Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Dead Space-ish Ideas

Go down 
+4
Cool3303
Shiva
The Schmetterling
ManSaysNo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ManSaysNo

Dead Space-ish Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, got some more ideas. I can see them being very useful, if not cheap, if added.

PLANETCRACKER VESSELS:
Freakishly huge ship, can take asteroids and chunks of planets, extract ores from them, etc. Heavy armor, Light shields, minimal turrets.

GRAVITY CENTRIFUGE:
Maintain gravity within your ships.

BIOWEAPON:
If unleashed, zombies can infect NPC soldiers and make more zombies. Zombies are not loyal to any faction. Might wanna GTFO if you see 'em.

TRAMS:
Large-scale minecarts, able to transport soldiers and supplies at very high speeds. Useful for big ships.

That's it for now, I have an Assault Carrier to make.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

Mining vessels will be added, but remember the new customizable core thing, there are no set types of ships, so saying "light weapons, heavy armour" is completley pointless, you chose what you want on your ship, an one of those options will be mining equipment.

Gravity, smavity. I'm not planning any sort of fancy artifical gravity, ships wil just have it automatically.

Bioweapons yes. Zombies, no.

Trams are from the late 19th century. We use Mag-lev trains!

Also, leave plenty of room for figthers in your ship, at least until I can convice Fr0stbyte.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 am

And me. I support space fighters.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

Why should we need Tramps we use an Teleporter or create a device which opens up a wormhole
)OK that wouldn´t be nice if there is anything before it)
Back to top Go down
ManSaysNo

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Not trams on the ground, I meant ones in larger ships to move ammunition, squads, etc.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 pm

As Ship It would be Okay because you can´t teleport to moving /shielded Objects .
So you teleports to Ships wouldn´t be sure
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Shiva wrote:

I don't. Statistically, they're completely useless in a combat situation. I can only see people using them for evacuation and decoys.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:50 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Shiva wrote:

I don't. Statistically, they're completely useless in a combat situation. I can only see people using them for evacuation and decoys.
Tell that to the people from Battlestar: Galactica. I didn't even know that the Battlestar had weapons itself until the second season. That's how much they used fighters.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Tell that to the people from Battlestar: Galactica. I didn't even know that the Battlestar had weapons itself until the second season. That's how much they used fighters.

In most battles, fightersonly really server 2 purposes, a maneuverable missile platform, and an interceptor.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Or kamakazi. DIVINE WIND TIME!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Depends. Fighters could be good if they were AI controlled.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Or maybe drone fighters, so that you the human can make all those wonderful decisions real-time like if you were in a cockpit, and not have to suffer AI shortcomings - or gravity problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Space-ish Ideas   Dead Space-ish Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Space-ish Ideas
Page 1 of 1