Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Outerra. 10char

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

http://www.outerra.com/index.html

I just found this. I can safely say, I am flatly amazed.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 am

That's quite something.  I normally try to keep tabs on all the world sim projects, but somehow this one managed to completely slip under my radar.  Good find.

Edit:
Trying it out a little.  I wouldn't have expected billboarded trees to hold up this well at close range, but it does seem to work here.  And I am particularly loving this grass.  I see there is some LOD going on, but otherwise I can't tell how it works.  HDR needs some work, though.  Way too much glare.

A problem I've seen with most Rayleigh scattering implementations is that it doesn't look all that good from space.  I'm not sure why, but it always seems to end up flooded with light.

Spoiler:
This is a photo taken from low orbit.  You can see scattering, but everything is still visible.

Spoiler:
Here's a photo from in-game.  It is difficult to see features clearly.  I'm not sure how to fix this, or really even what the problem is.  Even if you accommodate for a thinner atmosphere the higher up you go, that is still miles of full density atmosphere down to sea level, same as if you were looking across miles of land on the horizon.  It seems like if everything on land disappears after a distance, the same should happen looking down, but in reality visibility never gets that bad.  I've never heard an explanation for why this is.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Well this didn't get nearly the response I had expected...
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Solar112 wrote:
WOW ARS THATS COOL.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:55 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
WOW ARS THATS COOL.
While reading this post, someone called me from down the hall and to hear them I decided to pull one side of my headset off my ears, and I flipped the thing off my head completely and caught that shit in mid air with my left hand (my sucky hand that also sort of hurts). THAT is cool.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 am

Vinyl wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
WOW ARS THATS COOL.
While reading this post, someone called me from down the hall and to hear them I decided to pull one side of my headset off my ears, and I flipped the thing off my head completely and caught that shit in mid air with my left hand (my sucky hand that also sort of hurts). THAT is cool.
WOW VINYL THATS COOL
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Bretty good 5/5 :DDDDDDD

Seriously though, that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outerra. 10char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outerra. 10char   Outerra. 10char Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outerra. 10char
Page 1 of 1