Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach

Go down 
+12
Soul of Jack
ACH0225
Groot
Delta
Tiel+
Commander Error
Commander Kobialka
Iv121
Caramell
Hierarch CMA
MercurySteam
Tau
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Empty
PostSubject: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:14 am

This mission insignia was seen on the side of an Atlas V fairing containing classified surveillance equipment belonging to the National Reconnaissance Office. The rocket it was on was launched a few days ago.

Spoiler:
This makes me sick to my fucking soul.

EDIT: I found some more info. To start, here's a Business Insider article on the mission.

According to a few sources (including Wikipedia), it's a radar imaging satellite. It likely makes use of ground-penetrating radar to detect bunkers and such, hence 'nothing is beyond our reach'. But that's not the main problem. The problem is that the NRO (and somewhat by extension, the NSA and CIA) is so blatantly taunting us.

Last edited by Tau on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:34 am

Disgusting. Another tool for the New World Order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:54 am

NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Rustled-jimmies-1
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:56 am

This has been on int for a while, I thought it was pretty funny in light of their previous mission patches.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:57 am

So they'll be able to find my bunker in the middle of the woods when they want me dead.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 am

They'd have to look there first, a faraday cage might do something against it. What frequency range is radar in?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:08 am

Commander Kobialka wrote:
So they'll be able to find my bunker in the middle of the woods when they want me dead.
You seem to think you're pretty important.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:21 am

LeEpicMemester wrote:
What frequency range is radar in?
It depends. Spaceborne radar systems generally operate in the 8 - 12 GHz range (which is already pretty broad), but there are dozens of different bands that could be in use, from 30MHz up to the ~250GHz range.

LeEpicMemester wrote:
a faraday cage might do something against it.
I'm pretty sure a bunker-sized entirely empty blot on a radar map would seem rather suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:31 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Nope. The New World Order want all of us dead. None of us are safe in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Nope. The New World Order want all of us dead. None of us are safe in my opinion.
Not if we start following it now!
I CANT FIGURE OUT IF YOU'RE BEING SARCASTIC
ALL HAIL THE NEW WORLD ORDER!
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 am

I don't know why people care about these kind of things.
I mean none of us, maybe except ACH and fr0st will ever be so important that we'll be monitored. And that whole NSA thing, well, is anyone even noticing or suffering from what they are doing? No.

So I'm going to assume you're upset because it sort of breaks those original laws of yours, can't remember what they were called. But in that case, start a fucking revolution. Really, your ancestors fucking want you to.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:57 am

Daynel wrote:
...start a fucking revolution. Really, your ancestors fucking want you to.
The American people are too stupid to realize this. They believe that the government is working in their best interests, and fail to acknowledge or even notice the egregious breaches of our rights. It's a slippery slope.

First they take our privacy. "I'm not doing anything wrong, so why should I worry if the government is allowed to sift through every damn piece of data I produce? So what if they can track me everywhere I go? They may even catch some criminals, too! It doesn't matter that they can look at all my stuff." (Hint: It matters.)

The next thing they take is freedom of expression, claiming to be protecting us from 'extremist views' espoused by dissidents and malcontents. This results in another slippery slope which eventually leads to censorship of opinions differing from that of whatever political party happens to be in power. The UK is already starting to pull quite a bit of this. (Of course, the UK is basically the epitome of all democratic nanny states, so there's that.)

Lastly, they take our arms. They trick us into believing that the government is a benevolent body that wants nothing more than to uphold the rights of the people, and that getting rid of all weapons among the general population will be beneficial. They have us believe that they will protect us from any threats and keep us safe.

The eventual end is a totalitarian government that exercises near-complete control over the public and personal lives of the citizens. By this point, the people have come to realize that the occasional shootings and bombings that occurred before weren't all that bad. But by then it's too late; dissidence has been crushed, and revolution is inconceivable.

America is already halfway along this slope, and 95% of people are already too apathetic towards it all to act.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 am

Man your government is fking liberals so sit quiet tau Razz .
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 am

Our right to own guns is already gone. Police are trained now to confiscate all weapons of all citizens on sight. It's not forced home inspections, so it won't cause as much of an uproar. >:l
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 am

Viva la Revolution!

Let the United Terran Alliance rise!

(Because UTA is a good acronym.)
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:55 pm

I think the demographic crisis is more important, Yurop's already dead and no 'educated' people are having children. There's even a (low)UN estimate where Global population drops.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 pm

I want to say something, but on the other hand I don't.

So.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I'd actually like to hear your opinion on whatever we're screaming about, oh well.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Tau wrote:
Daynel wrote:
...start a fucking revolution. Really, your ancestors fucking want you to.
The American people are too stupid to realize this. They believe that the government is working in their best interests, and fail to acknowledge or even notice the egregious breaches of our rights. It's a slippery slope.

First they take our privacy. "I'm not doing anything wrong, so why should I worry if the government is allowed to sift through every damn piece of data I produce? So what if they can track me everywhere I go? They may even catch some criminals, too! It doesn't matter that they can look at all my stuff." (Hint: It matters.)

The next thing they take is freedom of expression, claiming to be protecting us from 'extremist views' espoused by dissidents and malcontents. This results in another slippery slope which eventually leads to censorship of opinions differing from that of whatever political party happens to be in power. The UK is already starting to pull quite a bit of this. (Of course, the UK is basically the epitome of all democratic nanny states, so there's that.)

Lastly, they take our arms. They trick us into believing that the government is a benevolent body that wants nothing more than to uphold the rights of the people, and that getting rid of all weapons among the general population will be beneficial. They have us believe that they will protect us from any threats and keep us safe.

The eventual end is a totalitarian government that exercises near-complete control over the public and personal lives of the citizens. By this point, the people have come to realize that the occasional shootings and bombings that occurred before weren't all that bad. But by then it's too late; dissidence has been crushed, and revolution is inconceivable.

America is already halfway along this slope, and 95% of people are already too apathetic towards it all to act.

As an american, This. all of my this.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 pm

This entire thread reminds me of this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Good thing I'm British
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm

I thought you were from Berlin?
Also:

The best part about this is that I was literally "too much Heinlein" a few years ago:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

That's right, little humans, fight yourselves. Weaken yourselves so that when we invade, you have technology ripe for the taking.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:27 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
That's right, little humans, fight yourselves. Weaken yourselves so that when we invade, you have technology ripe for the taking.

We'll just do what should have been done at the end of The Day the World Stood Still(horrendous remake) and nuke the planet until it's useless.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:33 pm

ACH at this point I would welcome you with open arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach   NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NROL-39 - Nothing is Beyond Our Reach
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next