Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

World map opinion thing.

Go down 
+5
Groot
Caramell
Hierarch Fenway
Joel
Hierarch CMA
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World map opinion thing.   World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:40 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
No reason to hate on any country because of their inhabitants? What about Sealand?
The Pirate Bay wanted to move to Sealand a few years back but Sealand turned them away because of pressure from friends in Hollywood.  It could have been awesome, but didn't happen.

Also it has a population of something like 27, so I am completely okay holding all of them personally responsible.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: World map opinion thing.   World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Tiel, I was speaking of Nazi Germany, not 'HURR 1488 PROTECT RACE WHILE I HAVE GAY SEX ALL NIGHT LONG' neo-nazis. In that case, I think attacking an entire nation over the actions of a segment of their population was justified.

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
The Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was the Soviet Union's response to the US deploying nuclear missiles in Turkey capable of striking Moscow.  The US refused to back down so the Soviets responded in kind.  The reason Castro allowed them to deploy in Cuba in the first place was in retaliation for the CIA led Bay of Pigs Invasion in 1961 followed by economic sanctions earlier in 1962.  In every case, it was the United States throwing the first punch.  And at no other point in history has Cuba ever directly or indirectly threatened the United States, even despite our embargos which continue to cripple their economy.

Also holy crap that was more than 50 years ago.  Most of the people involved are dead or dying and the Cuban population at large was in no way involved.  How long are you going to hold that against them?
Maybe it's the dead and/or tortured souls of my extended family talking, but anything bad that happens to the Cuban government is good in my book.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: World map opinion thing.   World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:
Tiel, I was speaking of Nazi Germany, not 'HURR 1488 PROTECT RACE WHILE I HAVE GAY SEX ALL NIGHT LONG' neo-nazis. In that case, I think attacking an entire nation over the actions of a segment of their population was justified.

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
The Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was the Soviet Union's response to the US deploying nuclear missiles in Turkey capable of striking Moscow.  The US refused to back down so the Soviets responded in kind.  The reason Castro allowed them to deploy in Cuba in the first place was in retaliation for the CIA led Bay of Pigs Invasion in 1961 followed by economic sanctions earlier in 1962.  In every case, it was the United States throwing the first punch.  And at no other point in history has Cuba ever directly or indirectly threatened the United States, even despite our embargos which continue to cripple their economy.

Also holy crap that was more than 50 years ago.  Most of the people involved are dead or dying and the Cuban population at large was in no way involved.  How long are you going to hold that against them?
Maybe it's the dead and/or tortured souls of my extended family talking, but anything bad that happens to the Cuban government is good in my book.
_Shadowcat_ wrote:
World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Kqht
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World map opinion thing.   World map opinion thing. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World map opinion thing.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2