood alone on the bow of his vessel, he pulled himself smoothly and silently up towards the man, his arm-mounted sting blades sliding out with a quiet snick. Reaching out, a lot of things happened. The man leaned forwards; Ryl grabbed his neck with one arm, yanking him down; the man fell; the sting blades slid into his torso, killing him without so much as a cough.

Letting the body fall to the water, Ryl closed the blades and jumped, swimming off towards his escape point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Luna wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Luna wrote:

OOC: I'm on the coast

BIC:

"Put the gun down, trust me, you'd be better off" Alpha calmly told the armed theif, who was still furious over the death of his accomplice

"Stupid fucking robot, you don't seem to know who holds the power here, even if I don't kill you, and believe me I will, enforcers will catch you, you're a maverick now, you won't even be tried" The theif spat at him

"A theif threatening to sic law enforcement on me? Should I laugh at that? Perhaps, but you should stop pointing that at me"

"Make me"

Alpha had been thinking about how the now dead accomplice of the gunman had set solid rock alight, he didn't understand it, but he beleived he could recereate it. He focused on the gun, willing it to burst into flames.

What he got was a little more dramatic, the ammunition inside the gun burst, completely melting the firing mechanism and warping the barrel to the point of uselessness.

"Shit, run"

The gunman dropped his weapon, turned and fled, his wounded accomplice not far behind him.

Problem solved, Alpha decided to move away, he figured he wasn't far away from the ocean, so he headed the opposite direction along the coast to the thieves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Rose looked at the controls, looked like one of the engines was malfunctioning she’d have to fix it when she got on the ground. She looked around at the city below her and saw the military academy coming up fast. However as she approached for docking someone tried to wave her off and she noticed there were sirens blaring and lights flashing. She docked despite their encouragement not to. She quickly hooked up and ran out to see what was wrong.

“Excuse me miss, the academy is currently in a state of emergency and we need you to leave,” he said sternly.

“No, I can help. I’m a trained and certified mercenary, I have a mostly functioning airship and who knows maybe I can help you with whatever technical jimbo jabo you have going on,” Rose stared at him.

“Do you have all your papers?” He asked calmly.

“Really? Fine I’ll get them,” she said running back into the ship. Seconds later she ran out and passed the officer shoving a copy of her certifications in his arms.

“Wait! Were under attack from a Strigiforme, I’m not sure where he is but I just thought I would tell you!” he called after Rose. She stopped, turned and thanked him before galloping towards the central building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Luna wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Luna wrote:

Well, eventually. The bay opens into the Ixian Sea, which leads to the ocean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Falldin walked slowly, a calculated limp in his step and a hunch in his back that made him lean uncomfortably on his coal-black walking stick. A necessary discomfort, all adding to the ruse of an old researcher. The pendant that identified him as a government official hung around his neck, dangling in front of the top buttons of his uniform. He made no effort to hide it, it would strike the perfect level of nervousness in his target. He paid closer attention to the sound of the wooden end of his cane on the patterned stone brick floor of the Central Plaza.

Distant bells tolled and sirens squealed along the inner wall to the west. Several police lights flashed on vehicles as they sped through the inner wall. Odd, the Military Police would usually have taken care of any disturbances, but not odd enough for the people in the plaza to give a second glance. He would look into it after he finished this mission. Most of the junior State Alchemists had been assigned to the eastern border of Ixani to keep watch over Strigiforme activity. The seniors were left to take the grunt work, like the assassination of Falldin's target, which he saw a few meters away, standing watchfully in the hustling crowd.

A large avian in a low hood that was stepping recklessly bumped into Falldin. He was destabalized and, instead of catching himself, ungracefully tumbled to the ground. He was only about a meter from his target, a human wearing tinted glasses and a hat that was too small for his bare head. Falldin's fall drew some attention from the target, but he could use his position to his advantage, anyway. The man turned his head to lessen the possibility of being recognized. Falldin pushed his legs under him and touched the tattooed pads of his middle finger and thumb of the hand that was holding the cane. As he sprung from the ground, the cane emitted a faint glow as it flattened itself into a graphite-black sword. It sliced the man's neck, severing his arteries and trachea. There were cleaner methods, certainly, but this took less energy. The crowd surrounding the scene collectively gasped, but began moving again when they saw the government insignia on Falldin's pendant. He removed a paper from the pocket of his uniform and laid it on the corpse, then stretched his back from the hunch.

He wiped the blood from his cane as he started across the plaza toward the west gate just shy of a run. He had stored his transportation against a building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:24 pm

OOC: why not a diamond sword?

BIC:

Alpha had found a path, leading to, assuming the sign he had saw as correct, the harbour. He had encountered a few travellers along his way, the first few had run off screaming when they saw him, he later realised his hands were still soaked in blood from his earlier ordeal, they all screamed he was a maverick as they ran, whatever that meant.

The rest of the travellers all gave him a wide berth, some shouting obscenities, and in one case hurling rocks at him, Alpha gathered mechaniloid beings weren't exactly liked. But not all of them avoided him, not all of them treated him like he was carrying some horrible infectious disease.

Roughly 3 miles away from the port, Alpha had come across an old human, it appeared he had been attacked, likely by the same thieves who had attacked him earlier. The old man was sitting on a rock by the side of the path, clutching his chest.

"Are you alright?" Alpha asked

"Not quite, some thugs tried to rob me, when they realised I didn't have anything, they clubbed me and ran" the old man replied

"How many of them were there?"

"Three I think, one of them had alchemist marks, a fire alchemist"

"I believe I ran into them" Alpha told the old man "they shouldn't bother anyone else for a while"

"Good heavens you didn't"

"Unfortunately, they gave me no choice, but only one forced my hand, the other two  fled after that" Alpha explained, "It's ok if you want to run, everyone else has so far"

"Well you are technically a maverick now, but considering the circumstances, I don't think you did wrong"

"A maverick? I keep hearing this, what does it mean" Alpha asked

"A maverick is a robot that has rebelled against its masters, and has gone on to spill human blood" the old man informed him

"But I had no master, are well all supposed to have masters?"

"Well, I didn't recognise your markings, so I gather you don't belong to any Ixani family, you don't look Strigiforme and you clearly aren't an enforcer drone, so you must be something odd, I doubt you would have a master, at least you don't now, if you go into the city, and can't prove you belong to someone you'll either be kidnapped on the spot to work as a slave or turned over to enforcers and scrapped"

"And they think I'm the monster"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Jarvis marched into the main entry chamber and sealed the blast doors behind him. He leveled the cannon at the outer door- it was visibly melting, the final few inches of steel seconds away from melting. He deactivated the safety and listened to the steady hum of the weapon charge- the three focusing crystals began spinning within their gyroscopic frame. He waited. And as the final inch of steel crumbled, he fired.

A pulsing, bright blue beam shot out of the front, sustained by a constant conversion of nuclear fuel into pure energy. Jarvis noted a figure dodging away from the beam before the outer door was smothered in smoke, disintegrating instantly under the power of the launcher. Jarvis swung the beam around, the weapon beginning to glow red with heat, and sliced through whatever remained of the door. More smoke and an explosion. He shut the beam off as the gun began to beep, the entire entry door now nothing but a pile of molten steel. He watched the dust cloud, and a silhouette became apparent through the dissipating dust.

The Strigiforme chuckled as he walked toward Jarvis, tossing aside a small device. Jarvis followed it with his eyes- it was arcing with electricity, having suffered a power overload. Shielding device. "Quite a display, wasn't it?" the Strigiforme said, still chuckling. "But it appears I overestimated you."

"What is it that you want?" Jarvis asked, though he already knew the answer. He wanted him dead. Jarvis began to circle the Strigiforme, keeping a close eye on him and his movements. The Strigiforme matched his movements.

"What do any of us want? What do you want?" The Strigiforme laughed. "With your intelligence, you aught to know."

"Someone wants me dead, is that it?" Jarvis threw the gun aside and tapped a key on his mounted console and a pulsing blue blade unsheathed from his hand, almost the length of his arm. The Strigiforme laughed.

"Is that your best guess? Because you're wrong." The Strigiforme pulled a sword out from the sheath on his back and activated it. It glowed blue, and Jarvis realized it was the same energy as his sword. But it was obvious that it wasn't made the same way- technology.

"Either way, you made a mistake coming here." Jarvis lunged at the Strigiforme, and the first of many blows sounded through the room.

(ACH if you wish to play the Strigiforme here, go ahead.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 pm

"Not bad, Naleko, but try to focus on the gauges and meters, not just transmitting the energy."
Quentin tried to split his focus, but he had never been good at it.
The class were working on manipulating electrical energy to power different functions in a certain device in different ways.
The device was a box. A box filled with meters and moving parts, and what looked like a tesla coil sticking out on one end. This was the piece that recieved the energy.

The teacher, Mr. Alectus, was walking around in the classroom giving everyone short comments about their work.
"Tengides, how many times have I told you to stay focused on your project!" Mr. Alectus said, slapping a student in the back of his head.
"You should have plenty of time talking to young ladies on your spare time, seeing how you never deliver your homework."
The student was about to deliver one of his infamous stupid and only-to-him funny comebacks, when something exploded.
The teacher turned around and sighed.
"And then, of course, there's miss Navidion. This is electricity class, not fire class. There is a difference, you know."
The young lady looked down in shame.
"Oh, but I did use electricity, Sir."
"Then what was the problem this time?"
She looked even more embarrassed.
"I.. I may have overloaded the systems just a little bit..." she said, in a lower and lower voice.
The teacher sighed again, and shook his head slowly.
"You know these devices aren't really cheap?"
"Yes, Sir."
"And you if anyone should know that students have to pay to replace what they break."
"Yes, Sir.."
"Surprised, really," The teacher finally said, "That you and your family aren't living as beggars to pay for everything you've broken."
He then got back to his place in the front of the class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Alpha didn't understand why things were as the old man was saying.

"Do you know why robots are treated like that?" Alpha finally asked him

"They don't see you as being alive, you are mere tools to them, just like the other dumb machines, why would they care if they thought you were just a tool"

"What distinguished us from them, we appear to think and act the same, we have souls like them" Alpha replied

"Well... Souls yes, but robots souls are manufactured, people's souls are natural, this is evident by robots cannot use magic"

"Cannot use magic? But earlier I... It'd be easier to show you"

Alpha stood up, picking up a twig that had fallen from a nearby tree, held it in his open palm in front of the old man, and proceeded to set it alight

"Incredible, how did you learn this?" The old man asked, astounded

"I... Watched someone else do it, I just copied them, but I couldn't quite get it"

"Well, I know a thing or two about magic, perhaps I can teach you, see if you really can use magic"

The old man stood up, picking up his cane, "we call this one the Thunder Blade" and with that, the cane erupted in arcs of electricity, glowing white hot, this lasted around ten seconds, before the sparks fizzled out and the cane returned to normal. "Try copying that"

Alpha stood back, the man had used a cane as a medium, Alpha did not have such an item. An idea hit Alpha, the instructions in his head told him he had a ranged weapon concealed in his right arm, a plasma cannon, it didn't work, but it collected plasma formed as a by product of his internal reactor, perhaps the plasma stored could be manipulated to act as a medium.

Alpha drew the cannon, his hand sliding back into his forearm, and a cylindrical tube sliding out in its place. He aimed it in from of him, and concentrated.

A four foot arc of plasma erupted from the end of the cannon, sparking with electrical energy, a formidible weapon if used correctly. The arc remained in the air for roughly five seconds before sparking out.

"Seems you are gifted with the electrical element, I retract my comment about robots being unable to wield magic"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Fire Rose’s eyes caught sight of the beam of energy coming from the building, she rushed to it hooves hitting the ground hard. Several people were fleeing from the building. Rose rounded a corner and saw the hole of what was once a door. She heard some conversation between two people. Her head peeked around the corner and she saw the two running at each other, two swords of energy clashing.

She didn’t know how to judge combat skill in a strigiforme but she could tell the human was severely lacking in combat skills. Fire Rose watched them fight for a few seconds waiting for and opportune time to strike. Rose a pulse of yellow aura at the strigiforme. However she miscalculated the energy required to knock him over and instead it pushed him a little, bringing her to his attention. The human noticed his opponents slight look to the side and did his own glance. He didn’t get much but all he knew was that there was someone there. The two kept fighting and Rose finally decided to just jump in.

She landed next to the human and put up a barrier between the strigiforme and him. To her amazement the swords cut through the barrier with ease and they merely sliced through it. The stigiforme decided that she was a threat and made a lunge for the comparatively tiny being. Fire Rose was to quick and jumped out of the way. She made a spinning blade out of magical energy and began to combat the large beast with it. The energy sword cut through it every time and she had to make new ones frequently. The battle raged on as the Human and the Pony worked together to combat the invading Stigiforme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 pm

The Strigiforme, dodging two enemies' attacks, was needless to say, a little strained. He decided the best way to solve a problem was to divide and conquer; and with a random bystander, this was easy. He maneuvered himself between his two foes, a dangerous position.

He could tell they thought they had him; most combatants would. The pony attacked; with the two having no knowledge of the other's plans or strategies, it was simple enough. He lept over the attack; just barely enough. The attack continued into the human, knocking him aside. The Strigiforme then attempted to rush past the fallen human.

As he vaulted over, the human almost passing out from having been hit with a highly dangerous weapon, the Strigiforme slapped the pony with the blade hard enough to knock it over, probably breaking a few ribs. The Strigiforme didn't get over unscathed easily either; the man reached up in a slice that shaved off half the Strigiforme's lower beak and burned part of its face.

The Strigiforme slapped the man into unconsciousness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Cuuyth, Council Building

The Minister of the Mechanical Arts walked out of the Council Chambers and into the tall courtyard of the Council Building, the dazzling mid morning golden sunlight putting his grey feathers in bass relief. He proceeded to a small, well carved stone outbuilding in the courtyard, with conspicuous overlooking windows with conspicuous tubes and conspicuous camoflauged owls. The small building revealed a metal room, with a code dial and a heavily armed guard. The Minister input the code, showed his ID, and took a blood typing test.

Other measures worked silently; no expense was taken in the security of this facility.

The door on both sides closed, and through a tall and thick, bullet and plasma proof window, the Minister observed his descent into the Cuuyth Technological Workshops. First, he saw the 50 meter thick cement-steel rebar and plasma shield wall the Workshop was protected by. Then, he saw the Praiigaiion, the ship believed to have taken the Strigiforme to this world. It was on this top floor to be shown to the Councilors above to be used to squeeze more funding from; the ship was, of course, important, but to the Councilors it merely represented a wise investment. It was what was inside that was the most important.

The ship, once a long time ago, could carry Strigiforme to distant stars. It's systems were more or less intact, and their functionings were more or less understood. The only cinch was that due to the changes in physics, the FTL drive could never operate.

The Workshop's main goal was rectifying this.

The immense power and devices needed were being gathered, and no one one would ever be the wiser.

-This is the epic quest of this RP; stop the Strigiforme from fixing everything(or not?)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Jarvis had prepared for this contingency.

He was terrible at combat, and he had been a little headstrong with the Strigiforme here, but he wasn't stupid. Far from it. Before he even contacted the ground, unconscious, a thin metallic web covering his entire body and essentially invisible hummed to life. An energy connection was instantly made with this metallic web and the facility's power network, as well as the management AI. The skeletal fabric instantly hardened and thickened, forming a protective exoskeleton and sealing the body from further damage. At the same time, multiple electronic systems fired into Jarvis' brain, reactivating critical parts of the brain and jolting him back into consciousness. He momentarily analyzed the situation.

The Strigiforme was about to finish off the pony, slowly approaching it with his weapon drawn. The pony herself was struggling to get up or produce a protective shield, but whatever it was, it was feeble at best. Jarvis spotted the discarded plasma cannon a few feet away from him. By now, it should have cooled off. And Jarvis picked himself up.

The Strigiforme was alerted to him getting up, and he turned around. Jarvis momentarily noticed a look of surprise on the Strigiforme's face, then the all-to-familiar look of hatred. He ignored the pony and began walking toward Jarvis, laughing. "I should have known you'd have a trick or two up your sleeve," he said, almost mockingly.

"I have more than you think," Jarvis said, backing up. He pressed a couple of keys on his console. His energy blade briefly flickered on and died nearly instantly, a few feeble sparks coming off of it. The Strigiforme laughed. Behind him, the cannon hummed into life.

"You realize I only wished to ask for a partnership, do you not?" The Strigiforme continued walking. A partnership? What was he getting at?

"What are you getting at owl? That you would pierce my defenses, nearly kill me, then try to ask for my cooperation? With what?" Jarvis moved closer to the cannon. The Strigiforme stayed locked on Jarvis. "I know how you operate. Lies and trickery." But he had an idea. A small one, but an idea nevertheless.

"What would we have to gain by killing you?" Jarvis was almost on top of the cannon now.

"Quite a lot, frankly." Jarvis stopped moving backwards. As did the Strigiforme. The Strigiforme sheathed his sword and pulled a plasma pistol out, pointing it at Jarvis.

"You are farther along in technology than any other person on the planet. Even if we don't agree with your... methods..."

"I'm not convinced, Strigiforme." At this, Jarvis dived aside and picked up the cannon. The Strigiforme fired a few shots before realizing his actions. Jarvis leveled the cannon at the Strigiforme and fired.

After the blinding white flash subsided, Jarvis walked over to where the Strigiforme had been standing. He knelt down, observing the few feathers and burnt metal that once occupied the owl's place. His eye caught something. A small data-drive, of a type he had invented. Still intact, which was not surprising; this was an Impervium model, built to last. He picked it up and pocketed it, then turned to the pony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:23 pm

The moment the agent died, every Strigiforme assassin and spy 30 miles around knew.

They knew what the target had taken, where he was, and what to do.

Dozens of Strigiforme prepared themselves to follow their target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:51 pm

GMOCC: This RP need not have anything to do with the past (by which I mean future). The laws of physics have been changed. Ships don't work anymore (at all, anywhere, nor do the computers that run them), most were destroyed with the destabilization of their FTL drives (did I put that in the OP? I feel like I might've forgotten to put it in the OP). Absolutely no memory exists, except for a few degraded artifacts, like Proto (whose application I'm still iffy about because a 100,000 YO robot would most likely not be operational). The world only has a moderate grasp of electricity. An analogous period might be about 1900 as tech goes (except for the Cuuyth, they're like SuperGermany).

History is dead.

No computers, no data drives, etc.

GMBIC:

The rotary engine of Falldin's monowheel slowed, then sputtered still. He parked the craft in an alleyway near the Military Academy and walked toward the research campus. A few MPs and city police were standing around the entrances, but they seemed confused and disorganized. He walked past a barrier of bayoneted rifles that was positioned around the main entrance and entered the facility. He sniffed: burned steel, a scent he knew all too well. Most likely the weapon lab, near the armory. Falldin knew this building as if it was his own home, he had spent many of his research and training years there.

He continued down several corridors. Falldin thought as he half-ran through the hallways. He heard his footsteps echo off of something solid, directly in front of him, saw a series of transmutation circles in the wall. Security barriers. He touched the wall with a tattooed finger, the projector circles were broken and the barrier dropped. He descended a set of stairs, stepped into the open portion of the main entry chamber. The heavy steel blast doors had been completely burnt through. That accounted for the smell. He inspected the cut as he stepped through it. Not alchemy, not clean and too hot. An accident? That would account for the lack of MPs. No, there wasn't enough damage on the inside of the room. also the large avian figure leveling some kind of weapon at Falldin's head was a mark against the possibility of an accident.

The owl probably began to speak, Falldin didn't care, he was tired from his earlier, far more anticlimactic assignment and the three others that he had completed that day. He was also agitated that he had been assigned to them in the first place. Senior alchemists killing common criminals in the streets! He sighed as he clapped his palms together, then plunged the side of his fist into the steel wall. The wall swallowed his hand, buckling fluidly, responding to his alchemy. He withdrew his hand as the owl began to run toward him, still saying something that Falldin wasn't paying any attention to. In his hand, Falldin held a large chunk of metal. To kill this owl or just render him unconscious? Coin toss?, Falldin chuckled at himself as he tossed the chunk up and snapped his fingers. Fire erupted from behind the chunk and it was launched toward the owl's head.

OOC: Damnit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Pretty sure he stated that the drive was of Jarvis' own design...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:14 am

Vinyl wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Pretty sure he stated that the drive was of Jarvis' own design...?
WHO DIED AND MADE YOU THE GAME MASTER? NOT ME, 'CAUSE I'M THE MO'FO GAME MASTER.

Seriously, though, no advanced technology unless there are lots of transmutation circles involved. The whole OP was explaining why there's no tech.

steampunk(ish) WWI-era with alchemy and walled cities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:28 am

Ah, but my storyline is still valid because the Strigiforme are trying to re-rewrite physics. Also, the Strigiforme know only a little, but a lot more than everyone else. Also also Fen is the super game lord of all the RPs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:38 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Ah, but my storyline is still valid because the Strigiforme are trying to re-rewrite physics.
That's what I did in the OP, and it goes against the theme of the RP.
Quote :
lso, the Strigiforme know only a little, but a lot more than everyone else. Also also Fen is the super game lord of all the RPs
Here, there is only one god.

The purpose of this was to have a magic-based RP in this setting with a backstory that explained the nonuse of technology and why there're canon races. To get away from spess and ships and lasers and AI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:13 am

"Hi..." Rose muttered still trying to get up. "Sorry about earlier, I don't have good understanding of Strigiforme combat methods. What's your name? I'm Fire Rose, call me Rose."

"I go by Jarvis. Thanks for the help," he said getting her on her hooves but she immediately fell back down. Jarvis looked at her worriedly but she kept on talking.

"It's what I do best. And I have a few questions for you," Rose looked up at Jarvis.

"I might be able to answer them," He said nervously.

"How did you find a weapon that can go through my magic barrier," She said confused.

"I don't know, it was just able to do so, I work in advanced technology."

"Also, what were you thinking going against him, you are a horrible fighter!" Rose's eyes widened.

Jarvis turned away, Rose assumed it was out of embarrassment but it looked like he had something else on his mind.

"I need a medkit, this is a science facility right? Don't suppose you have one around?" Rose said still trying to stand up.

Jarvis ran to a nearby first aid kit and brought it to her. "What's broken?" he asked.

"Few ribs is all I can feel, just need the kit for a few cuts, only time can heal ribs" she said levitating cotton and alcohol from the kit. She pulled out some bandages and stuck them over more severe gashes.

"Can you get up now?" Jarvis looked at her anxiously.

"Think so, ribs will heal in week or so," she placed her hooves on the ground and slowly got up. "This may be a bad time to ask but do you have any jobs in the way of combat for me?" She gave a little nod to the ball of fire on her flank. "What I do best."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equivalent Exchange   

Back to top Go down

Equivalent Exchange
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next