Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Shut down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NeueSlowenischeKunst
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : In der Dunkelheit

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Tau wrote:
NeueSlowenischeKunst wrote:
Bitcoin already burst
Lolnoap. Bitcoin is just getting READY to burst. It's still in the process of averaging out after the price exploded back in June, right now it's at approx. $135 if memory serves. It shouldn't burst for a decent amount of time.

There's that, and there's also the other cryptocurrencies like Litecoin and (my personal favorite) Peercoin. Peercoin is setting up to rise in price by a pretty sizable margin, which is why I'm planning to buy a $20 ASIC to mine some Peercoins and just sit on 'em until they're worth something.
It fell from ~250 to 130 in a few minutes/hours, I'd call that a burst of some sort. My... boss, wants me to start setting up a litecoin miner, so we actually might use it as an internal... company currency.

Edit: I just watched part of el negrito's speech, I have the sudden urge to go downtown and set something on fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 17
Location : Ancapistan

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Litecoin (and its alternatives, such as FeatherCoin) are starting to fall in price, as with other Scrypt-based coins. SHA-based coins (like Bitcoin, Namecoin, PPCoin, etc.) may be unstable by comparison, but at least they're more secure and still on a (mostly) upward trend. Plus, SHA coins are easier to mine.

As for your argument that the bubble popped when the value of Bitcoin dropped from $260 to $130 in the space of a few days (that's right, DAYS): It took more time to go down than it did to get that high. It only got that high because of stupendous amounts of sudden media attention, and the overall price of Bitcoin was still increased tenfold relative to before it got that high anyhow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Fun fact, going back in time to invest in bitcoin is actually proof of time travelers.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomažHostnik
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-10-02
Location : Armageddon bound

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Daynel wrote:
Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
-lotsa good text-
Did... he just contribute to the conversation?
I'm as surprised as you.
I'm even more surprised that I agree with him.

Also, I'd like to add that the Norwegian government is about to get shitty as well.
Didn't y'all elect the 'super evil nazi no immigrant' party or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 955
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Neo Seoul

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm

TomažHostnik wrote:
Daynel wrote:
Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
-lotsa good text-
Did... he just contribute to the conversation?
I'm as surprised as you.
I'm even more surprised that I agree with him.

Also, I'd like to add that the Norwegian government is about to get shitty as well.
Didn't y'all elect the 'super evil nazi no immigrant' party or something?
Yep.
Because they promised fewer taxes and stuff, and cutting off other money income sources too, and combine that with them wanting to spend more of our monies we can kiss our status as richest land in the world good bye.

To quote my mother; "People need to vote with their head, not their wallets".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomažHostnik
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2013-10-02
Location : Armageddon bound

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Daynel wrote:
TomažHostnik wrote:
Daynel wrote:
Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
-lotsa good text-
Did... he just contribute to the conversation?
I'm as surprised as you.
I'm even more surprised that I agree with him.

Also, I'd like to add that the Norwegian government is about to get shitty as well.
Didn't y'all elect the 'super evil nazi no immigrant' party or something?
Yep.
Because they promised fewer taxes and stuff, and cutting off other money income sources too, and combine that with them wanting to spend more of our monies we can kiss our status as richest land in the world good bye.

To quote my mother; "People need to vote with their head, not their wallets".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:17 pm

TomažHostnik wrote:
Omg how you know my plan?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shut down    

Back to top Go down
 
Shut down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year!
» Med causes kidneys to shut down
» Avoid browser closing on selenium RC shutdown
» Monster Hunter Tri Servers Will Be Shutdown At the End of April!
» Nintendo: Shutdown of Wii Channels as of June 28, 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: