Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Garry's Mod Space

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Garry's Mod Space Empty
PostSubject: Garry's Mod Space   Garry's Mod Space Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:49 pm

If you're like me, then you like Gmod Spacebuild.
If you're not in the slightest like me then you should probably Google Garry's Mod and Spacebuild because explanations are not in my job description. Let's get to it then. Spacebuild is no longer a very viable option when it comes to space 4x in a sandbox setting, so I have searched high and low, far and wide for replacements. So far I have found a few, which all look very interesting and I have even tried a few. Shall we then?

First off let's see a simply gorgeous indev one, Frontier ( http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1022934 )
Frontier involves using various gadgets connected by dynamic wires (yes, DYNAMIC WIRES!) to form coherent structures of equipment to make you last just a little longer in space and inhospitable planets, asteroids, and anything else they put in. There is currently no available release so you'll just have to wait and watch the videos, gawking at the spectacular models and effects.
Garry's Mod Space Fronti11

Moving on, Horizon, also indev but with a release ( http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1205606 )
Horizon is by far the most.... progressive of the them all. It involves using your basic life support systems and a ship made from whatever scrap you can find in your spawnlist to travel far and wide in search of a good spot to begin mining. You use drills and such to mine ore which you can store and then refine into usable materials in order to further your capabilities.
Garry's Mod Space Hzn_ho10

Finally we have our final finalist, Final Fronter ( http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1277720 )
Final Frontier has gotten a bit of attention, See RPS Article, and so far you can take a look at their github and check out what they've got so far. Basically its FTL in first person (or thirdperson if you know how to use the console) with multiple people and more involved management. Final Frontier may not have the same ideas as Spacebuild, but it sure does involve some of the same things - IE life support management -and does them well in its own way.
Garry's Mod Space Final_10

That concludes my presentation. It is to Steam's knowledge that at least some of you play Gmod as well so this is not totally lost upon you and does have place here. If this make any of you consider picking up Gmod, you're welcome, its great even with its bugs, glitches, and occasional broken-ness, but still hella fun. Any further information on the addons can certainly be gleamed from their respective threads. Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Garry's Mod Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Space   Garry's Mod Space Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 am

I should probably buy Garry's Mod sometime.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Garry's Mod Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Space   Garry's Mod Space Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm

The tiny maps are annoying, I don't really play gmod anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garry's Mod Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Space   Garry's Mod Space Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garry's Mod Space
Page 1 of 1