Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Cyber Punk - Night City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 pm

I sparked it.

And nothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Elias looked out the window of his office. He had just gotten a call from the Department of Defense. They wanted his company to protect a black site just outside the Night City. He had, of course, accepted. As he looked out the window, he switched the viewing from regular to thermal, and spotted a humanoid form on the rooftop across the street, level with his office. He switched on the intercom, "Roof watch, this is Mr. Becker. Could you please investigate the person on the rooftop to the west?" "Right away sir," came the reply. Elias sighed. Yes. He would have to call in Captain Moore for the black site job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well if you start this up it is up to YOU to help everyone start and raise their spirit so to say, I will write something in here but don't expect this will be enough to spark the RP, if you won't do it nobody will.
I could write the most insiring story ever and it wouldn't help if people are going to be apathetic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:08 pm

In his workshop at the Cracked Skull, Jason was tinkering with an electronic device, roughly the size of a man's clenched fist. The device, a mess of cables and metal pieces centered around a sort of sphere, emitted a faint blue light from various glass tubes.
A man, a booster named Carlo, entered the workshop. His arms were mostly mechanical, just like his chest and the spinal area of his back, and he had two low-caliber automatic plasma cannons mounted on his shoulders.
"Hey Jason, my display's broken" Carlo shouted to the man sitting in the other end of the cluttered workshop.
"Go kiss a bottle" Jason said, not looking up from his work. "I'm fixing the boss's heart, you know he don't like using the spare for too long at the time."
"Aww, come on!" Carlo said, looking disappointed. "It'll only take a minute!"
Jason sighed, then got up.
"All right. Now when you say broken, what do you holy fuck what have you done."
Jason just stared. At the half-melted, half-charred display, at the guilty face of Carlo.
"Can you fix it?" the booster asked.
Jason ripped the display straight out of the arm it was attached to, and looked at it.
"Somehow you've managed to burn the crystals in it from the inside. I should probably check those cannons of yours for leaks."
Jason grabbed another display from a shelf, one with turnable knobs and buttons and old-fashioned meters. He attached the display where the old one had been.
"You'll have to manage with that until I get another one."

Just as Carlo left, another man entered. This one was larger, both in height and width, and had more cybernetic implants; not so much on the chest, only the top-left corner, but more on the head, arms and feet. He wore a dark blue coat with furred edges, pieces of scrap metal and cybernetic body parts dangling from the collar.
Jonathan, feared and respected leader of the Titan Skulls.
"Good evening, Jason" he said to the techie.
"To you too, Sir" Jason responded.
"How's the progress on my heart?" the old man asked, like it was a completely casual thing to ask. Which really, for a booster, it sort of was.
"It's mostly done, but I need some energized crystals and a fiberoptic wire. Speaking of needing things, I also need a liquid crystal touchscreen display, and microreactors are always useful."
Jonathan thought for a moment, bending and flexing his right hand joints.
"Well, I was just about to send Lisa and André to the Storage, so why don't you join them and see what you can find?"
Jason smiled and bowed.
"Thank you, Sir. I'll have the heart ready in no time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
I could write the most insiring story ever and it wouldn't help if people are going to be apathetic.
OH sounds familiar, isn't that how my "short story" went ? Yea some things wont change here Razz... HOWEVER if you wont try what's the point ? I still write it, just I don’t bother posting it here a I never get constructive feedback anyway, guess it contrasts to what I said at first glance but what I meant is that I didn’t step down because you didn’t bother to reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

In the warehouse, Jarvis smashed another crate. Wood splinters flew up as he tossed the remains aside to see the contents. Liquid Crystal Displays. Useless. He tossed the box aside and moved onto the next crate.

"I am detecting approaching lifeforms Jarvis," piped the AI. He looked up and switched to infrared, the optical circuits seamlessly transitioning. Sure enough, heat signatures coming from outside. Two.

"Dammit. Identification?" He scanned the room and saw an opaque box. On top of an untouched pile nearby.

"Titan Skulls, based on the warehouse." The AI clicked slightly. "Recommend fighting."

"That's idiotic." Jarvis grabbed the opaque box and brought it down to the floor. He wrestled with the cover for a minute before tearing it off. Surprise Surprise, another cover.

"They are about to enter the warehouse. Act now."

"Screw it." Jarvis smashed the crate and tore the cover off to reveal a large device. Cylindrical, covered in all manners of gizmos and parts and sections. Plasma cannon.

"The banana ate the small brown mouse ." The AI said with a hint of static. Jarvis picked up the cannon and dodged behind a large pile of crates as the main warehouse doors opened. He wouldn't be able to exit without revealing himself; The entrance he took was in plain sight of the main doors. He would just have to wait.

He didn't want to be seen. As the two voices of the people grew louder, he realized they would discover him. And so, he shut down. Deactivated, barely operational, with the plasma cannon on top of the pile behind him. For all intents and purposes, he looked like a robot.

As he silently listened and watched from the emergency optical circuits, he realized he may have gotten himself into more than he could handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:00 pm

(I will post something tomorrow when I have time to write it. It will most likely blow everyone's minds.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 am

OOC: Or I could just do it now.

"Thou shalt not kill." Aarvina said this, slumped against a curved wall, carefully polishing day-old blood off of one of her long blades with an old article of clothing. Her words echoed slightly.

"Thou shalt not steal" She threw the rag aside and drew the blade over a whetting stone, remembering the klaxons of the security system of the storage cell from which she had stolen the sword.

"Love thy neighbor." She stood, holding her sharpened instrument, and crossed to the back of her temporary abode. She slashed out into the shadows, the edge of the blade struck something solid and slipped through it. An old, forgotten skull fell from its precarious balance on its vertebrae, split at the cranium. The two halves rolled past Aarvina's boots and through the tunnel, then fell from the pipe's broken edge.

She walked out into the grey morning sunlight that slanted through the open end. Her home for the past two days was a large pipe that once drained into a lake, which was now a dry waste. The pipe was about four meters in diameter and poked out of the cliff that use to be the reservoir wall. About two meters of its end was visible from the outside, and it penetrated another ten into the cliff face until it terminated in a metal blockade. Looking down over the pipe's broken edge, she saw a few poorly-camouflaged shacks thirty meters below. The soft breeze buffeted her baggy shirt and chopped-off hair that she kept longer in the front than the back to at least somewhat keep up with the trends of city-dwellers. She saw that one of the pieces of the skull had not made its way all the way over the edge of the pipe. She picked it up and held it in her mechanical hand.

"I am the lord, your god." She slowly crushed the skull in her grip, then threw the remnants out onto the waste of the lake bed. She swung a sheath from her back and slid the blade into it, then placed it by her pack.

What will be necessary in these days to come? The augmented portion of her mind thought to herself. She slumped down the wall of the pipe. She answered her, Fortunately, I don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:37 am

Jack stared across at his target. Jack knew he saw him.

Now don't move. He thought to himself.

He picked up a rocket launcher a RPG-7 in fact and aimed it at the office. He turned on his mic, "You have it ready?" He said.

"Ready and waiting."

"Coming down." He said as he fired it and threw it on the ground beside him. He took one last look at the office and jumped off deploying his parachute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Sorel landed lightly on the skyscraper's roof. Sweeping around, he didn't spot any security; good. He made his way to the edge of the roof and looked down.

Stepping back a pace, he detached a small scanner from his belt and set it down. Leaning down to activate it, he felt the building shake and heard a dull boom. Poking his head over the edge of the roof, he noticed a smoke cloud rising from a nearby buidling.

Activating the scanner, he jumped off the roof and glided over to examine the blast area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Jason, Lisa and André were walking towards the storage building. No one knew why the boss insisted on storing everything in a separate building, but no one dared question him.
André, known to be the most stealthy member of the Titan Skulls, stopped about a hundred meters away from the storage, and activated the cloaking device in his back.
"I will stay here. Cagestreet Dogs may be around. I make sure they do not surprise."
Lisa nodded, Jason gave him a battery pack, and the two of them continued to the storage.

Right outside the large building, Lisa stopped.
"I think I heard something inside, might be Cagestreet Dogs. Sons of bitches always trying to steal our stuff.."
With these words, Lisa, being somewhat of a tank with her cybernetic chest, armored limbs and several cannons and guns, readied her weapons and opened the door.
"Nothing here, just a crate of LCDs that fell down. Hey, didn't you need one of those?"
"Yeah, I did" Jason said, walking over to pick up some displays.
"Hey, when did we get a robot?" Lisa asked while searching from a certain crate of special alcohol, on the boss's request.
"No idea, but it should have the stuff I need for the boss's heart."
Jason then walked over to the robot, readying his cutting too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Elias was already in motion. The glass could withstand a category 8 hurricane, but maybe not an RPG. He was out the door in 5 seconds, just as the RPG hit. The blast threw him off his feet and into the hallway. Alarms were going off, and the building was going into total security lockdown, nobody gets in or out. Already, the building security detail (about a company of contractors) were securing their sectors. Becker's bodyguard picked him up and said, "Sir, are you alright?" Elias responded, "Yes. Better yet, I have the guy's face on my eye's memory. Start a manhunt with Lieutenant Smith's platoon and Lieutenant Jamison's special weapons squad. I want this guy dead. Oh, and tell Captain Moore I want to see him in 30 minutes." "Yes sir," came the reply.

OOC: The heavy weapons guys look like this:
Spoiler:

Regular Contractors:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Jarvis saw Jason approaching with a cutting tool and scrambled for a course of action.

If he allowed him to cut part of him out, then he would likely fry his entire circuitry and kill him. That was something that he did not want to happen.

But if he made the wrong move, he would surely be killed on the spot as well. Jason engaged the cutting tool and brought it next to Jarvis' steel frame. Now or never. A few alarms went off inside him and Jason stepped back, confused.

"Unauthorized entry detected," Jarvis bellowed in a deep, extremely mechanical tone. As he said this, he reactivated the mechanical portions of his body. Servos and dynamos winded up and several dormant lights composing his shell lit up. He took a step forward and raised his arm, pointing it- and the laser rifle- directly at Jason.

Lisa armed all of her weapons and pointed it at Jarvis, clearly about to fire. Jarvis paused. Several clicks. Then he lowered his arm. "IFF Data valid. Friend identification complete." Jason blew out air, slightly relieved. Lisa lowered her weapons.

"It seems to be under our control," Lisa said, slightly humored. "Robot, state your identification."

"Disharmony Co. J.A.R.V.I.S Modular Robotic Unit A-19198. AI Version 3.817.2. Registered to..." Jarvis paused. Who was he registered to? "ERROR- Registration not found."

"You sure you want to dismantle this guy?" Lisa asked, watching Jason. "Doesn't look like junk to me. In fact," Lisa kicked Jarvis' leg, "It looks brand new."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Jack landed gently on the ground taking off the parachute he took off running down the street toward a small tunnel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:45 pm

*Myrmidon was on the top of a build,looking at the city. It would be a cliche for him to make remarks as "And when everyone look at the sky and pray "Save us" i will look down and say...no" . He was just observing,praying to his god to save everyone and pardon him in his actions. The Church was very active in the last week,and severe actions began to be taken with Myrmidon being the tip of the spear. As the most experienced Inquisitor in his creed [Avenger] ,he would teach the recruits [Squires or Initiates] in the coming missions.*

-Myrmidon,are you there?

-Yes...

*Sniper rifle in hands. Target? the C.E.O of CyberTECH industries. His crimes? Rape and Homicide. Maybe one day the history may judge Myrmidon actions,but in his way he was just doing the god´s will. The Shoot was almost not heard because of the supressor and then,the CEO body was on the ground,bleeding as his sins began to pass by his eyes*

- To you,lord,i send this soul.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:54 pm

"In fact, it looks brand new."
Jason thought for a moment.
"Yeah, you're right. No idea when we got it, so it's probably important. But how will I get the stuff I oh never mind found a crate of the stuff."
"And I found the stuff I came for, so I guess we'll leave?"
Jason stuffed the things he had found in a bag.
"Yeah, I'd say so."
He turned to the robot.
"Come on, A-19whatever, we'll see if the boss got any plans for you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:01 am

Sorel alighted on the roof of the recently-maligned skyscraper and looked around. Hearing a sound behind him, he turned.

Security? Then why is he in battle armor?

Sorel flicked his wrists and unsheathed the sting blades on his forearms, and charged the guard, jumping into the air as he did so.

OOC: Middie, this is one of your guys. If he's irrelevant, Sorel can (and will) kill him, but if you want to be the d00d on the roof, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:55 pm

OOC: He's relevant all right, he's Captain Moore (who his a heavy trooper).

Captain Moore had just reached the roof when a winged form alighted on it and charged. Moore realized that it was an "angel." Knowing that angels were pretty reasonable, he dodged the first strike. As soon as he had cleared the blade, he fired the taser built into his suit. The dart hit the angel dead center, as he had just turned around. When he fell to the ground, Moore activated his "contact danger close" beacon in his armor, disabled the taser, and leveled his shoulder mounted 12mm machine gun at the angel. Activating his external speakers, he said, "Freeze. I won't fire unless provoked. We were just attacked by someone, so you're lucky I didn't kill you. Now tell me, who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Have you ever wondered if a god exists in this city, after seeing all that it has to "offer" ? Or perhaps our conception of "god" is incorrect from the start ? There are no gods in this place, only corporates running their empires, struggling to become ones.

Mike went back home through the desolate streets. He lived in a small apartment building in the lower city. There were many gangs and movements in these parts of the city however neither suited Mike. He searched for a different ally, though his hopes to find comrades in this forsaken place were almost nonexistent. If so required he will do it on his own, slowly yet surely, move after move. There was another option though - If he couldn't find what he searched for, it could be necessary to create it ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Looking back Jack saw a small squad Sec. He entered the small tunnel and quickly entered the parked APC.

"You ready?" A guy in the drivers seat.

"Yep." Jack said as he slid into the gunners seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Nova casted a lazy glance about him as he drifted through the air, his wings barely flapping as his body rode one of the western thermals.

But even so...situational awareness was key.

He narrowed his eyes, and with a slight shift of his lean muscles found himself looking at the many skyscrapers jutting from Night City, looking so much like warts on the chin of a frog. Had he been an augment, it would have been a simple matter to do an infrared sweep on the slums. In fact, Jake, one of his fellow Seraphims, possessed such a device, albeit handheld. Mechanical modifications were strictly forbidden. But today he was alone on patrol, with nary a simple telescope to aid him in his task. Nova scanned the horizon just the same - sight had always been one of his gifts through his youth. Yet it seemed like a fruitless endeavor...the streets were certainly not empty, but nothing really begot his attention. Petty brawls were beneath the station of a Seraphim.

But on the rooftop...what was that? Nova's eyes strained to make out the details, but it looked to be a middle aged man in black garb next to something resembling a large ebony bar perched on the rim of the building's uppermost superstructure. Bar? A telescope, perhaps? No. There was nothing to be seen in Night City warranting such a contraption, especially one so powerful to require the operator to be prone. Then what in hell's name was...a rifle!? Nova's eyes widened as he swooped down to get a better look. Firearms were not particularly rare, but one this big had to be at least half a caliber to justify its size. His suspicions were confirmed as the object belched fire, though obviously dampened by something in the weapon given the firepower.

His eyebrows furrowed. Such obvious disregard for the peace could not be tolerated. And so as the figure stooped to make some manner of prayer, Nova drew his katana and swooped in for the kill.

OOC: Gunning for lightspeed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Jarvis deftly grabbed the plasma cannon and attached it to a spare hardpoint on his arm while the other's backs were turned. But of course, he couldn't just leave- he was big and heavy, not very fast. This 'Lisa' character possessed superior firepower and speed. Given the situation, his best option was to work with these Titan Skulls.

And so, he followed. As his UWA properly configured and connected with the plasma cannon, he took a good look at his surroundings and, therefore, his chances.

Turrets, guards, weapons everywhere. There seemed to be a weapon emplacement on every corner, whether hastily erected on a facade of rusting cars or a full-fledged bunker from wars past. He would be shredded if he left.

'If you go rogue, your chances of survival are about 0.1%,' his AI advised him through a neural connection.

'I hate neural connections,' Jarvis remarked again. Always so difficult to process, and it felt like someone was invading his mind. Terrible. 'But I have to agree. I'll stick with these Titan Skulls and see where that takes me.'

'Ehh, what's up doc?' Jarvis ignored this. The AI cleared itself again. 'Best course of action. Obtain their trust before revealing sentience. Currently you're just a mindless robot drone.'

'I'll get to that.' They had arrived at a large building, almost like a cathedral of some sort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:51 am

Aarvina reached into her pocket and removed a pack, then shook a cigarette from it, placed it between her lips, and lit it. She had gotten a call the previous night, a new contract. They had agreed to meet in a warehouse not far from the edge of the city, where she usually made most of her agreements. It wasn't a particularly long walk, but plenty of time to reflect on the increasingly dark clouds that billowed overhead, the people she'd killed recently, the dirty corporations, and the extremists. Especially with the augmented portion of her mind being rather active recently. The clients hadn't given a name during their conversation. She would have to contact one of her acquaintances to oversee the negotiations. Not one that she'd used recently, though. Perhaps one she used to work with when she was employed under the corporations, one that had gone rogue as she had. She heard that he was seeking allies.

She hoped he still used his old comm tag.

<<MESSAGE TO: WHITE SHADOW>>
Richards. It's Aarvina, we worked together a few times under EnVision a few years ago. I mostly do single-contract jobs now, you might've heard of me as Onyx. Anyway, I've got a meeting scheduled with some new clientele and need someone to... mediate. All you'll need to do is stay hidden and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. I'll cut you a section of the profit after it's done. I owe you one.
<<END>>

After she was finished typing her message to Richards, she contacted the owner of the warehouse. Always happy to provide his building for a sliver of the deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:09 am

Sorel lightly jumped to his feet, holding up his hands.

"So fierce. Why must you be so fierce and demanding? But to answer your query, I am Archangel Sorel. And I would advise you lower the weapon."

Knowing other Angels would be in the sky, Sorel called upon an evolutionary trait and sent out a wave of psi energy - the rare power that only Angels had discovered.

Anyone who is listening will hear.

==OOC Stuff==
-Psi Rules are coming.
-Will post up a list of Corporations; you can still make up your own, sometimes.
-Plot events and "factional" conflicts coming.
-New "classes/factions" coming.
-Will be recruiting storywriter. (Iv, you interested?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeadlyMiddie

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:06 pm

At the same time that Captain Moore tased Sorrel, Elias was in his "safe room". It was an underground bunker that could withstand nuclear, biological, and chemical attacks. He was figuring out the best way to go about protecting the black site. He had also sent a message the Moore, but had only just received the beacon from his suit, and a backup team of regular contractors were seconds away from reaching the roof, with orders not to kill, per Moore's voice message that had been received before he started talking to "Sorrel."

ON THE ROOF
Moore lowered his weapon, but was still wary. After he lowered it, the contractors came through the roof access door and leveled theirs at Sorrel. "Stand down men," Moore ordered. Addressing Sorrel, he said, "Mr. Becker would like to speak with you. You have my word that you will not be harmed. Mr. Becker doesn't make snap judgements about people or situations. We would just like to know what you saw and if you can help us.

IN THE STREET WITH THE SPECIAL WEAPONS SQUAD AS THE APC TURNS THE CORNER
"Take cover!" yelled the sergeant into the squad comms network, diving behind a concrete barrier as he did. The highly trained squad of heavies opened up with their 12mm shoulder-mounted machine guns, and the AT specialists were aiming their launchers at the vehicle. Already the squad had taken 4 casualties. One of the specialists fired. The rocket impacted the side of the vehicle, triggering the eject system for the gunner and the driver. The driver landed right in the middle of the squad, dazed and with his hands up. A heavy ran over and hit him with the butt of his rifle, knocking him out. The gunner landed further away, got up and ran off, albeit with a bloody arm and a limp.

OOC: Heavies have a rifle as well as their machine guns.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyber Punk - Night City   

Back to top Go down

Cyber Punk - Night City
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next