Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Cyber Punk - Night City

Go down 
+8
Iv121
Lightspeed
MercurySteam
superninjakiwi
Admiral Rekiin
DeadlyMiddie
Caramell
Hierarch Fenway
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:11 am

Jarvis failed to respond to Jack's comment, nor his attack.

In fact, he was having trouble responding to anything at the moment. Critical failures were occurring within him that he needed to deal with. Urgently.

'Core stability is rapidly falling,' said his AI as Jarvis navigated several repair-nanobots to the core breach. 'Detonation in 3 minutes.'

'Can we deactivate any systems?' Jarvis asked. 'We have to lessen the strain on the core to repair it in time.'

'All non-critical core systems are already shut down,' replied the AI. Jarvis moved the nanobots over a large conduit and approached the pulsing, widening crack in the cylindrical core.

'What about the behavior moderator?'

'Deactivating the behavior moderator could have untold consequences.' The AI had taken on a more hostile tone. 'It keeps numerous highly important brain functions in check to prevent interference with the robotic systems.'

'Which means it interferes with you. Deactivate the moderator.'

'There is no telling what could happen to you or the robotic body,' the AI replied, with a hint of desperation. 'The moderator prevents numerous higher brain functions-'

'What higher brain functions, exactly? I'm not exactly a blundering idiot.'

'Ones that would directly interfere with the electronics and mechanics of the body. Deactivating the moderator will have serious consequences.'

'I don't care. Deactivate it.' This was followed by a robotic sigh.

'Very well. Removing neural network.'

Jarvis nearly screamed out in pain before collapsing and falling backwards into a pit of nothingness, into the darkness of unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 am

@Mercury Skill tree to prevent the Can-Do-Everything stuff that may crop up, and also to give some direction to the classes.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyMiddie
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:41 am

Lieutenant Jamison was smoking mad. Literally. A plasma shot had clipped his arm. He snarled into his squad intercom, "Torch the place." Of the remaining 8 heavies, only 3 had flamethrowers. They now leveled them and fired at the building. The napalm stuck to the building, turning it into a growing inferno. A small, 4-seater helicopter landed 30 yards away with 3 regular contractors, who dismounted and secured the rear. The helicopter lifted off. Jamison yelled, "Let's go!"
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 pm

During all of the aforementioned events, Vorania had been in a lab beneath her house. She had been working for almost five years intermittently on this project, but now she was so close she could nearly see all the benefits for mankind. She had just finished brewing something, stored her work in a safe place, then ran outside. She could see the waves bashing against the rocks, like they had been for centuries; ever present, never ceasing. As she drank the potion and prayed that it would work she did something completely unexpected: she leapt off the cliff.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:16 pm

OOC: Why aren't the guard posts killing you? It's already been mentione that we have bunkers and cannons anand stuff.

BIC: Jonathan was screaming orders over the intercom.
"They are burning us down, can someone check if the guards are drunk or something? Get the heavy fighters to the front. Protect the lightly armored. And one more thing:"
He paused for a moment.
"Wake up Roberto."

Everyone went quiet upon hearing the last message, then two boosters rushed down to the basement.
There was a computer attached to a huge pile of metal. It couldalmost look like trash, but it had several expensive weapons sticking out from it.
One of the boosters entered a command into the xompjter, and the pile started moving.
The pile was in fact a booster named Roberto. He was, however, almost fully replaced with mechanics, only his brain remaining.
Roberto was what some would call the ultimate war machine; a mess of armor and dakka, with the actual mind of a human elite fighter.
"Why did you wake me up? Don't I have this week off?" Roberto said.
"We are being attacked. Pro soldiers. And the defenses afe either dead or drunk." One of the boosters replied.
Roberto sighed.
"All right, make some space."
And then he smashed his way outside.

OOC: I wrote this at 23:15 on a phone after being awake since 6 AM. And no I didn't thi.k about Roberto for this I have been waitin to introsuce him for days.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 8:24 pm

ERROR CAN I HELP WITH THE SKILL THING I LIKE THINGS LIKE SKILL THINGS.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 am

MercurySteam wrote:
OKAY IF YOU WANT CAN YOU DO SKILL TREES FOR TECHIES AND MEDIAS AND MAYBE INQUISITORS K THANKS?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
OKAY IF YOU WANT CAN YOU DO SKILL TREES FOR TECHIES AND MEDIAS AND MAYBE INQUISITORS K THANKS?
I MEANT MORE LIKE SUGGESTIONS, ADDITIONS, AND GENERAL ASSISTANCE WITH FORMATTING AND STUFF LIKE WE CAN OPEN A GOOGLE DOC AND DO IT THERE.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:01 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
I MEANT MORE LIKE SUGGESTIONS, ADDITIONS, AND GENERAL ASSISTANCE WITH FORMATTING AND STUFF LIKE WE CAN OPEN A GOOGLE DOC AND DO IT THERE.
OKAY COOL and why are we talking in caps?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:31 pm

LOUD NOISES!
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Spoiler:

PM ME THe URL of the doc.

Normal RPing may now resume.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 am

Spoiler:

It started to rain. A few drops landed on Aarvina's wounded shoulder and replaced the blood running down her arm. The drops stung, laced with particulates of acidic solute, but at least they might clean out the gash somewhat. She started running again as it began to rain harder. She avoided the streets, sticking to the alleyways to avoid detection if the cultists were searching. She didn't have to run far, her intentionally meandering path was near its terminus. A good thing, too, fatigue was setting in.

The Techie's den was under a crumbling, mostly abandoned apartment building. Its door was a sheet of corrugated metal that had partially rusted to the base of the building. Aarvina knocked twice, the ring echoed with a muffled quality that assured her that this was, indeed, Phillip's Den. There was the sound of scrambling before the door's seals hissed and it swung outward, revealing that it was much thicker than what it was meant to seem. Phillip Yokkanich stood a few feet back from the door, bent over a table, his arm still outstretched. He took a sideways glance at Aarvina and motioned for her to enter with his gloved hand.

After a few seconds, he stood from the worktable and examined Aarvina. He jerked his head to the left, his green-tinted electronic eyepiece rolled to the side of its frame. His movements were jittery and short, birdlike, as they've always been. His few inches of silver hair, to which he had added green streaks, stood up in a dome around his head and shook with his twitchy movements.

"Aarvina. Been some time. Problem with the eye? Arm? Heart? No, not the heart, you'd be more dead than you are now." He spoke quickly, but halfheartedly. People tended to bore him unless they had some pressing matter. "Oh, you're injured."

She nodded, then shook her head. "No trouble with the eye, no. Trouble with the squishy, bloody parts."

Phillip's eyes darted around the room. "Hmm. I have some sterile thread... Somewhere." He began burrowing through the piles of electronic components. "Take a seat, don't touch the stuff on the table, please." He said as he walked out of the cluttered foyer.

As soon as he left, she began to look through the items on the table. One could always tell the number of Phillip's clients by counting the colors. He demanded that each person's wetware be color coded. His own color was green, Aarvina's was blue. There was mostly those two colors, but a few others were present among the parts.

Phillip called from the next room, "That... uh... laceration. Didn't piss of the 'Skulls or 'Dogs again, did you?"

She walked into the larger, equally cluttered space of the next room, where Yokkanich was looking through the shelves of an open cabinet. "Nope, some demented cult. Tried to get me to assassinate some leading members of the Inquisition." She said.

"Good. Last of my encounters with the gangs were rather... unpleasant. You refused?" He said as he found some dental floss and dipped a needle in alcohol. He muttered to himself,"Should work well enough."

Aarvina sat down on a recliner that wasn't piled with cybernetic debris and rolled up her blood-drenched sleeve. "Eh, they drew their swords first. Besides, I had a sneaking suspicion that they would have done away with me even if I did agree. Woud've just added a few days to my usefulness."

"Still would have done us both and everyone else a favor, bringing the Church down a peg." He said as he dabbed her shoulder with an alcohol-soaked rag.

"Might put it in the schedule, right after I clean up this cult." She winced when he began to stitch up her arm.

"Well I've only seen you wounded... thrice. If I recall correctly. Must be some hell of a cult. You should get... one of the gangs to help. They're pretty power-- Oh! Oh! I have something for you, actually! Perfect!" Phillip stood and entered another room, obviously excited. Aarvina sloppily finished the stitching. He emerged carrying a large metal box. At one of the cluttered tables, he paused and hurriedly pushed all of the mess off of it, then laid the box down. He motioned for her to come look at its contents. She begrudgingly obeyed. He opened the case and took from it a very large gun, with blue accents on its shell. "Ah, the High-Impulse Infantry Borne Weapon System. HIIBs. Basically an artillery piece that you can put on your shoulder. Good for washing heavies. Or tanks. Or buildings. I know you prefer swords but..."

She took the gun and placed it on her right, uninjured shoulder. "How the hell did you get ahold of this? You don't usually deal in weapons."

"Customers pay anyway they can. I've had a... uh... paramilitary guy. He pays in guns. Got a whole stockpile back there anytime you need one."

"Speaking of other people, I've got someone-old business partner- suppose to come by here. Actually suppose to have already been here. Real need for some parts. He also has my things."

OOC: It appears that I can't not make a long post.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 am

Noise. Noise everywhere.
The heavy armor troops, burning and blowing up the Cracked Skull.
Bunkers and guard posts, full of screaming, hungover guards.
Roberto, smashing enemies like a mechanical Hulk.
Some boosters were trying to put out the fires, their fellows covering them.
A few of the enemy troopers had been killed, but most remained.

"Could the incompetent bastards in the guard posts please WAKE THE FUCK UP AND MANN THE CANNONS" Jonathan shouted over the intercom. He was standing in his office, watching the battle.
The guards finally came to their senses, and manned the cannons and mounted guns. Their aim was still a bit off, but they managed to land a good deal of hits.

However, everything was not in the Skulls' favor. Weapons and cyberware, hit by enemy fire, were malfunctioning.
"Where are the techies? We need techies over here!" one of the boosters shouted.
Another ran inside, finding the unconscious techies by the surgery table.
"What the fuck happened to you? Wake up!" The booster screamed at them.
He shook them, and they slowly woke up.
"Where.. the guy.. with the leg?" Jason said, rubbing his forehead.
"We got more important stuff to think about, we got hurt people everywhere!"
"Okay, let me find the quick-fix tools" Kenji said, and brought out a toolbox from a locker.
They then headed to the fight.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyMiddie
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:55 am

Jamison knew that it was time to back off. His remaining men sprinted through the alleys and back streets until they reached a park, where they boarded a chopper to take them back to the Tower. The chopper lifted off, and they were out of the fight. For now.

Becker was sipping at a bottle of beer. He wasn't surprised that Jamison's squad had been repulsed. It had, however, caused the distraction he needed to get Miller's troops to the black site. He pressed his "Open Door" button on his desk. Captain Miller walked in and took a seat without asking. The two were good friends. Becker said, "Jamison self-destructed the weapons and armor of his deceased troopers. At least the Skulls won't get them. However, it will cost a little bit to replace them. But that's not why I asked you to come in here. You and your troops are going to a government black site. CIA, I think. Your chopper's prepped and ready. It's a Super Hind, with a few modifications. You'll have fire support and transport. Good luck.

OOC: Miller's chopper:
Spoiler:
It has an upgraded engine, upgraded armored plating, an advanced tracking system, and self-destruct device.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Opening the door to the safehouse Jack stepped inside. He opened a crate and pulled out several things, a medpack, a new gasmask, a pistol, C-4, a grenade sash, 2 smoke, 2 frag, 1 tear gas, and a small air tank. Moving over to a rack on the wall he picked up a LAW and placed it on his back. stepping outside of the safehouse he breathed a breath of fresh air.

"Today is a good day to die."
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Miles away Nova took aim with a sniper rifle at a figure emerging from a building's doorway, seemingly in the process of taking a breath of air.

Curious, he activated the weapon's audio magnifier on the target.

"Today is a good day to die."

Nova chuckled as he pulled the trigger. "Indeed."
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 am

Jarvis reactivated himself with a screech. He quickly checked core systems- Reactor running normally, weapons systems online. Nano-repair bots were working on the armor, using the debris and metal to repair the damaged components.

But something was wrong. Why was the AI so quiet? He ran system diagnostics.

And then he remembered. The modulator. He confirmed his suspicions- the modulator was not only offline, but busted. Completely. The electronics were fried, as was the AI's quantum box.

Upon closer inspection, it seemed they had been crumpled- squashed. Destroyed. Compressed to no longer function. Probably a power surge after the core nearly exploded.

With uncertainty, Jarvis activated the optical circuits and observed the situation. Wounded everywhere, the building was very damaged, and the enemy squad was nowhere in sight. Good. He activated motor control and took a few steps, soon spotting a booster trapped under a steel beam. He walked over to him and lifted the beam off of him, tossing it aside as if it were paper.

But that wasn't right either. His mechanical frame wasn't strong enough to throw a beam like that at all. But he ignored it. He continued to assist where he could, clearing debris, helping the injured, recovering tech.

'What did the moderator do?' he asked himself. 'And why was the AI so worried about it? I am still in full control.'
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Is it too late to join?

Name: Jeb "AsTech" Johnson

Class/Type: An Abused (Tech) The Abused are mostly normal citizens, who get abducted and used as human guinea pigs for experimental drugs or genetic engineering.

Location in Night City: High above the inner city in a helicopter.

Cyberware/Bioware: Jeb is infected with an experimental drug, Shocker, which multiplies the electric tension of his body, based on his feelings (the stronger the feeling the higher the voltage). If he feels pain or he is really happy, he is able to produce an electric shock equal to the shock of an electric eel (500 Volt). On his arms are tattoos made with a special dye, which begin to glow based on how much electricity flows through it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Julo wrote:
Is it too late to join?

Name: Jeb "AsTech" Johnson

Class/Type: An Abused (Tech) The Abused are mostly normal citizens, who get abducted and used as human guinea pigs for experimental drugs or genetic engineering.

Location in Night City: High above the inner city in a helicopter.

Cyberware/Bioware: Jeb is infected with an experimental drug, Shocker, which multiplies the electric tension of his body, based on his feelings (the stronger the feeling the higher the voltage). If he feels pain or he is really happy, he is able to produce an electric shock equal to the shock of an electric eel (500 Volt). On his arms are tattoos made with a special dye, which begin to glow based on how much electricity flows through it.

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:42 pm

OOC: AWESOME!

Jeb woke up.
He felt dizzy and confused. He saw stars below him, white stars, yellow stars, red, green and blue stars. It was really cold and windy. He heard a loud jackhammer above him, the sound hurt. But there was something else that was hurting him, it came from his hands and feet. Still a bit dizzy he looked at his wrist and saw, that it was tied to a wall. Suddenly his mind was clear, Jeb looked down and saw the inner city, with it's bright lights and it's colourful promotional signs. The jackhammer transformed into a turbine and Jeb realized, that he was attached to a helicopter, the outside of a helicopter. Suddenly one of his handcuffs was cut. Then a gyve, then another one, he was only standing on a small step, until his last handcuff was cut.
Jeb fell.
The inner city was coming closer and closer.
Suddenly two arms grabbed him and pulled him up, the adrenaline in his body raised to an unbelieveable high level, he was really afraid. Suddenly someone screamed. It was a scream of pain. He was relinquished and fell again, but this time he landed on a small landing pad of a tall skyscraper. Jebs whole body hurt, but he was sure, that all of his bones were ok. In front of him someone landed with way more style than Jeb.
The person in front of him had wings. "An angel", thought Jeb. The angel was holding his arm, which had a light burn.
"Can I help you", asked Jeb.
"Stay away, do not touch me", screamed the angel, it was a woman, "Look at your arms."
Jeb looked at his arms and saw, that they were glowing, or at least the tattoos on them.
Jeb was afraid and asked: "What happens to me?"
The angel answered: "You were infected with an experimental disease, Shocker."
"What does that mean?"
"That means that you will emit electricity based on your feelings."
"What?"
"The disease is able to spread, if someone comes in contact with your blood, you are a living bioweapon."
"Wait, is that why I was thrown out of the helicopter, because someone wanted to spread this disease in the inner city?"
"Yes, that's why I caught you. I caught you so that the disease doesn't spread across the inner city."
"What shall I do now?"
"Come with me, I can bring you to a place where the SYSTEM can't find you, but hurry up!" The angel turned around and walked into the building.
Jeb was confused, but he followed the angel. In his mind was one clear thought: "I am infected by a drug of the SYSTEM, how did this happen to me?"
The SYSTEM was the most powerful drug company in Night City, they weren't just selling drugs, they were inventing them. Now Jeb knew his goal, he wanted to find out what really happened to him, as he had no memories of the last year.
The angel called: "Come on Jeb, the SYSTEM will soon know that you aren't dead and search for you!"
So Jeb followed the angel.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 am

(Some time has passed)

==BREAKING NEWS==
>The Global News Network has just received word from multiple sources that the corporate giant, Euro Business Machines, has engaged in active warfare with Orbital Airlines.

>EBM has been stepping up espionage and orbital operations for roughly one year. Today, they destroyed an OA space station with a flight of "delta" space fightercraft.

>Both sides are hiring mercenaries with ground and/or orbital experience to fight with them.

>Major cities in the United States, Germany, France, Mexico, Egypt, and Italy are experiencing attacks from both sides.

>The Commonwealth of Nations has intervened in orbit, halting active warfare around all public space lanes.

>End of report.

(NOTE: This is a lead in to a new environment and set of rules. Provided, of course, that this doesn't just die.)
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:10 pm

OOC: Don't worry Error if I'm still here I will not let this die.

BIC:

After a month of recovering from the gunshot Jack got a letter from OA requesting him to join them. A day later he was standing right outside their offices, this was a huge risk with the manhunt still going on and this might be a trap. He walked and the person at the desk looked up.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yes. I had a letter from your company requesting me to join them." Jack said.

"Name?"

"I surprised you haven't recognized me yet." He chuckled. "I'm Jack Shadow."

"Ah. I'll send someone down to get you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Cyber Punk - Night City - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyber Punk - Night City
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: